PDA

View Full Version : grrr....I think there may be loctite on my expansion chamber.

stalker0
11-10-2003, 01:16 AM
I baught a use automag this past summer and didnt even bother trying to take off the expansion chamber but today I thought I might as well fiddle with it. I tryd to take it off but it wont budge at all. Is there anything i can do? Im getting a gas thru next week becuz im changing almost everything on the gun. Also there is no point in an expansion chamber if u r running it on nitro. any tips would be helpfull. thanks!

xadamx
11-10-2003, 01:19 AM
use a lighter and heat where the threads are(on the inside) and then try to unscrew. it also helps if you have something like a piece of rubber to that will give you a better grip so you dont slip. dont worry about your gun getting miscolored unless you spray painted it or something :)

stalker0
11-10-2003, 01:21 AM
I personally dont like the expansion chamber becuz its big. and it doesnt look so nice.

stalker0
11-10-2003, 01:25 AM
also i cant burn it becuz its go allumi around it

xadamx
11-10-2003, 01:35 AM
i am assuming that allumi is alluminum. i am also assuming that by burning you meant heating(which is what i said and there is a large difference). you most certianly can heat alluminum.

stalker0
11-10-2003, 01:38 AM
oh sorry i was being simple minded. sorry. Ill give it a try. Thanks!

xadamx
11-10-2003, 01:47 AM
anytime. if that doesnt work try getting access to a vice. use either the piece of rubber i talked about before to protect your gun from the vice and then use another piece with a wrench to protect your expansion chamber. clamp down on the gun with the vice and then use the wrench to get it off

AutomagRook
11-10-2003, 05:25 PM
i had the same problem. i had an ugly air america xchamber. i tried to remove it cause i was getting a dye gas thru grip. well it wouldnt move. then i thought maybe the xchamber came connected to the rail. so i finally took it to my proshop where the guy told me it had loctite. he took it off with some tools/machines in his shop, but it wasnt easy. good luck if you try to do it by hand.

tony3
11-10-2003, 06:32 PM
leather belt+vice+blow torch=only way to go

Put it in the vice with the belt to protect it, then make sure its a copper tipped torch(i think)and heat it up for a minute or so, and use the whole body as leverage to unscrew it

MicroMiniMe
11-10-2003, 09:58 PM
Drop it in a pot of boiling water for at least 10-15 minutes. Take out with thick gloves or oven mitts. Use a rubber grip pad/'rubber husband' commonly used to open pickle/mayo jars and give it as few torques/pulls.
Easiest quick n'dirty with household equipment.

xadamx
11-10-2003, 11:09 PM
good thing hes not using an electro...

Rumble
11-12-2003, 06:51 PM
lol! that would b pretty funny