PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes reffing makes me want to kill myself, true conversation with some players

Albinonewt
11-10-2003, 06:52 AM
I had a group of thirty folks yesterday that I was judging for. At the end of the day we decided to play paint or pain. The other ref I was with explained the rules very clearly. After I walked one group to their deployment area this was the coversation I had.

Albinonewt: Does everyone understand the rules?
Players: Yes
Player 1: Do hand shots count?
A: Huh?
P1: Do hand shots count?
A: No, it's paint or pain, a handshot doesn't take you out.
P2: How about face shots?
A: No, it's paint or pain, a face shot will not eliminate you
P1: How about a hand and a face shot?
A: No
P3: How do you get out?
A: You play until you decide your done
P1: How do you know that?
A: Know what?
P1: When you're done
A: When you run out of paint or you can't take the pain anymore
P2: What pain?
A: The pain from getting shot
P1: I thought you said they were out of paint, how will they shoot us?
A: No, they'll play to their out of paint.
P3: When's that?

A: GAME WILL BEGIN IN 3 - 2 - 1 GO GO GO

I could have killed myself after that conversation.

dansim
11-10-2003, 07:08 AM
lol

shartley
11-10-2003, 07:37 AM
:rolleyes:

.... did they arrive on the "special" bus?

GA Devil
11-10-2003, 08:48 AM
LMAO

Mango
11-10-2003, 10:03 AM
HAHAHA! wow that is...something else...

Will Wood
11-10-2003, 11:04 AM
I think they were trying to be stupid. It's not natural for someone to be that stupid.

... Unless they are me

MantisMag
11-10-2003, 11:55 AM
at that point you take his marker from him and shoot him until the hopper is empty. then he will understand the pain part. then show him the empty hopper so he'll understand the out of paint part.

FragTek
11-10-2003, 11:59 AM
Now that guy... well he just needs to ummm... graduate from special ed. class :)

1stdeadeye
11-10-2003, 12:56 PM
When are we out again?

:p

snoogans
11-10-2003, 01:05 PM
Are you sure handshots don't count in that game?? what about if you get a hand, mask, and chest shot? then are you out of paint? How many hoppers does it take to get to the moon? :p

i feel your pain kinda, i have a TAG freak tip and kids at my field just don't understand what it is and what it does to my gun and i get to a point where i just look at them trying to find out y they are so dumb. talk to sneakyhacker420 he's been through the same thing. he has a nasty impulse and you know how there's an x figure milled in it? a kid went up and asked if it was an xtreme impulse:confused: the word NASTY was rite under the x. lmfao.

PRPB
11-10-2003, 01:13 PM
Were you reffing a Skirmish?

Army
11-10-2003, 02:18 PM
So, you were at the last Xball with Dynasty, huh?

:D

fcpchop
11-10-2003, 02:56 PM
so how did the game go? did they underd stand it after they were shot that they weren't out?

judster
11-10-2003, 03:08 PM
you think thats bad...i reffed deaf kids once...try telling one of them that the game has started, they are hit, going the wrong way that the field house the the other way they are walking...i had the pleasure of doing this. not to knock the deaf people in the world but that was one of the hardest games to ref....

spydervenom
11-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Army
So, you were at the last Xball with Dynasty, huh?

:D

hahaha

maglover52
11-10-2003, 04:31 PM
what an idiot! lol thats great. i thought they where outta paint how will they shoot us? lol good stuff.

Nick O time
11-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Shartley's comment reminded me of a shirt I saw once:
I rode the short bus to school today.:p lmao great story ummm i don't even think i am that stupid.:p

KornKamp02
11-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Will Wood
I think they were trying to be stupid. It's not natural for someone to be that stupid.

... Unless they are me

CpSuPeRkId
11-10-2003, 08:36 PM
hahahha omg judster. u do not know how much i just laughed. i cant even breathe anymore. i know it might be disrespectful or rude to poke fun at deaf people but can you seriously imagine the chaos on a paintball field infested with deaf kids??? i would not be able to ref. i would be on the ground laughing my *** off at all the chaos. seriously funny stuff.

coolcatpete
11-10-2003, 08:41 PM
I ref at Ithaca Paintball all the time and it is hard sometimes and I have had mentally challenged kids play and wow it was hard to ref, fun to watch everyone get hit by people who are out but hard.

platinumjason
11-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Haha, thats hilarious. How old were the people you were reffing for?

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-10-2003, 10:36 PM
...wow...i'd just shoot that kid on the spot

Wrathchild
11-11-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
...wow...i'd just shoot that kid on the spot

*EDIT* Ummm....no.

judster
11-11-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by CpSuPeRkId
hahahha omg judster. u do not know how much i just laughed. i cant even breathe anymore. i know it might be disrespectful or rude to poke fun at deaf people but can you seriously imagine the chaos on a paintball field infested with deaf kids??? i would not be able to ref. i would be on the ground laughing my *** off at all the chaos. seriously funny stuff.

the bad thing is durring the game my other ref forgot they were def and started yelling at the kids when they were playing on through hits. we finally had to make long sticks with a flag on top of it, stand in the middle of the field and drop it to indicate the start/stop of the game...mind you this was woods ball....after every game i had to go find at least 2 players lost in the woods.....it really wasnt a good time....

srrdude
11-11-2003, 06:58 PM
i wish i could make fun of that retard, but i cant seem to figure out how to reply to a thread? could someone explain? something about a button? Any one know what that is?

Mag_SEAL-6
11-12-2003, 12:30 AM
oohh the humanity.....