PDA

View Full Version : 3.2 software

FortySix&2
11-10-2003, 10:06 AM
Just got my Micro E-mag back with the new 3.2 software!! Thanks AGD for the excellent customer support (had gun overhauled).

In case anyone didn't know, the 3.2 software just rocks. It is way better than previous versions and finally lets my Mag rip like that valve was built to. A few people tried my gun over the weekend and now want one over their guns.

I do have one question though, what exactly is the shot buffering number, is it just the number of shots it holds in the queue?

FragTek
11-10-2003, 10:19 AM
I BELIEVE that its how many milliseconds interval it checks for another trigger pull after the last pull if I am not mistaken.

Can someone back me up on this one or am I way off?

Kevmaster
11-10-2003, 11:07 AM
for a little more detail, do a search, but here we go:

lets say you set the marker for 20bps. Thats one shot every 20th of a second...thats 50ms inbetween each shot. So you pull the trigger, the gun fires, and after 50ms, when you pull the trigger again, you can fire. If you pull 45ms after that first pull, the marker discards that pull because it was too soon after the first. Thats the OLD way of doing things. With Shot buffering, instead of discarding that pull, it SAVES the trigger pull. When the 50ms is up, it then FIRES. So it waits 5ms (in this case) and fires, as if you had pulled it at the right time. This leads to much more consistant bps rates and faster ones too.

If you add an ACE to the mix, it does even cooler things...but thats irrelevant for you with a micro E

FragTek
11-10-2003, 11:17 AM
Thanks for a pimp explaination Kevmaster....

I am starting my ACE project in about 1.5-2 weeks. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

thecavemankevin
11-10-2003, 11:18 AM
yeah, what he said :)

too bad my ace don't work:(

AGD
11-10-2003, 11:33 AM
The number you are adjusting is how long the marker waits until it will accept another trigger pull. When the gun fires, it waits 4ms before it accepts another trigger pull. If you pull the trigger 3ms after it fires the trigger pull gets rejected.

This is the setting to increase to reject trigger bounce noise.

AGD

FragTek
11-10-2003, 11:38 AM
So I was pretty close in my assumption then.

Mango
11-10-2003, 12:54 PM
The 3.2 software is a gift from the gods!!! Of all the X-mags I've owned this one with 3.2 is just sick. It makes me go :D

Dayspring
11-10-2003, 01:06 PM
Notice he says "Of all the Xmags I've owned."

JT is the ONLY person up to their 3rd Xmag. ;)

Originally posted by SprayingMango
The 3.2 software is a gift from the gods!!! Of all the X-mags I've owned this one with 3.2 is just sick. It makes me go :D

Mango
11-10-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Notice he says "Of all the Xmags I've owned."

JT is the ONLY person up to their 3rd Xmag. ;)

hehehe I'm special in more ways than one :eek: :confused:

yellow dart
11-10-2003, 03:03 PM
is this software available for everyone now?

FragTek
11-10-2003, 03:23 PM
Yes, it is $20 for return shipping and handling, the actual flashing of the board once your gun gets to AGD is free.

It is a 2 week turnaround for the upgrade, but I was talking to Jon last week and he said they arent a lot of guns in for the upgrade so its more than likely less than 2 weeks to get your gun back.

Lata

Halliday
11-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by FortySix&2
... It is way better than previous versions and finally lets my Mag rip like that valve was built to....

Can you explain that? Has it increased your ROF? I'd like to be able to shoot my E-Mag as fast as I see people shoot their Angels and Trix. A few weeks ago I test drove some kid's Angel and easily just hammered on it. I shot ropes of paint. Will the 3.2 software help me on my E-Mag?

FortySix&2
11-11-2003, 09:19 AM
Yes, it definitely helps you shoot ropes of paint. Much, much faster than before. You can easily outshoot an Angel with it, as for a Trix, probably not most. Not much outshoots a trix though. You will be 110% satisfied with it. Think of it as upgrading a Timmy from an SOB to a WAS (im talking about speed not all the options). The shot buffering and increased rate of fire is great. I can ACTUALLY shoot 20bps with it, not 16-17 like it was w/o shot buffering. Anyways, hope that helps.

FutureMagOwner
11-11-2003, 09:26 AM
yeah i noticed a significant increase in speed when i got my gun back from anodizing :) (tuna flashed it for me :D ) and my brother noticed what an electronic gun can do last night when he blasted my moms flower bed in the back yard... :rolleyes:

hAppy
11-11-2003, 02:47 PM
what are these boards capable of (bps wise)?

FragTek
11-11-2003, 02:50 PM
The board itself is capable of BASICALLY an infinite bps rate, the software on the board determines the max ROF.

Currently with the 3.2 the max ROF is 20bps w/ shot buffering (meaning u can actually achieve 20bps :))

FutureMagOwner
11-11-2003, 03:01 PM
o yeah i have a quick question as well i was keying thru my thing today and noticed the shot buffering setting what should i have that at? (it cycles from 2-100 in even numbers)

hAppy
11-11-2003, 03:01 PM
o sweet i might trade my angel for an emag w/ 3.2

FragTek
11-11-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
o yeah i have a quick question as well i was keying thru my thing today and noticed the shot buffering setting what should i have that at? (it cycles from 2-100 in even numbers)

If u put your shot buffer at 50 that should be about perfect for hitting your 20bps limit.

You can go lower if you want to try and pick up a little more bounce.

I guess you could say its all personal preference. Play with it a little :)

Miscue
11-11-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by FragTek
The board itself is capable of BASICALLY an infinite bps rate, the software on the board determines the max ROF.

Currently with the 3.2 the max ROF is 20bps w/ shot buffering (meaning u can actually achieve 20bps :))

Eh... I wouldn't go so far as to say infinite... :p

With a 30ms solenoid dwell, the solenoid plunger can only reset at about a rate of 23bps tops. I believe this is why it is capped at 20 because this is a safe number to ensure the plunger gets a full stroke.

At 25ms, you can get roughly 25... and with 20 you can hit 26 without issue as far as I can tell.

FragTek
11-11-2003, 03:14 PM
I didnt know the specifics like that... so I had to throw something out there... hehe :)

markchig
11-20-2003, 12:40 AM
Hi there. I have recently (june) gotten my X Mag, XT00219 C&C metalic Green center feed with 2.21 software. I am in New Zealand and would like to get the software upgrade. Is there any way to do this without sending my baby out of the country? One other member of my team also has a X Mag (older than mine), and another has a Micro E Mag.We are al interested un the software upgrades.

DiRTyBuNNy
11-20-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by markchig
Hi there. I have recently (june) gotten my X Mag, XT00219 C&C metalic Green center feed with 2.21 software. I am in New Zealand and would like to get the software upgrade. Is there any way to do this without sending my baby out of the country? One other member of my team also has a X Mag (older than mine), and another has a Micro E Mag.We are al interested un the software upgrades.

so...who wants to take a laptop with the update software on vacation down under?

markchig
11-20-2003, 01:47 AM
Well there is a major (New Zealand standards) going on down here on 10 / 11 of Jan in Hamilton. This Tourney is sponsored by WDP and will mainly be attended by New Zealand and Australian teams (but all are welcome) If any one wants to find out about this event and others down here the main paintball site frequented by most of us is www.paintball.co.nz

spazzed
11-20-2003, 09:42 AM
Somewhat related..whatever happened to the software Miscue wrote?:confused: :)

JRingold
09-19-2005, 08:07 PM
I hate to do it, but I've searched an came to this one.

I have an X-Mag with 2.x software and I'm looking to get up to the latest GA version. Has the process changed?

Is there anyone in Minnesota that is capable of this upgrade?

Dayspring
09-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Send it to AGD. $20.