PDA

View Full Version : 03 shocker ???

wdyer14
11-10-2003, 02:29 PM
I was offered a great deal on a 03 shocker,but I need some info first.I use a screw in tank at 750 psi,and the smart parts dealers recomend a 175-210 psi input,is there a reg in the gun to bring it down?I don't want to buy a new tank,because my emag loves my crossfire I just wanted to know if this will work.

PS
I'm not selling my mags off,but I can get this gun very cheap through a dealer promotion.($500-$525)I just don't want to waste my money if my setup won't work.any info is would be very helpful.

lopxtc
11-10-2003, 02:36 PM
Check to see if the one you are buying has a vertical max-flo.

The ultimate combos have a max-flo tank, while the basic packages have a vertical max-flo.

If you have the vertical then your tank will be fine, I use a 68/4500 800psi out Pure Energy tank and it works great with my shocker. I have the new vertical max-flo and havent had a problem with it.

Despite the negative energy that AO tends to generate towards this marker, I have not had any problems with mine what so ever.

Aaron

FragTek
11-10-2003, 07:35 PM
If it doesnt come with a vert max-flo or some other type of reg (opposed to the gas-through type that comes on the Ultimate package) I suggest just browsing the b/s/t adds for a nice reg at a good price.

demonguy8
11-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by FragTek
If it doesnt come with a vert max-flo or some other type of reg (opposed to the gas-through type that comes on the Ultimate package) I suggest just browsing the b/s/t adds for a nice reg at a good price.

It would be a very long and pointless search...

The 2k3 shockers come in one of 2 ways... In the "ultimate package" that includes a gas-thru grip and a maxflow tank
OR in with the vert Reg and no tank. The problem is that the ones with gas thru grips DO NOT have ASAs for a reg to be put on, only the Vert Reggd guns do.

wdyer14
11-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Thanks,the input has been very helpful.Out of curiosity what kind of shot count per fill are you getting from your tank.I have heard the pre production models were horrible on gas usage and chopped like crazy.Both of these issues were supposed to be addressed in later models.I think the #'s were 001-250 or somewhere around therefor pre-pro's.

lopxtc
11-11-2003, 08:02 AM
Actually pre-production went as high as 5## I do believe.

I havent seen many chopping issues, aside from people outshooting a hopper without an eye.

The main issues were bolt stick and FSDO both of which were solved with o-ring changes.

My S/N is 17## and I have not had any of those problems ...

That said however, gas useage is still not that good ... I get a hopper and around 4-5 pods off a 4000lbs fill on my 68ci ... at that point I am pretty much 0 gas.

Aaron

Quickling
11-11-2003, 08:30 AM
at that price you can always buy it and if you don't like it/can't get it to work with your tank you can always sell it for 650 or some and turn a profit...

minimag187
11-11-2003, 09:12 AM
Im shooting a vision 2k3 shocker /w new maxflo as well and it works great with my crossfire. SN 1523