PDA

View Full Version : Best marker under $1,000

Lohman446
11-10-2003, 07:07 PM
We have all seen variations of this, and I did not make a poll because I want to know why as well. Personally for me - if I were limited to one marker, it would be my mechanical mag - (X valve, ULE body, Intelliframe). However, I am looking at the idea of my mag becoming a secondary marker and looking into a electro - and leaning towards Viking/Excalibur. I may just scrap that idea, buy an Illusion pump save myself some serious cash and use a pump as a backup - kidding (kind of), I have a Smart Mag for a backup.

I fully expect a ton of opinions, I would just like to know what everyone thinks - BTW, cocker threads is a big plus for me, I don't want to buy another barrel kit, however, I am not married to this either.

ExtremeODD
11-10-2003, 07:13 PM
if it were me, id get a viking or excaliber, their a dream to use, such a short trigger pull u can get, the speed, the greatness!! or a cocker, what ever smokes ur goat

Cryer
11-10-2003, 07:16 PM
My mag. The Red one in my sig.
The one thats for sale...;) :p

Cryer
11-10-2003, 07:19 PM
No, but IMHO, I think High-end mech mags (yes, like mine...:rolleyes: ), vikings, or Emags.

FragTek
11-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Dye Matrix '03. Can't beat that gat for the price.

elpimpo
11-10-2003, 07:32 PM
speed

maglover52
11-10-2003, 07:42 PM
yeah dye lcd matrix or an emag is the way to go!

CpSuPeRkId
11-10-2003, 08:06 PM
i say viking. without a doubt the best overall performing gun out there right now with insane reliability and quality. and considering the best of the best cost 1200 max, you can easily get a fully tricked out viking w/ was, eyes, clamping rise, new trigger, barrel, etc. considering the excal costs a minimum of 1250 dollars, i dont think that qualifies for under 1k. imo vikings are better over all markers anyways. i recently sold my viking to get either a viking or excalibur but after some long thinking i decided to go with a viking again. while the excal might have that little bit of added smoothness, its not worth the 400 bucks extra and the little complications of being closed bolt. theres no forced eye mode due to battery consumption if the bolt happened to be in the back position. the balls can roll out of your barrel since its closed bolt and if that one ball happens to roll out before you bunker somebody then you are pretty much screwed because you just shot him with a blast of air. also they arent as fast(although pretty close with paint) as vikings and they have one more noid and ram to deal with. thats why i think vikings are still overall better guns. if u do end up going with an aka gun i suggest a viking over an excal.

CSquared42
11-10-2003, 08:18 PM
I have heard great things about the Viking. I have talked to people who own them on other forums, and they say that they shoot perfectly, and that they barely use air. Someone claimed to have put a case of paint through his on one full 68/45 nitro tank. I haven't used this gun, so I can't tell you anything about it from experience, but I hoped that little bit helped.

Rynoboy06
11-10-2003, 08:52 PM
The claim of a case off a 68/4500 is totally realistic. I have done it myself. It has to be a good full fill, and you probably an unported barrel with a good paint match like I used, but it is totally doable. Vikings rock!

Lone Wolf2
11-10-2003, 08:52 PM
man,yesterday we tested a DYE trix,and that thing was a PIECE OF SHIZZZ,the velocity was all over and u hadda re-lube that beotch like crazy.I think they are maintnence holics.

cledford
11-10-2003, 09:02 PM
I gotta say Emag or Viking. The Emag is every bit as durable, fast, and with the right parts TONS lighter. The Viking has it all, plus insane gas milage (especially compared to the Emag) but is an over weight pig of a marker.

I own both and struggle to decide which is my gun on any given day. My heart says an AGD product will always be tops on the list - but the Viking is right there with it. If I could only chose one - it would be the Emag - because I will always be an AGD guy first and formost. Otherwise I feel extremely fortunent to own both.

-Calvin

ZyperioN
11-10-2003, 09:05 PM
vikings dont weight that much, about the same as a classic mag with foregrip and drop (SS valve and body). Or maybe they do but since playing with a classic mag and a VM-68 it's a feather

~WarpedRT#2~
11-10-2003, 09:07 PM
I'd have to say Speed. Just usnder 1K, and shoots great!

psycoclown414
11-10-2003, 09:16 PM
OMG! its been for ever since i've came to this website. but i still think that for under 1000 bucks a sweet autococker would take the cookie.

platinumjason
11-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Personally I loved E-Mags and thats why one is my main gun, easy to take care of, reliable and its pretty quick. Speed's are also real nice guns, they are super quick and made by my next favorite company to AGD.

cockermongol
11-11-2003, 12:03 AM
i vote: nicely tuned mech cocker