PDA

View Full Version : Insane band trip from hell!

-=Squid=-
11-11-2003, 08:39 AM
ok, our school band went to march in a parade (first place btw) and anyways, on the way home there is some motorcycle in front of the first bus. Well, the guy on the motorcycle hits a deer, and him and his passenger fly off into the ditch. It throws the deer into the other lane, and a guy in a truck hits it, and drives into a ditch, then it shoves it back into the other lane again, and the bus runs over it. It knocked out the busses air brake lines, so the driver couldnt stop to help the people, and had to run several red lights getting back to the school. Meanwhile, on the other bus were stuck in traffic, watching a helicopter air evac the motorcyclists. Insane.

SpongeBobSquarePants
11-11-2003, 12:23 PM
HOLY PISS!:eek: :eek: :eek:

graycie
11-11-2003, 12:51 PM
damn deer

UltimatePaintballer
11-11-2003, 12:57 PM
what bus were you in??? the non exciting one. if that happened to me, i would be in non exciting one:(

-=Squid=-
11-11-2003, 01:29 PM
I was in the boring one watching the heli fly around.

mcveighr
11-11-2003, 02:18 PM
So who's gonna get to eat the deer?

UltimatePaintballer
11-11-2003, 04:20 PM
NO! i stayed home from school today and my sister just came home saying our bus hit a deer and our bus driver was hurt and there was blood everywhere!!!! i missed it, i did i did i did!!!

Caffiend
11-11-2003, 08:50 PM
damn deer.

do you know if the motorcycle rider and his passenger were wearing helmets?

Cliffio
11-11-2003, 09:04 PM
the high schools, grade schools, and middle schools didnt even have school today here, why did you have school?

Ironmag
11-12-2003, 03:36 AM
Hmmm....almost sounds like a scene from a movie or something. It must have been freaky. It reminds me on my band's trip to Colorado a few years ago and we were on one of those winding roads up a mountain. Well, we have a crappy bus driver and somehow one of our tires was hanging off the edge of the CLIFF! It really didn't dawn on me until I looked off to the side window and saw the long fall. In no time there were girls crying and the band parents whipped out their bibles and rosaries and started praying. Luckily, we got out of that danger. Now that I look back on it, it was kinda funny in that sick sort of way.

-=Squid=-
11-12-2003, 10:34 AM
The motorcyclists are ok, suffering only minor bruises etc, and the woman broke her arm.

Jason Stearns
11-12-2003, 05:15 PM
When i used to be in band, one of the buses got pollen over by a cop, but that really doesnt compare to the Deer+Motocycle= Band Trip from hell

FalconGuy016
11-12-2003, 05:19 PM
Holy crap squid! lol! it would have been scary as hell not having brakes

Originally posted by Ironmag
Hmmm....almost sounds like a scene from a movie or something. It must have been freaky. It reminds me on my band's trip to Colorado a few years ago and we were on one of those winding roads up a mountain. Well, we have a crappy bus driver and somehow one of our tires was hanging off the edge of the CLIFF! It really didn't dawn on me until I looked off to the side window and saw the long fall. In no time there were girls crying and the band parents whipped out their bibles and rosaries and started praying. Luckily, we got out of that danger. Now that I look back on it, it was kinda funny in that sick sort of way.

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have immediatly gone to the other side of the bus and jumped out the emergency window

hitech
11-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
It knocked out the busses air brake lines, so the driver couldnt stop to help the people, and had to run several red lights getting back to the school.

Interesting since the air pressure in air brakes is used to hold the brake OPEN. Pressing on the brake vents the air to apply the brakes. If the air lines were lost the brakes would lock up. ;)

Grayso
11-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Yeah. That whole story is bull****. Even if the brakes went out, the driver would not have continued on to school, and he would not have ran red lights. They would have to do what's safe for the kids and even without brakes, it would be illegal to run a red light.

Also, if something like this happened. It would be on tv. Got a news link? :rolleyes:

Bull****. Total bull****.

KornKamp02
11-12-2003, 10:37 PM
wow, lol I'd be fin freakin!

KornKamp02
11-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Grayso
Yeah. That whole story is bull****. Even if the brakes went out, the driver would not have continued on to school, and he would not have ran red lights. They would have to do what's safe for the kids and even without brakes, it would be illegal to run a red light.

Also, if something like this happened. It would be on tv. Got a news link? :rolleyes:

Bull****. Total bull****. hey, settle down man. Cursing isn't allowed ya'know :rolleyes:

Grayso
11-12-2003, 10:44 PM
I didn't curse, I just typed in little stars so people think I'm cursing. I'm a good christian, church going boy.

Anyways, that's what the swear filter is for.

KornKamp02
11-12-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Grayso
I didn't curse, I just typed in little stars so people think I'm cursing. I'm a good christian, church going boy.

Anyways, that's what the swear filter is for. Ok, there are two rules that you have broken, I believe typing stars is called "bypassing filters" taht is when you type something else in place of curses which you would have gotten away with if you hadn't of said you did it.Also, just typing stars is still cursing, what the mods do is if they see an excessive amount of stars in a post they will warn you, been there, done that my friend. ;)

sneakyhacker420
11-12-2003, 11:00 PM
hot poop! :eek:

einhander619
11-12-2003, 11:26 PM

KornKamp02
11-12-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by einhander619
****. You can say that again! :p

magking1971
11-13-2003, 08:32 AM
Yes this story has a few flaws, I suggest deleting this thread and starting over.
I am a truck driver and yes like Hitech said the air holds the brakes OPEN, when air pressure is lost the brakes will lock and you are not going anywhere.
Besides a bus drivers #1 job is saftey for the students and would NOT contuine to the school with out brakes.
Try again.

yellow dart
11-13-2003, 03:48 PM
This one time at band camp........ :eek:

LittleKrems
11-13-2003, 09:17 PM
at band camp we got in trouble from the cops for crossing the street as a marching band. they thought us crossing 1 at a time would be safer:rolleyes:

Grayso
11-14-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by KornKamp02
Ok, there are two rules that you have broken, I believe typing stars is called "bypassing filters" taht is when you type something else in place of curses which you would have gotten away with if you hadn't of said you did it.Also, just typing stars is still cursing, what the mods do is if they see an excessive amount of stars in a post they will warn you, been there, done that my friend. ;)

I didn't say I bypassed the filters. I said I typed stars. ************************************************** ********* Is there something wrong with stars? The stars don't even have to represent curse words. I hope you **** * ******** ***!

Is that cursing? No. The stars represent "have a wonderful day". See? I'm not breaking any rules.

************************************************** ************************************************** ********************

-=Squid=-
11-16-2003, 05:55 PM
Good lord you nazi's! IT knocked one air break line out, and I wasnt on the bus so I dont know the exact cicrumstances. I am aware that they would lock up, and it was something to the degree of he lost most of the air pressure and didnt want to get stuck there on the side of the road. Im not sure if he was aware of what happened, and he just happened to hit the deer, or what. Yes, 2 stop sings were run. Good lord, go away troll.

MDethCKR
11-16-2003, 08:49 PM
o yea....i basically had a got laid (3some) on a marching band bus

i got caught and got 3 in school suspensions

it was fun tho....on the crappy yellow school bus!

ramennoodles
11-16-2003, 09:29 PM
littlekrems, awesome sig, what do all of you play?