PDA

View Full Version : ULT Problems

greenkill
11-11-2003, 11:22 AM
I posted it in black's ULT thread, and didn't get any response =\

-
I have a Xvalve, and when i installed my ULT, i removed my current on/off, and the oring at the bottom. When I first gas'ed up, it fired by itself, but then the on/off wouldn't reset, it'd say depress in the valve. The instructions said if it wouldn't fire keep adding shims to it does. So I added all 5 ULT shims, and same result. I then proceeded to remove 4 ULT shims, and add 2 LX shims, 2 ULT shims so that'd be equivalent to 6 ULT shims. Same thing. I added another shim and the same problem. I'm out of shims and ideas of what to do... Any suggestions?

And I made sure that each time I installed the on/off that the holes were lining up 1 hole to the bolt, 1 to the back of the valve, and one each to each of the sides of the valve.

abaez
11-11-2003, 12:51 PM
First it was probably a typo but you should have removed two orings from the old on/off. Second make sure you're not getting bolt stick.

greenkill
11-11-2003, 06:17 PM
i did removed two orings, otherwise it would not have installed flushed...

how do i make sure I am not getting bolt stick?

silentdeath55
11-11-2003, 07:45 PM
You probably have seen this thread ( http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110491 ), but if you scroll down there are pics that Bad_Dog made up of his valve. As you can see he is using a lot of ULT shims and a lot of LX shims. In my valve I am using a lot of shims also. You have an x-valve so it may be different...

greenkill
11-11-2003, 07:55 PM
yeah i read it... didn't help tho. =\

greenkill
11-14-2003, 12:14 AM
so any other suggestions?