PDA

View Full Version : Automags.org or pbreview.com

swat150
11-11-2003, 12:06 PM
Do you prefer Automags.org or pbreview.com. I prefer Automags.org for the reason that the members here are fewer therefore its more of a friendly group rather than a crowd of strangers.

FortySix&2
11-11-2003, 12:12 PM
AO is the best online paintball forum period. Everyone here is nice, fun, INTELLIGENT and you don't run into all the flaming of other forums. Just my experience.

Army
11-11-2003, 12:14 PM
This is a contest? :D

PBReview has it's good points, one of those is the "X" in the top right corner:D:D:D:D:D

Actually, PBR has a few really good people there, but is all too often frequented, and opinionated, by ignorant "rumor passer-onners" that simply won't do the basic research to know that 'Cockers really don't shoot flatter, farther, harder than any other gun. I only go to the 'Mag and general forums, and don't read the reviews anymore.

Besides, AO should make it their duty to join all these "other" sites, get into the Automag forums, and make sure 'Mag truth is maintained....and to direct people here:)

tony3
11-11-2003, 12:19 PM
And army you think the people here aren't opinionated and biased towards mags? Most of the time if someone here says anything down on mags they get beat with a leather strap. PBR does have lots of new comers and the like, but there is definetly people from all different perspectives. Here most people like mags and agd, sure there are other gun users, but more mag users then anything.

edweird
11-11-2003, 12:32 PM
most of the time on here that people catch the proverbial leather strap is when they claim untrue things about mags that most of us have already tested and know to be gospel.

When in doubt test it out, Then share your info... that is how we do it here. One of the reasons I frequent here is the fact we leave the hype for the other forums.

FooTemps
11-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Pbreview is a joke! They didn't show at last year's AO meet here when we CHALLENGED THEM.

68Classic
11-11-2003, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I use to like Pbreview, but it seems to have gone down hill. Automags.org is by far the best site on the net.

personman
11-11-2003, 05:10 PM
I dont even go to any other paintball sites but here unless I want to sell something and it's not selling over here.

logamus
11-11-2003, 05:23 PM
there are other paintball sites?

p8ntball1016
11-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by tony3
And army you think the people here aren't opinionated and biased towards mags? Most of the time if someone here says anything down on mags they get beat with a leather strap. PBR does have lots of new comers and the like, but there is definetly people from all different perspectives. Here most people like mags and agd, sure there are other gun users, but more mag users then anything. but pbr is rapidly turning into pbn.

pbcustom98
11-11-2003, 05:39 PM
PBR to me is pretty much PBN..it gets worse and worse each day that goes by..the flames are almost in everypost..and no one searches for anything..they all want the answer without working for it

Daniel

amazing_spyderman
11-11-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by p8ntball1016
but pbr is rapidly turning into pbn.
you're only saying that because you were banned :p

i know i can't change your opinions about pbr myself, but just know that the moderators there are doing their damndest to put out the flame wars, eliminate the spammers *coughp8ntball1016cough*, and overall make it a pleasent place to learn and talk about paintball.

Benfica4ever
11-11-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
Pbreview is a joke! They didn't show at last year's AO meet here when we CHALLENGED THEM.

Challenged???:confused:

AGD
11-11-2003, 06:28 PM
FYI we estimate that about a third of the people on this forum don't own a mag. About 80% of the rest of them own another gun besides a mag.

Sure your going to get people defending our stuff but every time someone asks a question about gun xxx the responses are usually "I have one and here is the story".

AO is far from a single minded gun culture.

AGD

p8ntball1016
11-11-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by amazing_spyderman

you're only saying that because you were banned :p

i know i can't change your opinions about pbr myself, but just know that the moderators there are doing their damndest to put out the flame wars, eliminate the spammers *coughp8ntball1016cough*, and overall make it a pleasent place to learn and talk about paintball. but it still keeps getting worse.

edit
do i care? im ip banned!:eek:

cphilip
11-11-2003, 07:04 PM
Lets see.... um.... I dunno... this is hard....um.... Ok....

AO!!!!!

heh... :D

SpongeBobSquarePants
11-11-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by personman
I dont even go to any other paintball sites but here unless I want to sell something and it's not selling over here.

Ditto, or I need timmy info at that point I may check the timmy fourm at PBN. I don't even own a mag but I could tell you everything about them thats for sure.:)

03vert
11-11-2003, 08:04 PM
yea i got banned too so i came here. not to say it was my second option, just i discovered it when i looked at someone's feedback.and i got banned for defending my talon:( . anyways yea the people here are alot more knowledgable and nicer too. besides at pbn the mods are even dummy's. (not richy or goldie though ;) ). im a member of pbr to because i wanted to post a review of my old cocker. havent really explored it much.

p8ntball1016
11-11-2003, 08:28 PM
i got banned and i never got any kind of reason. and i got warned by 3 DIFFERENT mods about the same thing. obviously the mod staff there is running on fumes.

swat150
11-11-2003, 08:28 PM
LOL DONT YOU SEE! This thread itself is becoming heated between fellow AO'ERS

p8ntball1016
11-11-2003, 08:29 PM
i dont see. MOMMY IVE GONE BLIND!!!!!:eek:

spydervenom
11-11-2003, 08:32 PM
let x represent anything

x>pbr
ao>x
therefore(imagine a triangle of dots)
ao>pbr

swat150
11-11-2003, 08:41 PM
Hey come on p8ntball1016
Dont take up room with wierd pointless replys.

xadamx
11-11-2003, 09:01 PM
AO is great! Tom is right though, look for questions about guns around here. So many people don't own mags its goofy. Almost everybody here has owned one at some point though and almost everyone here can tell you every single thing about mags. This forum is very open and very honest. We have great members that put in the time to prove or disprove current "hypes." People like Jack and Coke and AGD are constantly posting their tests and results. AO is supported by several small companies that put out great quality products. Companies like Nicad, RogueFactor(even though he's not a company per say), and Shartly are always putting out new and great looking products for mags, along side AGD. The moderators are always fair and responcible even though they seem like they may be being harsh at times, they are doing their job and they always treat everybody the same.

Bottom line: AO is the best, most enjoyable, most supported, tight knit web community in paintball. If you don't like it here then there has got to be something wrong with you!! ;)

pbcustom98
11-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by xadamx
Bottom line: AO is the best, most enjoyable, most supported, tight knit web community in paintball. If you don't like it here then there has got to be something wrong with you!! ;)

theres stuff wrong with me and i still like it here!

gangstagrey
11-11-2003, 09:54 PM
PBR represent!

p8ntball1016
11-11-2003, 09:55 PM
no. dont represent.

pbcustom98
11-11-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by gangstagrey
PBR represent!

no, PBR sucks.

FooTemps
11-11-2003, 10:10 PM
lol, pbr is full of chicken-wimps... They chickened out on our challenge for the AO-WA meet last year... I would post a file on here but it's a bit harsh towards pbr, and I have no clue where to host it...

pbcustom98
11-11-2003, 10:11 PM
footemps..mind sending it to me via aim ? :D

Caleb
11-11-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by gangstagrey
PBR represent!

REPRESENTIN!

In My Opinion... PBReview is better.

pbcustom98
11-11-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Caleb

REPRESENTIN!

In My Opinion... PBReview is better.

then why are you here? leave at once! ;)

no seriously, what do you like better ? i find it very hard to like flames more then actual answers to questions.

cphilip
11-11-2003, 10:21 PM
9 posts makes him a good judge... he musta got kicked off PBR....

Caleb
11-11-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by pbcustom98

then why are you here? leave at once! ;)

no seriously, what do you like better ? i find it very hard to like flames more then actual answers to questions.

1. I own a couple of mags, but there not my main marker.
2. A good amount of members. Not to many, not to much. Unlike PBNation where you post and your thread is all the way at the bottom of the page right away.
3. Diversity. Unlike here where most people just shoot mags and discuss mags. On PBReview we have people who shoot a wide variety of different markers and discuss other products.
4. I moderate there. ;)

In conclusion, don't think that I have something against this site. It's great, has helped me a couple of times solve some problems and sell some stuff. :)

Originally posted by cphilip
he musta got kicked off PBR....

Not quite. :cool:

pbcustom98
11-11-2003, 10:29 PM
1. I own a couple of mags, but there not my main marker.
2. A good amount of members. Not to many, not to much. Unlike PBNation where you post and your thread is all the way at the bottom of the page right away.
3. Diversity. Unlike here where most people just shoot mags and discuss mags. On PBReview we have people who shoot a wide variety of different markers and discuss other products.
4. I moderate there. ;)
In conclusion, don't think that I have something against this site. It's great, has helped me a couple of times solve some problems and sell some stuff. :)
Not quite. :cool:

AO has a decent amount of people who visit here regularyly. Not too many people like PBN, but a moderate amount. Posts arent at the bottom of the page right away, but maybe after a day it needs a bump. Diversity? We all at one point have owned a mag (most people), but even people who dont care for mags are here, and like this site better then anywhere else.

Even Tom himself said that AO isnt filled with people who only have mags.

FYI we estimate that about a third of the people on this forum don't own a mag. About 80% of the rest of them own another gun besides a mag.

Sure your going to get people defending our stuff but every time someone asks a question about gun xxx the responses are usually "I have one and here is the story".

AO is far from a single minded gun culture.

AGD

Caleb
11-11-2003, 10:32 PM

AO has a decent amount of people who visit here regularyly. Not too many people like PBN, but a moderate amount. Posts arent at the bottom of the page right away, but maybe after a day it needs a bump.

Agreed. :)

Diversity? We all at one point have owned a mag (most people), but even people who dont care for mags are here, and like this site better then anywhere else.

Even Tom himself said that AO isnt filled with people who only have mags.

True. But the main point you post at Automag.org is to discuss automags. Which again, there is nothing wrong with, but you don't really have the whole spectrum of paintball marker discussions.

pbcustom98
11-11-2003, 10:36 PM
True. But the main point you post at Automag.org is to discuss automags. Which again, there is nothing wrong with, but you don't really have the whole spectrum of paintball marker discussions.

I post here becuase i love it here, not because i want to discuss automags. its true that this is THE best forum for automags, but we have a Paintball Talk forum here, which is to talk about any paintball, any kind of marker. NOT JUST MAGS. anyone who registers can post in it, if it pertains to paintball. it doesnt have to pertain to mags to be there. just because we dont have individual marker forums, doesnt mean that an AO member doesnt have one, or has owned one in the past. we also have a Angel forum..last time i checked, thats not about mags now is it ;)

sneakyhacker420
11-11-2003, 10:36 PM
AO :D

Caleb
11-11-2003, 10:40 PM

I post here becuase i love it here, not because i want to discuss automags. its true that this is THE best forum for automags, but we have a Paintball Talk forum here, which is to talk about any paintball, any kind of marker. NOT JUST MAGS. anyone who registers can post in it, if it pertains to paintball. it doesnt have to pertain to mags to be there. just because we dont have individual marker forums, doesnt mean that an AO member doesnt have one, or has owned one in the past.

Very true. But my point is that there is MORE discussion of other paintball markers at PBReview than here at Automags. Yes, it is true that you can discuss other markers here and that's great. I suppose it all really boils down to what forum floats your boat. ;)

we also have a Angel forum

I wasn't aware of that... cool.

Anyhow... I'm off to bed now...

pbcustom98
11-11-2003, 10:42 PM
But my point is that there is MORE discussion of other paintball markers at PBReview than here at Automags.

actually there is more flaming then any forms of discussion ;)

Caleb
11-11-2003, 10:45 PM

actually there is more flaming then any forms of discussion ;)

Ah, well all forums has flames. I have seen some real great discussions on PBReview.

Anyhow, of course the guys who post at AO will say that AO is better. If we made this thread at PBR most would say PBR as well. Once again, all matter of taste. It's nice that we can have a couple of forums to choose from.

pbcustom98
11-11-2003, 10:48 PM

Ah, well all forums has flames. I have seen some real great discussions on PBReview.

Anyhow, of course the guys who post at AO will say that AO is better. If we made this thread at PBR most would say PBR as well. Once again, all matter of taste. It's nice that we can have a couple of forums to choose from.

whatever creams your twinkie ;)

Caleb
11-11-2003, 10:52 PM

whatever creams your twinkie ;)

I suppose. :p

No sense in getting in a big arguement over it.

Off to bed for real now... heh heh.

ERut
11-11-2003, 11:01 PM
The AGD forums at PBR are excellent. Probably the best outside of AO, but who can compete when Tom Kaye himself posts here?

pbcustom98
11-11-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by ERut
The AGD forums at PBR are excellent. Probably the best outside of AO, but who can compete when Tom Kaye himself posts here?

The answer you seek, is no one.

luke
11-12-2003, 08:59 AM

But my point is that there is MORE discussion of O T H E R paintball markers at PBReview than here at A U T O M A G S .

hummmmm, I wonder why? :(

swat150
11-12-2003, 09:46 AM
Lol I wonder if we should move this thread to PBR, its becoming a little warm.

FooTemps
11-12-2003, 10:38 AM
lol...

Caleb, I still say pbr is full of chicken wimps since no one showed at our challenge last year.

Caleb
11-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by luke

hummmmm, I wonder why? :(

Because the members are more diverse...

Footemps- Challenge? What challenge? I wasn't aware there was a challenge.

cphilip
11-12-2003, 11:42 AM

I don't agree thats the case. I think with your very limited experience here you conclude that erroneously. And of course we both are biased from our perspective points of reference. But really now I think you need to spend more time here before you go and conclude that sort of thing. It being the center point of you entire argument and all it would seem more appropriate to argue that if you HAD some knowlege and credentials to back it up.

I personaly have owned A few Spyders and clones thereof and loved tinkering with them and I own a Cocker as well. Thats typical of MOST of the members of this Forum. Counter to what you are claiming.

However this is the only place you can go were you can expect the Mag myths to be dispelled. Not so many other places. If you want facts without flamming come here. If you already made up your mind to believe the rumors and myths then this is not the place for you to come.

luke
11-12-2003, 02:06 PM

What you seem to NOT get is, this IS an AUTOMAG forum. The majority of people prefer mags, but to say that is a stretch.

:rolleyes:

UTLadiesMan
11-12-2003, 02:14 PM
What challenge? I never heard anything about this. I'm willing to bet 99.9% of our members didn't either. Also... hosting it in WA? Pick some place more central that more than 20 people could go to. Yeah... congrats on your win there... good job...

Also, discussing this here is pointless. You don't go to a Bush fundraiser and ask for opinions on Kerry. You aren't going to get very fair answers at all. I usually close these threads when they come by me at PBR. It's just asinine to discuss this anywhere on the internet, and especially so at one of the sites in question. In fact, I already closed the thread refrencing this one at PBR. About a month ago, I did leave up a poll asking everyone their favorite forums. What do you think happened? PBR won in a landslide. Gee, couldn't see that one coming.

Yes, PBR is larger than we were two years ago and now has all the normal problems of a larger site. We're trying our best to keep these as minimal as possible, but one thing is for sure. We've lost the 'close knit community'. It's gone, and is never coming back. It happens, it's a shame, but it can't be stopped. It'll happen here one day too. Sorry.

**EDIT - Yeah, so I did a search on PBR for 'ao AND challenge' then 'ao AND wa' then 'ao AND washington'. I came up with two trading threads (a guy selling his mag) and one thread about fake reviews. Then I did a search on here for 'pbr AND challenge' then 'pbr AND wa' then 'pbr AND washington'. I got this thread and one trading thread.

UTLadiesMan
11-12-2003, 02:50 PM
i got banned and i never got any kind of reason. and i got warned by 3 DIFFERENT mods about the same thing. obviously the mod staff there is running on fumes.

You got banned for threatening the mod staff. You were IP banned after we removed your THIRD account.

cphilip
11-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Good enough reason to ban him I would say! funny how that is isn't it?

LOL

Well heck why not a challenge at SC AO meet? We love to have you guys come down.

Check my signature link for details. You would be more than welcome.

amazing_spyderman
11-12-2003, 03:13 PM
easy for you to challenge someone to a match when practically nobody can show up. the closest pbr mod i know of is caleb, who lives in florida. there's no way i can afford to go down to sc and show you what's what. pay for my plane ticket and conisder your challenge accepted :P

UTLadiesMan
11-12-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by amazing_spyderman
easy for you to challenge someone to a match when practically nobody can show up. the closest pbr mod i know of is caleb, who lives in florida. there's no way i can afford to go down to sc and show you what's what. pay for my plane ticket and conisder your challenge accepted :P

Haha. Yes, pay for our plane tickets. :P

I would challenge Havoc and Capo... but they always mop the floor with me. :P

Caleb
11-12-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by luke

What you seem to NOT get is, this IS an AUTOMAG forum. The majority of people prefer mags, but to say that is a stretch.

That's my exact point. Your just giving me more argueing power. Here are Automags there is much more discussion of Automags than any other markers. At PBReview there is discussion of many different markers. Period. That's my point.

If my main marker was a Automag I would probably come visit this forum more often. It is a great forum for people who own automags (and some who don't).

Note- SC Village is still far to far away for me to get to. And skills don't determine which is the better forum. Not that I'm saying we couldn't beat you though. ;) :cool:

Vengeance
11-12-2003, 04:53 PM
Are you serious?

You guys actually sink down to the level of arguing over which internet site is better than the other? This is by far the most ridculous thing I have ever seen on this respectable website, and the worst thing is that the moderators are enforcing the fact that AO is far superior. My opinion of this site has certainly changed, and unless someone of respectable stature admits the dimwittedness of this totally uncalled for argument, it will stay that way.

I am not willing to tell whcih site I think is the best, because there is no "best." Please people, as long as paintball is involved, I'm there.

Pbnation: Chowda
Pbreview: Blue Baller
AO: (duh)

Peace.

Ice
11-12-2003, 04:58 PM
I like both forums, they all have their highs and lows.

AO is a great site, and a lot of knowledgable people. A nice trade forum as well ;) I'm starting to visit here more (that could be because I'm looking into a mag :D ) as it is a different view point, as most of the members here seem to be more of an Adult, so to speak. However, the reason I like pbr is the lay-out. Not all members share some type of opinion. (this is to say, if you own a mag or not, odds are you have to like 'um to visit automags.org). You can visit pbr and get a wide view of opinions. And, you can go to a specific forum. Looking into a barrel? Go to the barrel forum. Timmy?, Bob long forum. Mag? AGD forum. Looking for a good local field? Hit either the field reviews, or the regional forums. We, or Andrew, has a good layout at pbr IMO. And, unlike pbn, the forum isn't huge. I can't stand to go to a forum that's so big you can hardly find your thread 2 hours later.

In short, both forums have their strongs, and I like each one. However, since I feel there is a little more diversity over at pbr (even if it's just the lay-out) I like pbr a little more. This would explain why I've kept with pbr all this time, and now moderate it as well. But I've also come here on a few occasions. So I like both. :p

cphilip
11-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Vengeance
Are you serious?

You guys actually sink down to the level of arguing over which internet site is better than the other? This is by far the most ridculous thing I have ever seen on this respectable website, and the worst thing is that the moderators are enforcing the fact that AO is far superior. My opinion of this site has certainly changed, and unless someone of respectable stature admits the dimwittedness of this totally uncalled for argument, it will stay that way.

I am not willing to tell whcih site I think is the best, because there is no "best." Please people, as long as paintball is involved, I'm there.

Pbnation: Chowda
Pbreview: Blue Baller
AO: (duh)

Peace.

"You guys" as in you? Seems someone needs to take a look in the mirror. What site you posting on? ;)

I ain't "enforcing" anything. I stating it as a plain and simple fact thats what I think. Period. And I not arguing that fact...You guys came here to do that it now appears. Musta struck a nerve... Not me going anywhere to proclaim it or argue it! In fact the only one arguing is the few of you. We not could care less about this particular matter. We have always gotten along real well in all the other forums. Most of us are members of a lot of them. Now its appearent to me that the member here that started this was someone who had an axe to grind with you. I think that speaks volumes for his credibility. But most of the first of this you didn't even attack that! You just generalized about AO! Rather than point out he was a troublemaker you allowed it to carry over here! Who's to blame there? Its not doing any good pointing fingers at me. Look back at your first responses to this. YOU PROCLAIMED SUPERIORITY ON OUR SITE! Geeze... thats a numnutze thing to do isn't it? You kinda crazy trying to take the moral high road now. I not buyin it!

And of course then I invite you folks very nicely (as I have PBN and AOG and many other online comunities in the past) and you go all ape crap on me like it was some sort sneeky thing to make it difficult on you or something. DO NOT FLATTER YOURSELF!You think I did it all with YOU in mind and personaly located it so you couldn't make it or something? Where in the heck do you even come off with that whole sorry conclusion? Some people would surely consider a reply like that to be offesively rude and I sure do. How self centered of you! People are going to now think its fairly typical of your forums I bet now. You realize your attitude here is indicative to many of your forum? Fairly or not. I should think you should start all over there with that holier than thou attitude and let's go back to the start here.

Hey... if you can make it then fine. I could realy care less at this point. Many people are traveling far futher to be there. A testiment to our members here. We would be glad to have you if you want to come. Really we would. Any of you that want to come and represent are more than welcome.

p8ntball1016
11-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by UTLadiesMan

You got banned for threatening the mod staff. You were IP banned after we removed your THIRD account. i dont remember threatening the mod staff. would you please enlighten me?

UTLadiesMan
11-12-2003, 06:01 PM
i dont remember threatening the mod staff. would you please enlighten me?

You told KK that we would pay for warning you.

cphilip - Don't play this 'holier than thou' junk with us. I close every single thread I see insulting any other paintball forum in the places I moderate, for many of the same reasons you just spouted off. It's a courtesy thing to do, and leaves our site cleaner of this filth.

-You kinda crazy trying to take the moral high road now. I not buyin it!-

Me either. If you believed what you said, this thread wouldn't even be here.

Clare
11-12-2003, 06:14 PM
I would challenge Havoc and Capo... but they always mop the floor with me.

woah, wait! If I recall correctly from the last time we played, it wasn't Havoc who mopped the floor with you. :p :D

Aw c'mon, I had to take this shining opportunity!

cphilip
11-12-2003, 06:24 PM
No indeed! thats wrong. Closing every thread that critisizes another site is just plain wrong in its base in so many ways. It's not a good criteria to use. Moderation involves complex thought and consideration. Not some arbitrary decission by one person. Closing a thread that unfairly slanders or is false is a good criteria. But you just said you didn't look that far. Thats just plain lazy is what it is. And its not good moderation. You are acting on a theme that is not good for the general membership if your not willing to go the extra mile and do some research. Its good to listen to complaints. It makes us reflect. It makes us make changes for the better if need be. If your not willing to put the effort in then your a Mod Nazi if you chose to arbitrarily impose such rules. We don't agree with that sort of thing here. Ask Tom how many threads are critical of AGD that are allowed here on AO! EVERY DAY. We allow them. We even allow threads critisizing the Mods! Thats one of the things that MAKES US BETTER! You just have not learned that!

And you came here and immediately attacked "ALL" the Members here by claiming superiority. Not me. I did not do that...you did. That is something a Mod would not do. It's suicide for one thing. You have so far insulted most of my members here without any just cause. You could have come and attacked one of your previous members that is trashing you here...but you chose the lower form.

You as a Mod need to be educated that when your attacked on some other forum and you feel you need to react to that then there is a Gentlemans protocol that is followed. It is to contact an Admin of that particular Forum and discuss it in private with him. But you chose a public attack and a public display of disrespect so you get what you deserve. THATS WHY THIS IS STILL HERE! You chose that path not me. So deal with it.

I, as a Mod here, respect my members and will not close a thread where another sites Mods come here and counter attack ALL of them and act superior. You did that. You shouldn't have! You asked for a dose of bitter medicine so now don't be coming to me and yelling foul. You made the first mistake. And continue to deny it I see. And yet I allow you to continue to step on your own um...well...tounge. Only you can stop that.

I personaly take offense when my members are steriotyped and condemed. I will not tolerate it and I will not aid you in hiding behind that personal attack that SHOULD have never come here if you had chosen to not disrespect my members. When you have experience keeping 16K users in line I listen to you. In the mean time you got a lot of learning to do. So I suggest you quit trying to play the hurt and righteous on this one. The evidence above disproves that. Its not a position you can defend anymore. Your just flat out wrong on how you delt with it and where you delt with it. And who you chose to steriotype in the process.

Again I offer an Olive Branch but if you do not help yourself by looking at your own actions I gonna let you sink. Thats the AO way.

UTLadiesMan
11-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

woah, wait! If I recall correctly from the last time we played, it wasn't Havoc who mopped the floor with you. :p :D

If you weren't there he would have. :)

pbcustom98
11-12-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

take it easy Claire..no reason to back down now! ;)

UTLadiesMan
11-12-2003, 06:35 PM
No indeed! thats wrong. Closing every thread that critisizes another site is just plain wrong in its base in so many ways. It's not a good criteria to use. Moderation involves complex thought and consideration. Not some arbitrary decission by one person. Closing a thread that unfairly slanders or is false is a good criteria. But you just said you didn't look that far. Thats just plain lazy is what it is. And its not good moderation. You are acting on a theme that is not good for the general membership if your not willing to go the extra mile and do some research. Its good to listen to complaints. It makes us reflect. It makes us make changes for the better if need be. If your not willing to put the effort in then your a Mod Nazi if you chose to arbitrarily impose such rules. We don't agree with that sort of thing here. Ask Tom how many threads are critical of AGD that are allowed here on AO! EVERY DAY. We allow them. We even allow threads critisizing the Mods! Thats one of the things that MAKES US BETTER! You just have not learned that!

I never said we don't close threads that criticize us... they're there all the time. I said I close threads that criticize other forums... as they are often unfounded, biased, and the other party can not defend themselves. If they did come to our forums to do that, I would certainly treat them better than this.

But alas! I have seen the error of my ways! Whomever wants to start up an AO hate thread will receive praise from me! I will sticky it! Oh, hope I never fail again!

(and yes... that was sarcastic)

Really, I don't care. It's your forums, you can live by whatever rules you want. You can contradict your values if you want. I don't care. However, where I am the mod, our rules and my values will always be used as my guide. Do I expect you to care? Apparently not. But don't you dare judge me for upholding them.

BTW - I never once spoke ill towards AO. I only pointed out that we never received said "challenge", for the most part we don't care, and that this whole discussion is petty and pointless.

**EDIT - Oh, and for the record... swat150 was never banned from PBR. He has six total posts, one of which was his post refrencing this thread.

cphilip
11-12-2003, 06:48 PM
I think we coming to some common ground then.

Did you notice the part where I suggested you should have contacted me with details as to why the thread was unfounded? And you have not

Did you miss the part where I would have closed it if that were so? And still I have no argument to that effect.

Did you have to come and immediately attack ALL members here as being inferior to yours? And did. And that was what invoked so much animosity?

Did you miss the fact that I have allowed you to argue with me with no reprecussions?

I agree that we could have handled this better. But some of that would have come from you initial actions. That I cannot control.

You need to appologize to my members for generalizing your attitude towords them. And tell me what this particular member did to cause him to try and slander you. Those things would be a start. And I am sure we can come to an agreement that this was unessicary if we had all the facts before it was taken to public forum. You seem like a reasonable fella to me.

And agian I openly invite you to attend our event and come here as often as you like. I got nothing against your forum at all. I just am protective of my own members is all. I should be that way. It's my job.

swat150
11-12-2003, 07:04 PM
OMG PBR closed my thread. Well, I guess dictator ship is practiced omong there.

cphilip
11-12-2003, 07:06 PM
LOL.. even though I know your just being a smart arse... I just will say....You would be suprised how many times I hear that myself here. ;)

UTLadiesMan
11-12-2003, 07:18 PM
I think we coming to some common ground then.

Did you notice the part where I suggested you should have contacted me with details as to why the thread was unfounded? And you have not

Did you miss the part where I would have closed it if that were so? And still I have no argument to that effect.

You said to contact the admin instead of attacking. I still maintain that it is your staff's call to make. Not mine. I still say that if you believed in what you say you do, you would have made the call... however I will not try to force you to. Also, I haven't attacked this site. I said there was no challenge, this arguement was asinine (which is becoming more and more apparent as we continue), told p8ntball1016 why he was banned, joked with Capo, and have disagreed with you. I could understand you saying that I had attacked you personally, but not this site. I do not believe that is evident.

Did you have to come and immediately attack ALL members here as being inferior to yours? And did. And that was what invoked so much animosity?

Again, what now? All I have done is defend and without flaming. Look at your pristine member's quotes on the other hand.

Originally posted by Army
PBReview has it's good points, one of those is the "X" in the top right corner:D:D:D:D:D
Besides, AO should make it their duty to join all these "other" sites, get into the Automag forums, and make sure 'Mag truth is maintained....and to direct people here:)

Sounds like someone thinks they're superior....

Originally posted by spydervenom
let x represent anything

x>pbr
ao>x
therefore(imagine a triangle of dots)
ao>pbr

no, PBR sucks.

Then there's FooTemps who thinks we suck because we didn't respond to a challenge apparently made in invisible ink. (not that we would have anyway, I can't speak for our members)

lol, pbr is full of chicken-wimps... They chickened out on our challenge for the AO-WA meet last year... I would post a file on here but it's a bit harsh towards pbr, and I have no clue where to host it...

lol...

Caleb, I still say pbr is full of chicken wimps since no one showed at our challenge last year.

Yet another member who is feeling superior...

Did you miss the fact that I have allowed you to argue with me with no reprecussions?

We could at PBR as well. Our members openly disagree with us often. It's not until they become a disruption or threaten us do they receive discipline.

I agree that we could have handled this better. But some of that would have come from you initial actions. That I cannot control.

Yes we could have... yet I still maintain I have said nothing wrong.

You need to appologize to my members for generalizing your attitude towords them. And tell me what this particular member did to cause him to try and slander you. Those things would be a start. And I am sure we can come to an agreement that this was unessicary if we had all the facts before it was taken to public forum. You seem like a reasonable fella to me.

I try to be. As far as swat150... I have no idea what we've done. Likely nothing, as re-reading his posts, this may have been completely inadvertant. As far as gereralizing my attitudes, I have not. I can take constructive criticizism with the best of them. It's unfounded bias and insults that I can not stand.

And agian I openly invite you to attend our event and come here as often as you like. I got nothing against your forum at all. I just am protective of my own members is all. I should be that way. It's my job.

I can admire that. As far as being here... I've been here for quite some time, and have read many good threads on here in the past. I don't reply often as I have little online forum time anymore. (I'm sure you can appreciate why) Also, I've been to... I think 4? AO events here in Texas. Which is all I can normally get to. Usually the best days of paintball I get.

Anyway, I have to get to a Physics test. Back in 3 hours.

cphilip
11-12-2003, 07:28 PM
I could not have known you would even come here and say the things you did before the fact. Nor even know who you are. Your introduction was only in the middle of it. So I can hardly be expected to contact you about it. I DIDN'T know!

So yea indeed telling my members they are patently narrow minded just because they love to interact on AO is indee flat out wrong. No one here made that accusation towords you site. The only thing I see is the accusation that you allow too much flamming and such. I don't care to even judge that. You can defend that part but so far you chose to just attack not defend. And you chose to do it in public. I still not recieved any private messages or emails from you about ANYTHING. And since you are the only one that knows your coming here or that your going to respond here then its YOUR reponsibility to do the contacting. Not mine.

But yea we cool. I realy would love for some of you guys to make it out there. You can even put up your own banner and form your own teams if you like. That could be great fun!

swat150
11-12-2003, 07:30 PM
Hey Cphilip, Should I delete this thread. Im sorry if i caused some problems. I will delete it on your command.

LONG LIVE AO

cphilip
11-12-2003, 07:39 PM
Well no I would not ask you to do that. But I want you to reflect on why it is you wanted to start it. But in the end we making some good new friends here I think. I kinda like these guys so far! :D They good people I think. You might not have done the right things but they here to socailize and we getting to know them. And in the end thats good. So it might just turn out alright afterall! I always assume it will.

swat150
11-12-2003, 07:43 PM
Lol, Great. It always turns out great.

cphilip
11-12-2003, 07:54 PM
It will. I got the impression these guys realy care. And the problem is we do too. So when butting heads we all see things from our prespective. I am certain they wish it was different. We all into paintball. And should be supportive of each other. I think we are the best. I will never say otherwise. And they take the same stance. So we gonna dissagree on that but we still going to find some common ground and exist and HOPEFULLY we gonna support each other in the future. Interact and respect each other. Thats the thing we all are going to work towords here. And this thread will hopefully do that. And sometimes you gotta let things play out for that to happen. Deleting or closing is the easy way out. Sometimes its best to do the long hard mile and let everyone have their say. It puts closure to it all. And eliminates the possibility that it will crop up again. Sometimes people do not realize that at first and wonder why its allowed to go on. But thats the long term goal that is being pursued. Its a hope. Never a certainty.

p8ntball1016
11-12-2003, 08:11 PM

REPRESENTIN!

In My Opinion... PBReview is better. coming from someone who lures people into his van with cookies, it has no validity.:D

cphilip
11-12-2003, 08:16 PM
Hey now!

I been known to use Candy myself so thats no criteria! :D

Oh and Caleb is a fine name. My kids name is Caleb.

p8ntball1016
11-12-2003, 08:45 PM
candy. you cheap turd.

cphilip
11-12-2003, 08:48 PM
hehe... yea... :cool:

UTLadiesMan
11-12-2003, 09:21 PM
Notice I didn't include any quotes about us having newbie members or being in a perpetual flame fest. Those are opinions I would consider founded... they at least tried to say what's wrong. (and in some degree, I agree with them)

However, there is a definite fine line between "I dislike PBR because it has too many newbie members and flaming" and "no, PBR sucks."

Also... I still don't know what I did that "attacked" your site. With the exception of some of the stuff I have said directly to you, I do not think anything I've said could be construed as beyond the line.

Caleb
11-12-2003, 09:27 PM
coming from someone who lures people into his van with cookies, it has no validity.:D

No, see that is where there is fault.

1. I do not lure kids to me van. They come willingly.
2. I do not give the people the cookies. They give me them.

:p

Bottomline. There is no reason to go into a pissy fit over this. Both forums are great. PBReview is excellent. AO is excellent. I will admit both. However, I choose to use PBReview. You may choose to use AO. That is your choice and it's great that we have that freedom. There is no reason to get in an arguement over something so petty.

"MY DAD COULD BEAT UP YOUR DAD!"
"MY DAD IS COOLER THAN YOU DAD!"

Heh heh. ;)

Oh and 1016... I'm pretty sure you threatened me. You hurt my feelings too. :( ;)

UTLadiesMan
11-12-2003, 09:31 PM
As long as we can all agree that PBN sucks!

A joke! Really!

p8ntball1016
11-12-2003, 09:36 PM

No, see that is where there is fault.

1. I do not lure kids to me van. They come willingly.
2. I do not give the people the cookies. They give me them.

:p

Bottomline. There is no reason to go into a pissy fit over this. Both forums are great. PBReview is excellent. AO is excellent. I will admit both. However, I choose to use PBReview. You may choose to use AO. That is your choice and it's great that we have that freedom. There is no reason to get in an arguement over something so petty.

"MY DAD COULD BEAT UP YOUR DAD!"
"MY DAD IS COOLER THAN YOU DAD!"

Heh heh. ;)

Oh and 1016... I'm pretty sure you threatened me. You hurt my feelings too. :( ;)

ill show you a threat!:p

they were still having halb problems a couple of months ago.

Caleb
11-12-2003, 09:36 PM

Are you sure? :D :laughs:

Meh... stuck on vbcode.

1016. Don't hurt me. :(

Hey... you want a cookie? From my van? ;)

cphilip
11-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Hahahaha.... well PBN... yea well it really does serve its purpose. And one of its best Moderators is a regular here on this site. Nerobro. He a good dude. They just do not support the Mods very well over there it seems. I go over there myself from time to time.

I realize the growing pains of a new site are tremendous. And all the misfits seek you out at first and you gotta weed through them all. And we get inundations of them still here ourselves. I realize you didn't mean to offend now that you were willing to discuss it some more. Its becoming apparent to me that is the case. But I did see it that way in the begining.

And so lets just go ahead and agree to disagree on this inital introduction and move forward to a better cooperation. So if thats acceptable we will end it there.

Still though you guys that live close to South Carolina come on over and we have some fun. Seriously. Make sure you look me up and we have a beer or something.

p8ntball1016
11-12-2003, 09:39 PM
a funny treat for pbr members. ill put it up on pbr tomorrow. get captain jack(magnus) over here. i found a pic of him.
http://scarbelowthesleeve.com/xxx/jessbio.jpg
funny lookin aint he?

Caleb
11-12-2003, 09:42 PM
a funny treat for pbr members. ill put it up on pbr tomorrow. get captain jack(magnus) over here. i found a pic of him.
http://scarbelowthesleeve.com/xxx/jessbio.jpg

There is a better picture of maggy that I have where he looks like Jack. The resemblence is scary.

Your going to put it on PBR tomorrow... how...?

Edit- Funny looking? No... sexy. ;)

UTLadiesMan
11-12-2003, 09:42 PM
We should do a mass hook up at like Skyball or WorldCup or something. I've never been to any big tournies, but I've always wanted to. Each mod staff puts together a team, and we'll see who gets creamed the fastest. :p

Then of course, we can have a drinking contest afterwards! Gotta win something while I'm there. :D

Caleb
11-12-2003, 09:44 PM
We should do a mass hook up at like Skyball or WorldCup or something. I've never been to any big tournies, but I've always wanted to. Each mod staff puts together a team, and we'll see who gets creamed the fastest. :p

Yea, Bourne and I were discussing that. I think it'd be pretty awesome. I was the only moderator to make it World Cup (Orlando) though...

p8ntball1016
11-12-2003, 09:45 PM

There is a better picture of maggy that I have where he looks like Jack. The resemblence is scary.

Your going to put it on PBR tomorrow... how...?

Edit- Funny looking? No... sexy. ;) im going to post it. tomorrow. with my pbr account. youll see. and sexy? yeah if your completely stoned.

cphilip
11-12-2003, 09:45 PM
OK DONE! Your on! WC next year is good for me. But I sure we can get a team up for any major event though.

NOTE: I reserve the right to elevate some people to Mod status right before the event. Cause I am old and slow. :D

UTLadiesMan
11-12-2003, 09:46 PM

Yea, Bourne and I were discussing that. I think it'd be pretty awesome. I was the only moderator to make it World Cup (Orlando) though...

Because you live there!

Side note... we are waaaaay off topic now. Good thing this isn't over at PBR, or I'd have to close it. ;)

UTLadiesMan
11-12-2003, 09:47 PM
OK DONE! Your on! WC next year is good for me. But I sure we can get a team up for any major event though.

NOTE: I reserve the right to elevate some people to Mod status right before the event. Cause I am old and slow. :D

OK then... but then we get to have the drinking contest before the game. :D

UTLadiesMan
11-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Side note... we should get World Cup to pay for an X-ball drinking game exhibition, mod style.

Everytime your team scores, everyone alive takes a shot. (To prevent people from shooting team mates before hangings, every suicide or TK and you take a shot.)

Caleb
11-12-2003, 09:51 PM
im going to post it. tomorrow. with my pbr account. youll see. and sexy? yeah if your completely stoned.

I thought you were banned... :rolleyes:

cphilip- That'd be pretty cool. Problem is we have no moderators even remotely close to Florida except me. Maybe we could do a 10 man with normal members included. We'd also have to figure out how to get a field...

It'd be pretty fun though. :cool:

p8ntball1016
11-12-2003, 09:54 PM
i reregistered. but youll ban me again.

Caleb
11-12-2003, 09:56 PM
i reregistered. but youll ban me again.

cphilip
11-12-2003, 09:57 PM
We don't have any down there either. So a member on member things sounds more workable. We can do that. Lets keep in touch about that as these events come around and see what can happen. I know we got some people going down to Mardi Gras too. And then always a good group at Pittsburg for IAO. So any of those would be great times to do some internet interplay. Hey I like the sound of that. And of course some partying too.

p8ntball1016
11-12-2003, 09:59 PM

:rolleyes: ok you post it. im having problems with my ip blocky thingy. it wont keep me logged in.

Caleb
11-12-2003, 10:00 PM
We don't have any down there either. So a member on member things sounds more workable. We can do that. Lets keep in touch about that as these events come around and see what can happen. I know we got some people going down to Mardi Gras too. And then always a good group at Pittsburg for IAO. So any of those would be great times to do some internet interplay. Hey I like the sound of that. And of course some partying too.

Defiantly! I'll see what I can do for next year at Orlando.

We could kind of have a little Xball thing going. Mardi Grass, Pittsburg, Orlando. Best out of three. :)

I dunno if we have any moderators around there though... I'll have to check.

1016- That's the whole point. It's not suppose to work for you. Heh heh.

p8ntball1016
11-12-2003, 10:06 PM
caleb, post that magnus capt. jack pic.

cphilip
11-12-2003, 10:07 PM
Sounds good Caleb. We don't always have that many mods at all those events. Usually two or three though. But we got plenty of members to fill out a team. So lets hook it up and do it when those come around. Be great fun I think. Braggin rights and all.

Caleb
11-12-2003, 10:07 PM
caleb, post that magnus capt. jack pic.

I'll post the one you have, but not the one I have.

Great. Keep in touch with me. I can be contacted at PBReview under the name Calebd2 or emailed at Calebd2@aol.com

swat150
11-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Ok so now theres going to be a scrim between AO and PBR. down in florda someware?

Vengeance
11-13-2003, 03:57 PM

"You guys" as in you? Seems someone needs to take a look in the mirror. What site you posting on? ;)

I ain't "enforcing" anything. I stating it as a plain and simple fact thats what I think. Period. And I not arguing that fact...You guys came here to do that it now appears. Musta struck a nerve... Not me going anywhere to proclaim it or argue it! In fact the only one arguing is the few of you. We not could care less about this particular matter. We have always gotten along real well in all the other forums. Most of us are members of a lot of them. Now its appearent to me that the member here that started this was someone who had an axe to grind with you. I think that speaks volumes for his credibility. But most of the first of this you didn't even attack that! You just generalized about AO! Rather than point out he was a troublemaker you allowed it to carry over here! Who's to blame there? Its not doing any good pointing fingers at me. Look back at your first responses to this. YOU PROCLAIMED SUPERIORITY ON OUR SITE! Geeze... thats a numnutze thing to do isn't it? You kinda crazy trying to take the moral high road now. I not buyin it!

And of course then I invite you folks very nicely (as I have PBN and AOG and many other online comunities in the past) and you go all ape crap on me like it was some sort sneeky thing to make it difficult on you or something. DO NOT FLATTER YOURSELF!You think I did it all with YOU in mind and personaly located it so you couldn't make it or something? Where in the heck do you even come off with that whole sorry conclusion? Some people would surely consider a reply like that to be offesively rude and I sure do. How self centered of you! People are going to now think its fairly typical of your forums I bet now. You realize your attitude here is indicative to many of your forum? Fairly or not. I should think you should start all over there with that holier than thou attitude and let's go back to the start here.

Hey... if you can make it then fine. I could realy care less at this point. Many people are traveling far futher to be there. A testiment to our members here. We would be glad to have you if you want to come. Really we would. Any of you that want to come and represent are more than welcome.
Cphillip, do not even begin to call me self centered when you assume that the member "caleb" was banned before even knowing he was a mod. That shows what you think of people at pbr without even knowing them. It's nothing more than a preconceived notion without prior justification.

Before you tell me to drop that holier than thou aittitude, look at yourself.

That's all the more I want to argue on this topic.

cphilip
11-13-2003, 04:13 PM
Gee.... no one was even talking to you!

... and its fairly obvious you skip read the whole thread! . And I guess that does make you a holier than thou person cause you think its all about you....

Keep up boy. I not got time to go back and reschool ya if you not got time to read it all.

For one thing you got it all wrong. It was not Caleb I even refered too. I was referring to the author of this post! You again seem to have read what parts you wanted to and linked em together all FREAKIN WRONG!!!!

We had put all that to rest if you had of bothered to read any of it. That certainly proves some of the points I previously made doesn't it?

xadamx
11-13-2003, 04:15 PM
dun dun dun!! and the battle of the mods continues!!!! :O

cphilip
11-13-2003, 04:25 PM
Its not battle...

I done with that nonsense and that just told me all I need to know.

Someone over there is not paying attention and I got no time for that kind of rediculous behavior.

Closed and will not revisit that issue again.