Wes Janson
11-11-2003, 05:20 PM
Me.

Lee
11-11-2003, 08:38 PM
me with a group of approx 10 people.

rikkter
11-22-2003, 11:18 AM
uhmm, theres a couple grand finales, but Wayne's is the only place i know of that calls it that.
so i assume this is what you're talking about.

however, i live in southflorida, i'm going to texas for MXS's last game in December.

i'm kind of sick of Wayne for a bit. last time i went, there was just too many things wrong, that could of easily been fixed.

Furby
11-22-2003, 03:15 PM
I'll be in california for Ben Toricelli's "Last Blast West"...

cabldawg
11-23-2003, 02:06 PM
I live in Cal but I'll be going to the MXS game in TX

Skeeter
11-28-2003, 06:51 PM
It looks like SC Roadkill will be attending this event. For the old timers out there, we had a run of about 7-8 MVT awards back in the mid '90's, and just got another MVT during the "Egyptian Conundrum" in September of this year. For scenarios, we are probably 80% Mag shooters and we are 100% mission oriented. Look for us in camp site 64-67 (IIRC) next weekend. We are the guys with the serious BAR on Friday night. With any luck, our blender will last and the generator will put out enough amperage to mix more than 3-4 batches of Margaritas this time.

TAG
12-04-2003, 01:32 PM
We are going with our full tech staff, tents, music and the works.

If everything works as planned we will have our World famous TAG Olympics ;)

Yup....as always free warranty service for all Angel users and a nice place to hang out for everyone ;)

Cya there

Cyberious
12-04-2003, 03:59 PM
I may be there on Saturday to help out at the AGD tent. May also get TAG to work on the wife's Dark Angel.

Wes Janson
12-08-2003, 10:50 PM
Thanks to all you guys at the AGD tent for helping me with my mag. I think it might've dropped down another size in the carrier again, because I started to have some minor leaks out the velocity adjustment hole (and, when I put my finger against that, out anywhere else in the valve). Or is there some other reason for it? Either way, the air efficiency went up quite a bit, and the level 10 was obviously working even with that terrible paint. One of the guys in the tent next to me suddenly became unable to use his cocker because literally every other ball was being chopped in the bolt when he tried to get past 3-4 bps. Even my dad's A5 was breaking balls all day long, but I didn't have so much as a single one caught in the barrel. I suspect, however, that the double feed issues I was having was from the lvl10's antichop feature. I could be completely wrong here (I'm dead tired), but I wonder if maybe the doublefeeds were a result of an avoided chop each time by the lvl10. Definitely preferable to cleaning out the barrel every thirty seconds. The lvl 10 guns out there were probably the only ones not breaking balls yesterday ;) Anyways, thanks guys!

Lee
12-08-2003, 11:21 PM
the double feeds could be a result of the inconsitent paint size or your nubbin may not be preventing double feeds.

also, it got pretty cold and things tend to shrink when they chill down.

air out the back can be from a bad o-ring on the reg piston. if it stopped blowing when the carrier was changed, don't worry about it. it meant that you had to crank up the pressure to get the level 10 to work right.

the paint did suck didn't it? i found one that had a hole in it, no fill, and was all dented. fortunately i was re-filling at camp in daylight when i saw it. fully half of my paint was either dimpled or out of round.

which side were you on? i was blue.

Wes Janson
12-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Red. :D Hehehe. Yeah, the paint sucked even worse than before. One poor guy on your side (not sure if he was part of team Godspeed or not) had a cocker he was using. Had no issues with it saturday, but with sunday, if he tried to go past maybe 3-5 bps, literally every shot would break. The only problem seemed to be the paint. It was as though it simply was sticking together as it fed, or else was sticking to the feed, and dropping too slowly. My dad found one bag of paint inwhich a ball had popped, and so wound up spending time cleaning them all off and removing the contaiminated ones. Some balls were actually merged together, and if you tried to seperate them the fill would spill out. I had absolutely no breaking issues, though..the level 10 worked like a dream. I still suspect the doublefeeding was just the result of the level 10 working properly, although a nubbin change may be in order as well. Inconsistant paint size was obviously as issue as well ;\ As far as leaks through the valve, I really don't know. An o-ring probably wouldn't hurt, nor would trying out a different carrier. And my velocity was probably a bit low as well. I recall hearing somewhere that only a slight turn of the adjuster is necessary to go up/down considerably, but that didn't seem to be true for mine. I'm still far too new to mags to understand them well enough to say. What I really need is to have someone experienced from AO or elsewhere, try out my gun and see how it runs for them. Any word on Snooker's meetup, btw?

Lee
12-13-2003, 04:24 PM
if you have to turn the velocity adjuster more than a little to adjust velocity, then a new reg piston o-ring is in order. can't hurt anyway.

when was the last time you cleaned the whole valve?

no word on snooker yet. no special trips for me until after the new year or at least after christmas.

how close do you live to spring hill? showdown is on 41 about 20 minutes north of land o lakes. nice place. theduelist and his crew go there regularly and punx is new to the area and looking to meet up. i should be able to bring one or two of my crew with me for that.

www.showdownpaintball.com

my homefield: www.paintballexperience.com (lakeland)

Wes Janson
12-13-2003, 04:33 PM
By whole valve, how much do you mean? Both my dad and I are unsure of how to open up the valve itself, beyond removing the bolt and switching carriers. As far as that, it's pretty clean. But a new o-ring is probably a good idea, I live down near the Outlet Mall, about 10 minutes from Hi-Tech, 30 from Brandon. Generally I wind up playing at Hi-Tech, and it's where I usually go for some weekend fun.

Lee
12-13-2003, 06:55 PM
unscrwew the reg, pull out the reg piston, on/off assembly etc. whole valve breakdown and cleaning. if you pyull the reg piston, make sure you have some good grease to re-grease it with.

where is hi tech? website?