PDA

View Full Version : I Tunes??

PyRo
11-11-2003, 02:05 PM
Occasionally on the side with the playlists somthing pops up like Johns Music, and I can play these files. Where do these come from, why are they only there occasionally, is there any way to get the files onto my computer? Is this illigle sharing of files, if it is am I illiglelly shareing my files?

Eric Cartman
11-11-2003, 03:24 PM
Don't quote me on this, but the way I understand it is that you can see and hear (but not copy or burn) tunes that are on other users machines. A guy here at work has it and says that he has access to all of the other users' (here at work) libraries, but only to listen. Sounds like that's what's going on with you maybe...

AMessy
11-11-2003, 06:58 PM
Pretty much what Cartman said, you are seeing someone who is shareing their playlist with you. It only works over local networks, for up to 5 ppl i think. There is a sharing options menu under the preferences menu. On a mac its ITunes/preferences/shareing...on a pc i have no clue how you turn it on off.

-Messenger

PyRo
11-11-2003, 08:00 PM
I guess I can get music from anyone on my college network using I tunes, thats pretty cool. I tunes says that you cannot download it though, just listen :(.

Eric Cartman
11-11-2003, 10:46 PM
I tunes says that you cannot download it though, just listen . Well if downloading was available you'd be
illiglelly shareing my files

gamarada717
11-11-2003, 10:51 PM
Who really cares if it's illegal....band's now day's put out crappy music anyway

PyRo
11-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Because if its illigle rob will come close this thread. I'm guessing its probably not, so imma go unshare my files because my school kicks you off the network if you get caght :(