PDA

View Full Version : Z-grip and Y-grip... whats the deal?

Dbl_Edge
11-11-2003, 02:46 PM
Hey everybody, I'm new to the magical world or Automags and have something that I would really like clarified. Mainly, What is the difference between the z-grip and the new y-grip (degree, trigger pull/feel, possible ROF, etc.)?

Also, this is my first day as a Member of AO! I have been visiting for a while (3 months now) and finally made my own s/n... I'm a bit of a procrastinator (oops). Yeah, baby, it'S on now! Haha... So anyways, just thought I'd say 'hi' for the first time.

Hi

Grasshopper
11-11-2003, 02:53 PM
First off, welcome to AO!

The main difference between the Z-Grip an the Y-Grip is the angle. The Z is angled very far forward, a bit too much for most peoples likings. The Y-Grip is the newer version, and the trigger pull is much more like the I-frame. The angle is angled forward still, but nowhere near as much as the Z.

Dbl_Edge
11-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Is it still possible to have a foregrip with the y grip (without the use of a foregrip extendender)?

and to the welcoming... I wouldn't be at home anywhere else on the web. great place here.

Sam"techy"6
11-11-2003, 03:11 PM
Yes,it is possible with the y-grip, but not with z-grip.

P.S. I am new too.

billmi
11-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Grasshopper

The main difference between the Z-Grip an the Y-Grip is the angry.

Yep. 3 times now mine has lost its temper at me on the field. Presently, I have it in an anger management class to see if that helps.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

ICOM
11-11-2003, 03:25 PM
Welcome to ao bud. Well the Zgrip has a big angle which i believe was meant to put the pressure on your palm of the hand rather then your fingers kinda. Also they arent made no more so have to look around for them used.

The Ygrip is not angled as big as the zgrip. Very much like the iframe but with a angle. Some like,some dont. Its all up to you.

AGD
11-11-2003, 03:51 PM
Edited the post for correct anger managment.

Welcome to AO!!

AGD

cphilip
11-11-2003, 03:56 PM
Welcome to AO Dbl_edge

DWOOD
11-11-2003, 03:56 PM
hold a 45 grip backwods and that a y-grip. dont put your thumb in the trigger when you hold it backwords it is uncomfortable and thats not what the y-grip is. you can intellifeed the y-grip as well.

i got a question to. does anyone know if a CP lighting drop will fit with the y-grip and no foregrip extender. (i am still waiting for my y-grip so i dont know)

FragTek
11-11-2003, 04:01 PM
Welcome to AO Dbl_Edge!

As people have already stated the main difference is the angle at which the 2 frames sit.

The Z-Grip I believed was one of the coolest things that AGD ever created. I got to shoot a friends with a Z-Grip and it took me a while to get used to how to hold it and make it sit comfortably. Once you have the feel for it, OMFG, ubelievable!

The Y-Grip has a very good feel as well, but IMHO nothing compares to a Z.

judster
11-11-2003, 04:36 PM
ive shot a zgrip on my mag for almost 2 years...i love it...it does take some getting used to but once you master it you can rip till theres no tomorrow. you can put a forgrip on it if you use a rail extender and dremel it a little. i wouldnt trade anything for it. however i have never shot the ygrip so i can really comapre the two.

ka-mag68
11-11-2003, 05:14 PM
Hey:

Welcome to AO Dbl_Edge. I have used both a y-grip and a z-grip. I prefer my z-grip over my y-grip, but I think that is because I used it first and got used to it. I have noticed though, more people like the y-grip then the z-grip the angle isnt as extreme. I can also achieve a higher rate of fire with my z-grip.

You can actually use a foregrip without an extender for either the y-grip or the z-grip if you use a RogueRail (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107239), but with a standard rail you have to have an extender for the z-grip.

Hope that answered everything for you bud.

xadamx
11-11-2003, 08:39 PM
Welcome to your newest addiction. Wahahaha. Watch out for Pyro, he'll whore your butt! ;)

ERut
11-11-2003, 11:18 PM
Also, the y-grip trigger goes straight down, but the one on the z was angled with the frame. Welcome to AO, brah.

Dbl_Edge
11-12-2003, 10:36 AM
wow, thanks for all of yall's help--- really think that's cool, way more than I have ever gotten on any of the other forums.

Somebody said something about intellifeeding the y-grip? is that possible with the z-grip?

judster
11-12-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Dbl_Edge

Somebody said something about intellifeeding the y-grip? is that possible with the z-grip?
ive been wondering that as well. but fron the looks of the grip it would either be rather hard or not doable...im sure one of these other guys can answer better than i, and if it can be done i would like to know how as well...

ClassicMagger
11-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Intellifeeding a z-grip can be done. I will try and find the thread in Workshop later.

RoadDawg
11-12-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by ka-mag68

You can actually use a foregrip without an extender for either the y-grip or the z-grip if you use a RogueRail (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107239), but with a standard rail you have to have an extender for the z-grip.

Hope that answered everything for you bud. You beat me to the punch with the RogueRail. Anyways. RogueFactor is a good guy to deal with and he has some very sweet items to make any automag/Emag pimp. Oh and welcome to Automags.org

billmi
11-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by ERut
Also, the y-grip trigger goes straight down, but the one on the z was angled with the frame. Welcome to AO, brah.

There is a bit of an angle to the Y grip as well, but it's not as severe as the Z grip. It's close to the angle of a standard grip, but in the opposite direction. For me it's enough that I can still hold the gun and shoot in other positions besides up to my shoulder, which gets very uncomfortable with the Z grip.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

ClassicMagger
11-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Here we go. Intellifeed your z-grip right in here. A couple posts down a guy did it and tells how he did it. Intellifeed Your Z-grip Click Here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99917&highlight=z+grip+intellifeed) That is it bud, you actually have to do stuff to the z-grip though to intellifeed it so watch out there.

ERut
11-12-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by billmi
There is a bit of an angle to the Y grip as well, but it's not as severe as the Z grip. It's close to the angle of a standard grip, but in the opposite direction. -Bill Mills

I was just talking about the trigger, not the whole frame. The trigger on the z is angled with the frame.

Pacifist_Farmer
11-12-2003, 09:18 PM
The Z grip is the most comfortable thing you will ever feel on a tight gun

personally I hate the way the trigger feels, but it is still a breath taking experience to hold

coolcatpete
11-12-2003, 10:07 PM
first off welcome, I personally like the y-frame better but that is just me, the z-grip I think is to angled and that is why tom made the y so it is all good
pete