PDA

View Full Version : twist lock center feed barrels

soccer4minimags
11-12-2003, 09:58 AM
Here's the deal. I got one ule body mag and one mag that I still use my twist lock barrels with. I don't want to scrap my barrels or really try and sell them, but I would like a low rise mag. Either get a no-rise body, or an emag body and cut the feed tube and get one of those slip over feed tubes. The thing is only one of my barrels is made for center feed. If I were to use a drill or something and just put a little dimple in it for the twist lock pin to set itself in would that work. Have any of you tried this.
The other option is to try and sell my collection of twist lock bodies and barrels and put it towards another ule body.

deathstalker
11-12-2003, 10:15 AM
I've never felt it necessary to have my PF barrels drilled for CF. I put an extra o-ring on it and it holds it nice and snug. I played all year with it like that and never once had a problem with it. I don't remember which groove I use (PF left or right), but I think it's the one you would use if your body is hopper-right.

GA Devil
11-12-2003, 10:26 AM
My wife has a high rise centerfeed mag and uses pf barrels. Never has a problem with them.

FragTek
11-12-2003, 10:43 AM
I have a friend who has a c/f body and uses p/f barrels all the time, they just hold themselves in place w/o extra modding. Seems to work pretty good.

If you have enough barrels to sell, then I would definately sell them all and the body and get a ULE. There's nothin' like a ULE body :)