PDA

View Full Version : quetion regarding max flo...need the experts!

hawpunch
11-12-2003, 03:51 PM
hi everyone,

i just purchased a high pressure max- flo for my mag. The reg and tank were shipped disassembled. i contacted the owner about this and he assured me that it was okay, but I wanted to get a second opinion. Is it okay to just screw the tank back on the reg without loctiting it? or do I need to loctite it or at least put some teflon tape on the screw? Any technical tips would be appreciated in addition to an answer to the question. Thanks!

Jae Park

TheTramp
11-12-2003, 04:19 PM
You can screw the bottle onto the reg to firm hand tightness. The pressure in the bottle will keep it from coming off the reg.

Of course, if you really want to be safe, take it to a shop and have them do it.

What ever you do...do not use and products on the threads. That means no loc-tite, no teflon tape and absoultly no oil.

tony3
11-12-2003, 04:31 PM
Yeah, definetly don't put loctite or anything on it, if one of those sharp pieces of dry loctite breaks off it could cut your tank internally.

Eric Cartman
11-12-2003, 04:38 PM
I've seen this debated a few times. I don't know for sure what the correct answer is. I know that when I removed my nitro duck reg from it's tank, there was blue loc-tite on the threads, I found the same thing with my Bulldog reg, so when I put my max-flo onto my tank, I used the blue loc-tite. The blue stuff doesn't seem to harden up the way that the red stuff does. I haven't had any problems from it since doing this. I'd say call Smart Parts and ask them what (if anything) is used when they are assembled.

By the way Tramp, isn't that supposed to be "Sit back, relax, and have a home brew"?

Puckz
11-12-2003, 04:43 PM
Smart Parts does not put anything on the threads to lock them when they are shipped from factory. Like was said above hand tighten as much as you can.

Not only does it prevent you from getting crap in your tank, but it will be a lot more convienient when hydro time comes along.

TheTramp
11-12-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Eric Cartman

By the way Tramp, isn't that supposed to be "Sit back, relax, and have a home brew"?

Nope. I can assure you it isn't.

http://hbd.org/hvhb/speakers/22599/charlie.pdf :cool: :)

hawpunch
11-12-2003, 06:44 PM
thanks everyone! i think i'll just hand screw it and leave it at that.

jae park