PDA

View Full Version : paintball tourney tricks

pbguru89
11-12-2003, 05:01 PM
alright my team and i are going to a small beginers tourney in rock hill, sc. i think most of these newbies are going to have tippmans. ewwwww buddy. i cant wait kick some a**. i wanna have some fun to give me some tricks that would just freak out any newb out there.

ramennoodles
11-12-2003, 05:11 PM
in my opinion, thats not the right attitude to go into the tourny at all, when i get an attitude like that i make careless mistakes and stuff like that so go into it very humble.

Deadman's walk, or deadman walking:
This will work better if you are the last one left on your team and say three on the other team, as a last ditched effort.
Stand up and curse your equiptment(like you just got out) and start walking tot he dead box, when they think you are out and move for your flag, unload on them, its a relatively common move.

Spleen
11-12-2003, 05:14 PM
Scare newbies?

1. Bunker them
2. Pre-Game tell them you have heat seeking paint.
3. Play 2 backs (if its a 3 man) and cross everyone up
4. If their newbs, they are goona be scared anyways.

cris8762
11-12-2003, 05:26 PM
wear dynasty, trauma, 'lanche, etc. jerseys and carry 7-10 pods (even if it's 3man) lol

if i was in my first tourney and had to play a team like that i'd crap my pants

now i just shoot noobs taht dress like that to be cool :D

gibby
11-12-2003, 05:36 PM
Bust out the pump and make it even! :)

Wrathchild
11-12-2003, 05:39 PM
hehe... most nebs cant shoot left handed... practice shooting left handed, and you will (most of the time) roll the other team because they cant shoot left... Well, it works with my team around here... Rookie div. SUCKS... we have been together for 3 months and are thinking about moving to Novice already.

IWANTMOREMAGS
11-12-2003, 05:44 PM
Show them your timmy:p

elpimpo
11-12-2003, 05:47 PM
just remember when u come out left then that means they come out right and if they r even decent at snappin right then ur toast.

my advice is dont even try and snap it out with people. if you know how to cross it up and spread the field you will never have to snap with someone.

adam shannon
11-12-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by cris8762
wear dynasty, trauma, 'lanche, etc. jerseys and carry 7-10 pods (even if it's 3man)

thats such a newb move that every other newb team will be doing it also. everybody will be pooing their brand new '04 dye pants.

goat
11-12-2003, 08:44 PM
Get one of those Bingo markers (makes big circles) and put pink dots all over your back and sides, then just when there are a lot of people around lift your shirt and say in a loud voice "hey (insert team members name here) look at the welt's from that tourney last month, There almost gone already!!!!"
(listen to the newbies gulp and watch their eye's bug out)

Then before you walk out onto the field for your first game start yelling at one of the members of the team you are about to play "HEY!....Arent you the guy who broke my CRAYONS IN SCHOOL!!???" look all wide eyed and crazy "I Told you we'd meet again, YA PAYBACK!!!!"

LOL....oh head games are fun!
goat

elpimpo
11-12-2003, 09:11 PM
yeah man just start going ape. rip off ur jersey and be like dude just blast me in the chest man. and then start going around being like oh man you thought lasoya was hurting the other day in practice.

gibby
11-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by elpimpo
yeah man just start going ape. rip off ur jersey and be like dude just blast me in the chest man. and then start going around being like oh man you thought lasoya was hurting the other day in practice.
That's if the newbs even know who Lasoya is! :D

Gas up and walk your Timmy while it's still empty as you prepare your gear. Do a few strings and make sure they hear it. Then make a small comment at how you still need to warm up your fingers.:p

Then look over to the newb nearest to you and say...PERFECT!

cris8762
11-12-2003, 10:12 PM
lol

i was kidding about the jersey thing

i see kids that do that every time i go practice, those kids always get the crap shot outta them for wearing those jerseys

rikkter
11-12-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by goat
Get one of those Bingo markers (makes big circles) and put pink dots all over your back and sides, then just when there are a lot of people around lift your shirt and say in a loud voice "hey (insert team members name here) look at the welt's from that tourney last month, There almost gone already!!!!"
(listen to the newbies gulp and watch their eye's bug out)

why would that make them gulp?
it'd make me smile knowing he got lit up in the last tourny, basically telling me he may not be that good.

Stotic
11-12-2003, 10:26 PM
Shoot as much paint as you can. They won't move an inch. Easy pickings! :)

coolcatpete
11-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Stotic
Shoot as much paint as you can. They won't move an inch. Easy pickings! :)

That is exactly what I do and then it freaks them all out and then they think you will shoot alot at them next game so they dont move and then you bunker them, but then you feel bad so you give them helpful hints.
Pete

elpimpo
11-12-2003, 10:31 PM
guns are such a huge intimidation factor. ill walk out to a field that i work at. its mainly rec ball but when they want to play speedball i gas up my angel and go play. those kids are so afraid its soooo funny they all r like well we get 20 people cause u guys have an angel on your team then when i get a rental tippy they always are like oh man he has a tippy he cant do anything. its great.

LawFox32
11-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Don't be a Douche-Bag

why not go out, play hard and if you can, WIN; I don't know about any of you people, but thats my main goal, not scaring newbs. tournament play can be fun for everyone, why not try and work to that

peace

coolcatpete
11-12-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by LawFox32
Don't be a Douche-Bag

why not go out, play hard and if you can, WIN; I don't know about any of you people, but thats my main goal, not scaring newbs. tournament play can be fun for everyone, why not try and work to that

peace

Becasue it is fun to see their reaction, didn't it happen to you I know it did to me so I just pass it on.

elpimpo
11-12-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by LawFox32
Don't be a Douche-Bag

dude people have fully stole my saying. i dont think i ever read a post with dueche bag in it untill i posted it one time and now everyone is saying it

Carbon
11-13-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by pbguru89
alright my team and i are going to a small beginers tourney in rock hill, sc. i think most of these newbies are going to have tippmans. ewwwww buddy. i cant wait kick some a**. i wanna have some fun to give me some tricks that would just freak out any newb out there.

Well, well, well...

Youve already made your first mistake,underestimating the competition. Remember, there will probablly be sandbaggers other than yourselves entering this contest as well.Like ramen noodles said:

In my opinion, thats not the right attitude to go into the tourny at all, when i get an attitude like that i make careless mistakes and stuff like that so go into it very humble.

oh yeah one more thing, it is in your best interest to make this sport grow, to qoute another...

Don't be a Douche-Bag

Good luck.

QUINCYMASSGUY
11-13-2003, 01:46 AM
Basic choices:

Play cheap, use bogus moves, cheat, etc... get a couple noobs thinking you're cool and be the joke of everyone who actually knows there stuff and risk getting screwed on penalties and such.

OR

Play to your ability, and win or lose you will learn from your mistakes and become a player who is respected by anybody who watches and know you played tough.

Nothing personal, but the best lesson you can learn is to get bunkered by a noob with a tippy you thought wouldn't stand a chance as it will always remind you that you can't underestimate your opponent and there is ALWAYS someone out there who is better than you, and some day you will play against them too. I play against tougher opponents and play fair so I am challenging myself. And if you play in tournaments regularly and are just sandbagging in this one to get an easy win of some noobs, well you just admitted you don't have real skills because you can't hack it in the level you are supposed to be in. Let's hope it's not that one. It isn't, right?

Carbon
11-13-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by QUINCYMASSGUY
Basic choices:

Play cheap, use bogus moves, cheat, etc... get a couple noobs thinking you're cool and be the joke of everyone who actually knows there stuff and risk getting screwed on penalties and such.

OR

Play to your ability, and win or lose you will learn from your mistakes and become a player who is respected by anybody who watches and know you played tough.

Nothing personal, but the best lesson you can learn is to get bunkered by a noob with a tippy you thought wouldn't stand a chance as it will always remind you that you can't underestimate your opponent and there is ALWAYS someone out there who is better than you, and some day you will play against them too. I play against tougher opponents and play fair so I am challenging myself. And if you play in tournaments regularly and are just sandbagging in this one to get an easy win of some noobs, well you just admitted you don't have real skills because you can't hack it in the level you are supposed to be in. Let's hope it's not that one. It isn't, right?

Word!

ramennoodles
11-13-2003, 06:34 PM
thanks guys, for a second there i was like, has our entire sport gone down the drain, and then you guys reaffirmed me, thanks.

Wrathchild
11-13-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by elpimpo
just remember when u come out left then that means they come out right and if they r even decent at snappin right then ur toast.

What? That means THEY have to shoot left to hit you(Would be shooting on YOUR right, but their left)... And if they arent good at it, then they will stick out more which gives you a larger target... also, it helps when a friend is pounding their bunker from the right, and they step back while you are posting on the left side.

elpimpo
11-13-2003, 06:45 PM
the dude said that you should learn to shoot left. when you shoot left then he shoots right

coolcatpete
11-13-2003, 07:40 PM
I am just joking. I know this happened to me at new york cup this one team all noobs beat us. So dont under estimate them. Oh and after the tourny was over we challenged them because we felt like "deushe bags" and then we won 3 times in a row so it was all good so I guess the leeson is dont be cocky.
Pete

RetroEclipseMan
11-13-2003, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't underestimate the compitition there man. Just cause it's a beginer tourny doesn't mean that the players are beginer. I know in the NW Survivore 3 man there's a beginer bracket and the it only requires players with less than 1 year of tourny experience and you can't have played in any other major series like NPPL. So most rookie teams register for that rather than actual rookie division. By the rules it's not sandbagging so if this tourny you're talking about is anything like that I wouldn't be suprised if you show up and see pretty decent players playing in that division.

68magOwner
11-13-2003, 10:37 PM
i know this fool, hes never played a tourny before, but he is a good player, just needs to come in with a different attitude, jaimal, you dont know what to expect, delete your stupid thread ;) :D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
11-13-2003, 10:58 PM
i've been playing for 4 years and still not 1 tourny. (everyone that i know around here either stinks at pb, is one of those people that think this is like the video game and start acting tuff before we get to the field and start getting scared when they see everyone, is one of those people that think they know everything but they don't, or is good at pb but are too far.