PDA

View Full Version : Operation Eminent Storm III

Smakman
11-12-2003, 08:29 PM
Operation Eminent Storm III

The Contras and the US Special Forces will go at it again in the largest game ever hosted at Smak Zone Paintball! 300+ are players expected for this event!

May 21, 22, 23, 2004

You won't want to miss this game!
Paintball tanks, paintball artillery, night play, pyrotechnics.......it's all here!

Free camping!
Free BBQ!
Free air fills!
Free pancake breakfast! !
Pyrotechnics!
Night Play!

Cost of Play:

$25.00 per person if prepayment is postmarked by May 10, 2004.
$45.00 per person May 11, 2004 through the day of the event.
Paint price is $50.00 per case of 2000 for Nitro Ball or $25 per 1/2 case or $55/case for First Choice and $30 for 1/2 case or.............
BYOP for an additional fee of only $20! (All BYOP paint subject to safety inspection.)
Rentals are just $15 for the entire weekend!

SPECIAL! Prepay for both entry and 1 case of Nitro Ball for just $70!

Presented by Smak Zone Paintball
Located 120 miles south of St. Louis at Patterson, MO
This is the field you've been hearing about!
Players from as far away as Fairbanks, Alaska have already made contact with us about this game!

We cater to safe and honest players only. You will not find a better game at a better field for a better price.

For more info: 573-856-4009
mwm@smakzone.com
www.smakzone.com

Smakman
01-04-2004, 01:52 AM
Bump.

www.smakzone.com/oes.html

Wes Janson
01-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Damn, that sounds like a nice game...if only it weren't so far away :( Free air, free food, $50 paint... Move to Florida already!! We've got plenty of room for ya'!

Out of curiosity, what is "Nitro Ball"? Glow-in-the-dark balls, or something else?

Smakman
01-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Partial "Who's coming" list:

Pukin' Dogs
Smak Factor
Members A5OG
Members Team Tactical Markers
Camo Bandits
Posable Action Figures
Team Exodus
Defcon 5
Gods and Generals of MN
Tennesee Red Cobras
Thunder Warriors of Tampa Bay
Cyber Bullz
Paintball Nation Magazine

Smakman
01-18-2004, 11:04 AM
I utilize refs-in-play (RIPs) for my major events. These refs are playing, but also have the authority to call out players for safety violations and cheating on the field. Using this method of reffing has been very effective. I normally hand pick players for these positions, but I am expecting to need more than my usual trustees for Operation Eminent Storm III in May 2004. RIPs get free entry to the game and may BYOP at no charge. They also may take their time out, when eliminated, in-field reffing visibly. If you are an honest and experienced scenario player, 18 years or older, who isn't afraid to confront cheaters or unsafe players and are interested, email me at mwm@smakzone.com

It is sounding like I may need even more RIPs now than I was planning on. I try to keep the RIP to player ratio at about 1 to 8. I try not to use entire teams as they usually prefer to play together as a squad and I need the RIP eliment spread throughout the field.

Smakman
01-24-2004, 09:44 AM
Bump.

Smakman
01-27-2004, 07:26 AM
I am happy to announce that Billy Goodman and XO, Johnny Bucy, will be leading the Special Forces Team against the Contras. Billy and Johnny are long time, experienced scenario players, leading members of the Pukin' Dogs Scenario Paintball Team and above all, play safely and with integrity. Look our guerrillas!

Smakman
03-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Red = Contras = defenders Gavin Page in command

Blue = Special Forces = invaders Billy Goodman and Johnny Bucy of the Pukin' Dogs in command

Defenders will not be able to simply sit on their laurels and let the battle come to them however. They will have to be proactive in stopping the SF invasion or the SF will gain strategic positions from which they will launch their missions from farther in-field.

Saturday points will be awarded for missions completed. If you have GPS units, bring them, as they will come in handy both for finding your position on the field and aiding in certain missions. For some missions, they will be manditory. (We will provide a couple.)
Sat. night and Sunday, it's all about real estate and what positions each team holds at specific times.

The Federales Outpost: The local government's base that is located farthest into the interior of the region which is in the control of the Contras. This position requires sheer numbers both to attack and to defend due to it's size and difficult approaches. 300 feet of elevated perimeter walkway and a 20'X20' center platform.

Federales munitions dump: AKA the tire base. Not a very strategic position, but difficult to assault as there is little flanking room. A good hold out spot.

SatCom: The Special Forces' main objective is to assume and maintain control of this position for as much of the duration of the engagement as possible. Difficult to assualt due to it's location atop the hill, but also difficult to hold with too few defenders.

Special Forces Command: The position which the Special Forces start their invasion from. Difficult to assualt if the defenders are on their toes.

Contras Command: This is a very difficult position to assault in very rugged terrain chosen by the guerrilla group for that very reason. It is their stronghold. To date, it has never been successfully attacked and overtaken though some have come very close.

The Bridge: Located almost within small arms range just to the west of the Outpost, the team who controls the bridge, controls the PAV traffic over the entire southern 1/3 of the field. A very important choke point if your team is relying on armor to do the dirty work.

The Generating Station: This position literally controls all of the lighting at both SatCom and the Outpost. Only the engineers for your team can change the power switch positions at the station. the team that controls the generating station, literally controls the lights at BOTH SatCom and the Outpost. A highly contested position near the end of Sat. play and during night play because the positions that your team holds at the end of Sat. play are the same positions that they hold at the start of night play.

Smakman
05-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Registration and chrono procedures

All players will check in at the registration counter. There, preregistered players will recieve their player packets which will include the following:

Field map
Hopper cover
Summary of the field rules
Paint tickets (if appicable)
ID tag
Special role information (if applicable)

All pre-registered players who have not paid for paint in advance will be required to purchase their paint at the registration counter or to pay the BYOP fee before they can recieve their packets.

After players have registered, they may then have their CO2 or HPA tanks filled at the fill station where they will have to present their ID tag as proof of registration.

At the chrono station, players will again have to present their ID tags to have it punched showing that they have chronoed in under the posted limit. Once done , they will also recieve a marking on their hopper.

At the field entrance, players will, again, have to present their ID tags to the staff member at the field entrance in order to determine that the player has registered and has chronoed in before entering the field prior to game start.

At any time, a staff member, referee, or RIP, (Referee-In-Play) may ask for a player to present their ID tag for inspection.

Registration will be open on Fri. from noon until midnight. All players who can are encouraged to get registered and get issued their player packets on Fri. so as to speed up proceedings on Sat. morning. Remember, player briefing is at 9:30 am, game start is at 11:00 am. Contras move out at 10:30. SF moves out at 10:10. If you are not ready to move out with your team, you will wait until after game start to enter the field.