PDA

View Full Version : PTP .. what kinda support?

felony
11-12-2003, 08:59 PM
If one were to look into purchasing a PTP micro e-mag, what kinda support could they expect from PTP.

Is there any help from AGD if problems arise..

I have heard mixed reviews, so here I am..

Just wondering..

Dan

Lethargic
11-12-2003, 10:38 PM
Im pretty sure AGD will help you with the valves, and possibly the boards. Other than that, its all up to PTP

adam shannon
11-12-2003, 11:28 PM
ptp has always been good about phone support...i cant testify as to their physical support with markers. i called them to ask a few Q's and ended up BSing with the owner for 2 hours about PB, after he answered my questions.

felony
11-13-2003, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the replys..

I am just wondering, cause it boggles my mind that a marker can be sold for 1200 bucks and have no support.

Will I be able to get it flashed etc?

I dont wanna spend the money, if I am goin to have little support from the best company around.. AGD!!

adam shannon
11-13-2003, 01:47 PM
the main problem reported with micromags is tolerance issues. ptp makes the bodies and buys the boards and valves from agd...thus ptp is responsible for the body and any issues that arise from that while agd backs the valve and board. some people get chapped cuz agd tells them to send it to ptp when something isnt working so they say agd wont support micros...not true. depending on whats wrong you will get support...you just may have to figure out who to send it to for the specific problem.

felony
11-13-2003, 01:55 PM
sounds good,
thanks
dan

luke
11-13-2003, 02:05 PM
The response I got from AGD when I was having trouble with my Micro was, send it to PTP first, if they can't fix we will. PTP did get it up and running, and the turn around time was surprisingly fast.

Mossman
11-13-2003, 07:32 PM
BAD SUPPORT! BADDDD SUPPORT!

billmi
11-13-2003, 09:23 PM
PTP is a small company, so sometimes being the squeeky (in a polite way) wheel can help if you think you may have fallen between the cracks in not getting a response from them. The owners are great people and go to great lengths to help their customers. I've hung out at their shop for a number of afternoons, and have had occasions where I saw both sides (theirs and the customers) of some problems. IMHO, if you go to them for help, and are polite about it, you'll be taken care of. If on the otherhand, it takes them more than 24 hours to answer an e-mail, and you start spamming forums about how they have the worst customer service because of it, don't expect them to go out of their way.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

felony
11-13-2003, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it!!

dan

luke
11-13-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by billmi
PTP is a small company,

I called once after not talking to them for several weeks and the gal that answered the phone recognized my voice, and remembered the details of the problems I was having including what gun I owned. Kinda freaky... :eek:

OfficerGoat
11-14-2003, 05:19 AM
I had htem send out the wrong part on me. I called em up and the women knew who I was from the part I ordered. (Nobody likes purple I guess) Anyhow they had the right part out so fast it made my head spin... before I sent the wrong one back. I have had nothing but great luck with PTP. I have been using their products in one form or another since I got my fist micro in 96'

FortySix&2
11-14-2003, 09:30 AM
I don't know exactly how good PTP is for customer support, but looking at the above posts it seems good.

I own a PTP Micro E-mag and I sent it in a few weeks ago to AGD. They overhauled the whole gun, replaced any parts that needed it, flashed my board and tuned the whole thing. All for the same cost of a normal E-mag (free if your valve has no "punches" in it, except for parts). AGD is more than willing to help if they can.