PDA

View Full Version : mag help

DWOOD
11-12-2003, 09:47 PM
i am not getting much help in the tach fourm so here it is

my marker has shoot down. when i try to shoot like 4bps it has major shoot down. the reg and everything is clean. and when i hold the trigger it goes spit spit spit spit. is that normal. i got a retro valve

and before this it would shoot once then it wouldnt shot at all. the trig was still pressurized but wouldnt shoot. i think i ifxed it but what do you think the problem was. i had a brand new on/off assembly to.

space_weazel_45
11-13-2003, 05:07 AM
the valves reg? or another?
input pressure?

FragTek
11-13-2003, 05:43 AM
Need more info bro. Whats your gun setup like? What kind of HP tank are you using, whats its output pressure at?

DWOOD
11-13-2003, 07:14 AM
i got a crossfire high output tank. someone told me to adjust the trigger rod a bit.

i got ay-grip, retro valve,longnose bolt till i get my gun working so i can put my lv10 in)

Severe
11-13-2003, 07:28 AM
If you bought this marker used, I would highly recommend picking up an RT Parts kit and go ahead and replace all your orings and such. It's a small price to pay to know that everything is in good shape.

Other than that, here are the areas I suspect.
* Check the oring and carrier in your power-tube.
* Check to besure your on/off assembly is inserted correctly. Check the orings to insure they are good.
* You said the reg is clean, which makes me think you've recently completely disassembled the vavle. Are you possitive you put everything back in correctly? The reg-seat could be suspect here also.

Besure to put a few drops of some oil in the air intake and dry fire it (provided you can get the marker to cycle).

I'm just throwing some ideas out here for you. Hopefully some of the more knowledgable 'Mag-guru's will identify this issue right off.

To help everyone, tell us as much info about the marker as possible.
Is it new/used? Has it worked before and recently stopped? Have you completely disassembled the valve? Etc.

Good luck!

Steve

luke
11-13-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by DWOOD
someone told me to adjust the trigger rod a bit.

When the gun is aired up ready to fire, you must have space between the end of the trigger rod and the back of the trigger.

athomas
11-13-2003, 01:14 PM
If the gun is spitting when you hold the trigger in, then the problem lies in the on/off assembly. Check your o-rings. Make sure they are all in the proper place and in good condition.

Do not adjust your trigger rod. This is not a problem that will be fixed by that.

DWOOD
11-13-2003, 01:20 PM
the trigger rod was right against the back of the trigger. there ws no space in betweem there. the valve is put back togethr right and all. it worked when i had the hyper frmae. i am going to try the sear i think the rod was to long

luke
11-13-2003, 01:31 PM
Good place to start. If there isn't a gap the on/off pin wont have enough room to operate properly.

Dayspring
11-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Did you change on/off pins when you went to the Hyperframe? Are you using the same pin?

DWOOD
11-13-2003, 03:12 PM
when i sold the hyper frame i gave him the on/off assembly and the sear. the sear didnt have the rod. i got a brand new retro on/off assembly and i got a mm/am sear.

cphilip
11-13-2003, 03:41 PM
You may just need to turn the velocity up!

I mean if your tank input is 800 or so then its very likely the reg in the rear of the valve is set too low. Put an allen key in the back of the Reg nut on the rear of the valve and turn it up until you hear it click and see the trigger rod stiffen up. Clockwise. It should pressure up and start shooting. And then keep going a bit more till its shooting consistently. Then Crono it.

If it hisses out the front one time or two push the bolt in HARD witth something like a wooden dowel until you hear it click. It will eventualy go past that and start shooting.

If it starts venting out the back BEFORE it starts shooting report back and we go into that issue.

Also if you still got some forward leak or stick we can deal with that later as that might be spacers and PT oring and stuff. But lets get it cycling first.

Or you may have the wrong on off pin length in there. Look in tech near the top and the On Off pin lengths are listed in a post by BlackVCG. Measure it if turning the velocity on up does not get it shooting.

And also re-measure that sear rod and return it to the spec listed in that same thread. If need be. Check it.

You need to go read the manual on these thats at the AGD site. It will familiarize you with these issues. Read the RT valve one.

DWOOD
11-13-2003, 04:00 PM
i think i fixed the problem. i shortened the trigger rod a little bit casue it was to long. it was shooting fine and then i put my lv 10 in and it piches paper. i then went out back and shot some rounds. about 70 or so and it didnt break a ball and it pinched one and it had no shootdown. so i think it is all fixed