PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for RogueFactor...

cledford
11-13-2003, 08:56 AM
Develop a "carrier" for the Emag battery pack that mounts else wear on gun.

One idea would be some sort of "side saddle" carrier that makes use of the screw holes on your rail. You could even change the battery around and product your own in a different form factor to adapt better to being "moved"

My suggestion is based on this, the Emag battery pack isn't all that uncomfortable - but in the event of a battery electronics failure (or choice) it would be cool to go sans battery pack and still have a fore grip.

I'm planning on purchasing a rouge-rail and grip for my Emag. I'll end up moving the battery to a pouch I sew onto my tank cover - but the ability to move the battery pack on gun would be cool as well.

Hey, I just thought of another angle, with the Tac1 body you could make a battery pack that uses that rail mount interface - that would be cool... This would probably go over real well since those scenario guns like to use the A4 (and HK) style foregrips.

-Calvin

luke
11-13-2003, 09:33 AM
Why not use the battery as your drop.

Mount a dove tail on your grip, mount the battery to it, then mount your tank to to the battery...

cledford
11-13-2003, 09:34 AM
Very interesting idea Luke...

-Calvin

luke
11-13-2003, 09:36 AM
Actually it's not my idea. Let me find some "links" for you...

luke
11-13-2003, 09:43 AM
http://www.automags.org/resource/tech/prototype/jax_warriors.shtml

Here's one, there is another some where.... I'll see if I can find it.

luke
11-13-2003, 09:52 AM
Well I couldn't find the other link, and I don't remember who did it, but he milled a dove tail to the bottom of his grip frame to mount the battery...

Muzikman
11-13-2003, 10:18 AM
I had the same thought as to moving the pack. Making it a drop is intersting. What I would like to see is that the piece that it mounts on would have 1/8" jacks for powering devices (warp and Loader).

Fuji
11-13-2003, 11:15 AM
Perhaps even allowing us to charge the battery on gun. (A la Angel) Then again, it may not be such a great idea, since you can fry your board if it gets a power spike.

edweird
11-13-2003, 12:10 PM
you could just install a simple switch or pull the power cable for the gun to isolate the battery while charging

luke
11-13-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
I had the same thought as to moving the pack. Making it a drop is intersting. What I would like to see is that the piece that it mounts on would have 1/8" jacks for powering devices (warp and Loader).

What exactly did you have in mind, I've got the material, if you have the idea. The dove tail peace is easy enough, what did you have in mind in regard to the jacks?

luke
11-13-2003, 01:38 PM
Muzikman.
It would be easy enough to mill a spot to mount jacks on. Is that what your suggesting?

Muzikman
11-13-2003, 02:26 PM
I figure just (2) 1/8" stereo phono jacks. You can then put the same in your revy or Warp and run them off the Emag battery. These jacks could be just straight 18V and just put a 12V regulator inside the warp where you have more room. Think of this as one of those phalic ProTeam battery packs. You could so use the KayleAGD on/off boards in there so you could have an actual power switch for the Emag without having to make any perminant mods to the gun.

This is an idea I have had for about two years, but no means of doing it. I ended up just mounting my jack in the grip frame up near the battery and tapped right into the hot lead nut.

WARPED1
11-13-2003, 02:33 PM
Jax Warriors Emag AGD made.
http://server3.uploadit.org/files/131103-jax_warrior_1_lg.jpg
(thank god for uploadit.org!)

Miscue
11-13-2003, 02:37 PM
Tank cover with battery pocket.

luke
11-13-2003, 02:44 PM
So, you would run the power wire from the battery to the plugs, so you really just need a place to mount the jacks right?

The battery pack is only dove tailed one side, so the pack would need a dove tail (or other) cut on opposite side to mount your tank on right?

I don't have a E-Mag. So I would need some help working out the details.

i_baked_cookies
11-13-2003, 04:40 PM
if you can do this rogue, itll be ur best seller... i know like 5 guys with emags at my school who absolutly hate the battery being there!

RoadDawg
11-13-2003, 04:45 PM
Why so many hate the battery pack is beyond me. I find it rather comfortable and in a reasonable spot. Now this could be due to my big hands and all but still I like it where it is.

ShaftyMcGee
11-13-2003, 04:50 PM
is it possible to use a smaller battery?

cledford
11-13-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by ShaftyMcGee

No.

-Calvin

WARPED1
11-13-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by ShaftyMcGee
I been asking that for years...............

luke
11-13-2003, 07:33 PM
RogueFactor,
Gotcha. I curious how they mounted the tank in the picture?

luke
11-13-2003, 09:13 PM
Ah-Ha. I see...

I bet you can do better. ;)

coolcatpete
11-13-2003, 09:14 PM
I bet you can to.
Pete.

Grasshopper
11-14-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by RoadDawg
Why so many hate the battery pack is beyond me. I find it rather comfortable and in a reasonable spot. Now this could be due to my big hands and all but still I like it where it is.
Yea, same. I find it a lot more comfortable than normal foregrips; and my hands arn't that big.

WARPED1
11-14-2003, 12:39 AM
It would be great where it is if it was round, it's as ugly as sin the way it is now.

FooTemps
11-14-2003, 12:42 AM
imo, the round grips look hideous on an emag body. lol, every look in the AGD proto lab for the round grip designs?

Maybe instead of mounting the battery vertically like on the jax warrior's ones... the battery could be mounted horizontally so it's flatter? then you could center it and you wouldn't need a tall drop.

robertjuric
11-14-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by WARPED1
It would be great where it is if it was round, it's as ugly as sin the way it is now.

Then get a C&C pack :)

Seriously I say leave the battery where it is, its like the emag trademark, looks like the most reasonable place to put it to me withouth have to ziptie it ghetto like to anything.

Dueydog
11-14-2003, 03:45 AM
There is a lot of space betweeh the trigger guard and the pack. Why?
Matt