PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a nitro tank....for cheap!

Soon2BMaxed
11-13-2003, 10:28 AM
Hi all, haven't posted here in awhile (had a disheartening experience after dropping $80 on a lvl 10 that i still cannot get to work :( )

i have always shot my gun on co2 because i never wanted to spend any money on an N2 or compressed air system.

i'm tired of my gun getting too cold (damn thing would freeze up even in 80 degree weather!) and i really hate losing consistency during fast shooting. i understand that N2 will take care of these problems so now i'm shopping for a tank :)

here are my questions:

whats the difference between 3000psi and 4500psi? will one last longer than the other? (more shots out of the tank?)

i'm assuming 68ci is the actual size of the tank, no?

what brands should i stay away from?

can i get a decent used system for under $100? i can't justify spending more than that considering how little i actually play....though i may start playing more if the performance of my gun increases.

also, wtf does "hydro" mean? i've been seeing this term used frequently and i dont know what it means...

thanks in advance! :D

Trevor

tjussery
11-13-2003, 01:06 PM
whats the difference between 3000psi and 4500psi? will one last longer than the other? (more shots out of the tank?)

The difference is the more "psi" the more air you have in that cubic inch tank. A 68/4500 tank will give you more shots than a 68/3000.

i'm assuming 68ci is the actual size of the tank, no?

That is correct...the larger the "ci" the bigger the tank is.

also, wtf does "hydro" mean? i've been seeing this term used frequently and i dont know what it means...

"hydro" refers to the date on the tank. If the tank has the date "11/00" and it is a three year tank...the date has run out and you will have to have your tank hydrostatic tested.

Hope this helps!:D

jdev
11-13-2003, 01:29 PM
more importantly, what is the problem that you are having with your LX. maybe you could create a seperate theread in the tech forums and we can help you solve the problem you are having.

Soon2BMaxed
11-13-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by joey d
more importantly, what is the problem that you are having with your LX. maybe you could create a seperate theread in the tech forums and we can help you solve the problem you are having. my problem is that i tried every single way (i made a thread in the tech forum a long time ago when it first came out) tried it with all the different "spacers" or whatever those little rings are called and i could never get the gun to work.

i think i need new springs or something. maybe my internals are too worn down to hold the pressure needed to make it work right (gun is almost 4 years old on stock internals)

where can i get a tank hydro'd ?

NJPaint
11-13-2003, 05:38 PM
most scuba shops and paintball shops can get your tank hydroed. I know there are a few places online as well. But about HPA tanks... If you want to save on the cash, go used.

Dueydog
11-14-2003, 03:55 AM
Great tank and light and strong. My buddies uses one and its hydro is good for 5 years from date as it's a Carbon.
Matt

FragTek
11-14-2003, 04:28 PM
^^^ Up for a great deal on a preset nitro duck.

That's almost worth picking up for myself as a backup! lol.

If you are really on a budget crunch and you can't find any deals like the one posted right above this post I would suggest getting a 45/3000 steel tank. You can get these for dirt cheap and its a great starter HP system until you can afford a nice fiber wrapped tank.

edman282
11-14-2003, 07:28 PM
I wouldnt count on finding a n2 system for under 100 bucks, unless you find a used one...good luck.

Soon2BMaxed
11-15-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by edman282
I wouldnt count on finding a n2 system for under 100 bucks, unless you find a used one...good luck.

i didn't plan on buying one brand new.

so nitro duck is a good brand? i saw something similiar for 80-90 the other day on ebay also...

thanks! :)

FreakBaller12
11-16-2003, 09:46 AM
nitroduck, crossfire,centflag, and air america are all good tanks. There are others, but otu of your rpice range.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
11-16-2003, 04:57 PM
nitroduck, crossfire or centerflag those are the brands to buy. And i would just get a new steel 45/3000 for around 80