PDA

View Full Version : HPA fill station

68magOwner
11-13-2003, 04:22 PM
ok, my team was thinking about gettin a fill ststion so we could fill tanks at our practice field instead of just playing till we run out of air. So, i need to know what all i need to purchase. I was just thinking 1) a scuba tank from EBAY, 2) a HPA fill addapter from ebay, and that would be it, am i correct? do i need anything else, also where do i get the big scuba tank filled, and they are sidez in cubic feet, so, can i just conver feet to inches and taht would be how many fills i could get from the big tank? :confused:

the_next_guy_
11-13-2003, 04:29 PM
That is all you should need. I get my tank filled at my local scuba shop, but I guess it depends where you live. I think sport chalet fills. Also, a standard scuba tank is 80 cubic inches I think, I get 5 or 6 decent fills of my 47/3000 but my shop only fills to about 2200psi.

the_next_guy_
11-13-2003, 04:32 PM
forgot: make shure you tell the person who fills it that it is for paintball, because they will ask to see your SCUBA license. And make shure it is hydroed(sp?)

spyxtra
11-13-2003, 04:42 PM
u could probably go to a paint shop to. they only charge 5 bux for a scuba. u can only get about 3 fills at 3000 psi untill the psi will drop. u can prob get about 10-15 fills at around 1500 to 2500psi.

rikkter
11-13-2003, 04:50 PM
if its for a TEAM, i'd suggest getting about 3-4, maybe 4-5 scuba tanks instead of one.

one tank will barely last anything for a team.

about the license, well, SOME, if not most scuba places wont even fill the tanks if they know they're for paintball, and also, SOME, again if not most, wont even fill the tanks if you dont have a license. but with luck you'll find a place that will fill them.

if you do, get more than 1 scuba, and 2 fill stations is best.
have one scuba the 'starting' scuba, and just fill from that scuba, then use ANOTHER scuba to top off your tanks. then eventually switch from the 'topping off' scuba as the 'starting' scuba, and get a new scuba for the topping off.

doing this will make your scubas last a lot longer.

also dont totally EMPTY the scubas. if they're bone empty, the scuba place will have to do a inspection to see if its leaking or not.

68magOwner
11-13-2003, 05:33 PM
umm, 80ci? are you shure, i see ones that are 13cubic feet and 30 cubic feet,80cubic feet, as well as a 100cubic foot one wich one is "standard" although i dont think any of them equal 80ci :confused: also, do they need to be hydroed or anything?

punkcmonkiez
11-13-2003, 07:04 PM
yea they need to be hydroed every few years im not shure how many (i have 2) but every year they must have a visual inspection of the inside of the tank.....

the_next_guy_
11-16-2003, 12:51 PM
oops, it is cubic feet.

Caffiend
11-16-2003, 01:44 PM
and instead of buying used from ebay for the scuba tank, do you have a used sporting goods store (Play It Again is out here). Might want to check them, I picked one (80 cu ft) up for $90 and I didn't have to pay shipping :)
Or another way would go talk to your local dive shops and see what they can do. If you buy a new one from from them, they might throw in free air fills or something like that. And I think they'd be more inclined to fill them even though they are for paintball. Buying new will be more expensive to start out with, but the tank should be hydro'ed already and have it's visual inspection already (~$30 value?)

Fixion
11-16-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by the_next_guy_
That is all you should need. I get my tank filled at my local scuba shop, but I guess it depends where you live. I think sport chalet fills. Also, a standard scuba tank is 80 cubic inches I think, I get 5 or 6 decent fills of my 47/3000 but my shop only fills to about 2200psi.

A scuba tank is NOT 80 cubic inches. My HPA tank is 114 cubic inches, consider that. They are supposedly 80 cubic feet, although I have no idea how they measure that.

Heres what you should do (I'm too lazy to write it all out):
http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134024
You should plan on getting 2-3 or more scuba tanks.

adam shannon
11-16-2003, 03:52 PM
a scuba tank is only gonna get a whole team maybe one fill each...and the last couple guys will be getting 2000's. for a whole team your going to need a bulk tank...the big ones like shops use. we have one, they are only 3000 spi, and after a couple fills its down to 2000's already and we have to run the compressor to kick it back up.

68magOwner
11-16-2003, 03:54 PM
well mabey my ingenious idea wasnt so ingenious :(

Caffiend
11-16-2003, 04:26 PM
no, it will work. you just need more then one tank. three would be the minimum in my eyes (just a guess tho). and two fills stations or one that has two scuba hook ups and one fill station. you use one tank for "bulk" or "volume" fills and then the second tank to top off. once the top off tank gets low, it becomes the "volume" tank and your third tank becomes your top off tank.

Just read your "got money to burn" post. maybe you should just buy a few tanks and fill stations for your team...but charge them 5 bucks for all day air of course :) they're paying to get the tanks filled back up and maybe you get a little gas money in the process.

68magOwner
11-16-2003, 05:31 PM
yea, well, i think my 5 man team is gonna change over to a 3 man team next season, so would 2 tanks be enough?