PDA

View Full Version : Matrix owners, what kind of spring?

EsPo
11-13-2003, 05:26 PM
What kind of spring do you matrix owners use? By what kind of spring I mean what type of pen do you use to get the spring from?

Or, how much of the stock spring did you cut?

Load SM5
11-13-2003, 05:33 PM
Cutting the spring is all personal preference. I messed with mine for hours before I got it right. Cutting and restretching. I liked it when it got to the point that the trigger would'nt stick down with the gun pointed straight up. But a few guys at my field like their stock.

Berner9
11-13-2003, 05:41 PM
i cut mine right in half and it it super light and rips.

Mossman
11-13-2003, 05:52 PM
no spring at all is the way to go in my humble opinion

xmetal2001
11-13-2003, 06:18 PM
I think the stock spring is perfect, I love my trigger.

heftylefty
11-13-2003, 06:41 PM
the stock spring is way too stiff for my little fingers. Im gonna go with mossman here and say no spring:)

EsPo
11-13-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Mossman
no spring at all is the way to go in my humble opinion
Yeh... but your trix was broken.. the whole time you had it :)

Yeh, I'll probably end up going no spring.. just kinda paranoid that it'll go off randomly from a gust of wind.

freek133
11-13-2003, 09:10 PM
screw springs, buy toxic magnetic frame!

When I had my spring though I just took it out like mossman did, crazy good bounce.

billmi
11-13-2003, 09:16 PM
I have the stock spring. I tried without the spring, but I shoot it faster with the spring in place. IMHO, it's all about tuning the trigger travel down short, and keeping the spring strong enough to return the trigger fast.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

EsPo
11-13-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by billmi
I have the stock spring. I tried without the spring, but I shoot it faster with the spring in place. IMHO, it's all about tuning the trigger travel down short, and keeping the spring strong enough to return the trigger fast.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills
Good point... I'll have to work on that.

Armed & Harmless
11-14-2003, 12:43 AM
i took mine out also, ive got very little bounce really and more then enough return...
I can "rake" 21+ bps, get it light and short and try it (moving your fingers up and down hitting the bumps as you go) Very cool. and insane ROF.
stock trigger rocks. :)

Kaiser Bob
11-14-2003, 01:22 AM
Im with bill on that one. How it ended up working out for me was the stock spring cut down and streched to the point where about 1-1 1/2 coils were showing out of the top, and as short as humanly possible. With my gator trigger, it was extremely easy to max out the ROF by raking.

Mossman
11-14-2003, 09:29 AM
The new owner of my flame found out that the whole problem with the gun was kapp's inability to make regulators. The LPR was bad, that's it.

Even so, with the cap set at 16 on it I could shoot 16 ALL DAY with spring, and with well stretched fingers could hit 21 easily with all the settings on their fastest.

Godddddamn set both my trigger filters on the eblade to 8ms and this thing flies. Debounce was at 50 before and it was still sorta fast, lol.