PDA

View Full Version : Omen and CO2?

Cryer
11-13-2003, 06:20 PM
My brother is about to get into paintball (again...:rolleyes: ) and he wants a mid-level electronic marker. One problem is, the only field within 90 miles sucks. (they have HPA, but no one knows how to fill it...:mad: :confused: )

Another problem is price. He needs something better than an e-spyder, but he cant get an Excal either. first thought that came to mind was an Omen, but I havent heard anything on them using CO2... does it work? or do we need hpa?

Any other ideas on similar guns decent w/ co2? (priced under ~450)

GaryWV
11-13-2003, 06:50 PM
Impulse, or get a BKO + Maxflo and it will run fine on co2.

penguinpunk555
11-13-2003, 07:11 PM
I think if you used a bko with palmers stabalizer reg it would be good. Impulses with anti-shypon tank too.

Treefall25
11-13-2003, 08:31 PM
hey i m selling my omen and although i used HPA i'm sure it would be fine because my brother has the same gun and used co2 on it a few times and was fine.

Treefall25
11-13-2003, 08:32 PM
here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3637960717&category=16048

FragTek
11-14-2003, 01:42 AM
The closest field within 90 miles of you has HPA but they don't know how to fill it? Oooooooook, if you say so, lol.

bunkermaster10
11-14-2003, 01:44 AM
I wouldn't go w/ the owen. It kicks like a freaking mual but its pretty fast. I would get a BKO over it. But he should go w/ a Impulse and use that with Co2.

Cryer
11-14-2003, 12:52 PM
I think Imps are a little out of his price range (especially for a decent one). BKO's are a little more resonable... I'll check those out. (I hadn't even thought of those...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by FragTek
The closest field within 90 miles of you has HPA but they don't know how to fill it? Oooooooook, if you say so, lol.

Yeah, I live in College station, TX. There's a field about 5 miles out of town called Boondocks. I went there with my mag once and asked for a fill and they asked "How big is that tank?". I replied 4500psi. They guy at the counter was like "Whoa.... I mean ounces... how many onces?" Once I found out explained about the whole HPA revolution back in the 90's and he still didn't understand, I sought out the manager and gave him my tank. 10 minutes later, he emerged from the back room and asked me: "uh, do you know how to fill this?":eek::eek::mad::o

So i left...

Ya the next closest field is tanks in houston. (I guess the field is actually only like 60 miles...but nothing closer...)

aaron_mag
11-14-2003, 05:43 PM
I have an Omen. It works fine with CO2. Don't forget that the design is similar to a Piranha (basically a closed bolt Piranha) so CO2 workds fine. It is a good little marker. I believe the prices have probably come down since I bought mine.