PDA

View Full Version : Experienced, mature, honest, players needed

Smakman
11-13-2003, 08:30 PM
I utilize refs-in-play (RIPs) for my major events. These refs are playing, but also have the authority to call out players for safety violations and cheating on the field. Using this method of reffing has been very effective. I normally hand pick players for these positions, but I am expecting to need more than my usual trustees for Operation Eminent Storm III in May 2004. RIPs get free entry to the game and may BYOP at no charge. They also may take their time out, when eliminated, in-field reffing visibly. If you are an honest and experienced scenario player, 18 years or older, who isn't afraid to confront cheaters or unsafe players and are interested, email me at mwm@smakzone.com

http://www.smakzone.com

Smakman
11-17-2003, 08:36 PM
Bump.

jpdgas
11-18-2003, 02:08 PM
Sounds like a good deal. Ive seen this type of reffing in action and it works great. Id do it if you had some events in SoCal.

Smakman
01-04-2004, 01:42 AM
I stay in my own little neck of the woods. I just host 4 events per year at my own field.

I am also going to need an experienced player to general the Special Forces team. The Contras general will be Gavin Page. He did a teriffic job at "The Fire Fall Objective" last year. (They won.) Generals get free entry for themselves and their XO and the general gets 1/2 case of paint on the house as well. Anyone interested can email me at mwm@smakzone.com

Wes Janson
01-05-2004, 07:16 PM
I'd love to do that, but unfortunately I'm both two years underage, and about two or three states too far away :( Sounds like a nice way to attract refs, however, and might be pretty effective. I spotted a few players refs at the Grand Finale, but I don't recall Wayne's method of choosing them. It does bring into play a few questions of impartiality, I would expect.. Imagine you've got a dozen guys or so, split between two sides shooting away at each other from across a clearing. A player ref on one side sees what looks to be hot firing, or suspicion of a wiper, and so announces himself and walks over to check. In doing so, he gains the knowledge of how many, what quality, where they are, and what their strengths are. Going back over to his own side after checking the player, he can tell his own teammates what the situation is, or at the very least have the conflicting interests of knowing where they are (maybe he knows there's an ambush ahead..does he tell the guy with him not to move forward?). In what I've seen, it works effectively, but there's potential for abuse. I heard reports of at least one player ref in the grand finale was abusing his powers in order to advance his own team, and pursue grudges. Luckily, most aren't like that.