PDA

View Full Version : Why not?

coolcatpete
11-13-2003, 09:31 PM
How come there is all of these AO day sc or ca ot tx. How come there cant be one in NY, it would be cool because there are a lot of maggers here and every one else looks up to Tom Kaye as a cool guy so we New Yorkers should make it happen.
Pete.

Ps. I want to come to AO sc but I cant because it is to far, I guess thats why I am posting this.

Mango
11-13-2003, 09:34 PM
We have an AO day in NJ that is up in north jersey every year. Close to NY. So that will have to do. :) Hopefully there will be an AO NJ 4 but we dont know.

coolcatpete
11-13-2003, 09:35 PM
Yeah thats like 5 hours, but I may have to do that.
Pete.

cphilip
11-13-2003, 09:38 PM
The NJ one is one of the best. I made it year before last but could not this past year. I regret it. DO NOT miss AO NJ. I traveled over 12 hours to do it. It was a blast. Good people and great time. And for your information a lot of them come down here to South Carolina too. Again worth the trip. You gotta sacrifice but its worth it. Its never too far to go to a Major AO event. They like nothing you ever experienced in paintball. It will renew your faith in what paintball is realy all about. Good people getting together for some fun. Its refreshing. We got a LOT of NY and NJ people coming down here to SC next week. They all know its a long ways. But they all know its worth it. Its a AO Paintball Festival... not anything like it.

coolcatpete
11-13-2003, 09:42 PM
The problem is that I am young (look at me in my sig) and I can't drive, and I know my parents don't want to drive me that far for paintball. The only thing it will get me is in trouble becasue I will probally annoy the he11 out of them.
so I may come to NJ but SC is out of the question. So like I said we should have one near me, just for me. (jk)
Pete.

cphilip
11-13-2003, 09:45 PM
You go to NJ next year and get to know these guys and one of them will bring you down. Its a fairly common tradition for the older guys to help you young members out. You gotta show em your mature and will be a good traveling partner. They will offer.

edweird
11-13-2003, 09:46 PM
wait wait wait.... did I just hear that right?

Why cant any AO meets be in NY??!?!?!

First of all AO meets are set up by whoever can organize the event. So dont look to everyone else to start something that you could start yourself.

Secondly there are plenty of AO meets in the Northeast... In fact I dropped several grand this year traveling to ones near NY myself. I know that not everyone can afford to hit up a couple / several meets a year, but that is what the Meet and greet forums are for.

Oh and to prove the existance of Meets near NY state I compose this small list of events this year of the top of my mind that AGD attended.

Twin Towers @ EMR
IAO
Skyball
Shatnerball 2 @ EMR
NJAO 2

coolcatpete
11-13-2003, 09:51 PM
Great I think I will have to go to all of these places, I have gone to EMR but not for an event. WOw that shows how coolc Ao is if we give each other rides, that is just great to hear. I will have to go and meet everyone abd get into the crowd. Then when I am old enough to drive I will return the favor and give other people rides.
Thanks for that mood lifter Pete.

Wc Keep
11-13-2003, 09:54 PM
there is a thread in meet and great about an nyao day. its not happening to well though. my suggestion is to just wait for aonj 4. its gonna be bigger and better than all previous years. and this time im draggin phil up here even if i have to kidnap him. AND ILL MAKE SURE HE DOESNT HAVE A TOURNAMENT TO PLAY. but plans will begin soon for the next nj day. and since june of 2002 i have been to nj ao day 2 sc ao day agd megameet(which was the coolest) and helped organize nj ao day 3.

coolcatpete
11-13-2003, 09:58 PM
I guess I am going to AO NJ you have convinced me. I will run if I have to.
Pete.

cphilip
11-13-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Wc Keep
... and this time im draggin phil up here even if i have to kidnap him. AND ILL MAKE SURE HE DOESNT HAVE A TOURNAMENT TO PLAY....i have been to nj ao day 2 sc ao day agd megameet(which was the coolest) and helped organize nj ao day 3.

If you woulda said AO Day SC was the coolest then you woulda got me! :D :P

Mossman
11-13-2003, 10:29 PM
HEY COOLCATPETE!

YOu know any body from ithaca who goes by the last name of Apt? My mom's best friend barbara lives there with 5 girls, the youngest of which is named Laura and is in high school.

Know of her?

Wc Keep
11-13-2003, 10:30 PM
well see i had my heart broken by a certain waitress last year at ao sc. if it wasnt for that it would have taken first coolest.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
11-14-2003, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by edweird
wait wait wait.... did I just hear that right?

Why cant any AO meets be in NY??!?!?!

First of all AO meets are set up by whoever can organize the event. So dont look to everyone else to start something that you could start yourself.

Have to agree with my fellow zoomie on this one...take initiative. If you want something to happen, make it happen. It's not going to happen sitting on your butt waiting for some one else to step up.