PDA

View Full Version : bolt stick

greenkill
11-14-2003, 04:10 PM
What is bolt stick and what are causes of it? Furthermore what can one do to debug the problem?

ChucktheMAGician
11-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Level 10 or level 7? Moving up to the next larger carrier or oil fixes it w/ level 10. Try a longer powertube spacer on level 7:)

greenkill
11-14-2003, 11:09 PM
level 10. but i think this was happening with when i was installing my ULT... there would be pressure in the trigger, but it wouldn't fire.

ChucktheMAGician
11-16-2003, 11:21 AM
Have you tried turning the velocity up, and/or using some oil! I think this is the third post in a row where I recommend using oil, but it's amazing how such a simple thing can help!

greenkill
11-16-2003, 12:56 PM
I turn up the velocity, and air leaks from the valve, so I turned it down.

I oiled the all the orings on the on/off.... I dropped a tab of oil on the oring carrier too... but that was a few weeks ago, how often should i be oiling all this?

ChucktheMAGician
11-16-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by greenkill
how often should i be oiling all this?
Everytime it's being bad!:eek: I don't get to play weekly so I put some oil down the powertube and in the ASA everytime I get to play, every 2-3 weeks. It may need it weekly if you play more tho. Have you tried taking the ULT out and seeing if that was the problem?

TAW
11-16-2003, 04:05 PM
You must have your LX tuned correctly to get rid of the bolt stick when you install the ULT. Bolt stick with LX and ULT=more LX shims

You must have the largest carier and the most LX shims with out it leaking before you install the ULT. Because the ULT doesn't have the same return force as the stock on/off valve on the retro valves to latch the bolt and sear. It acts like the L7 bolt and air valve,when you got bolt stick you added a longer spacer.

greenkill
11-16-2003, 04:26 PM
Well what originally happeend was that I set up my level 10 before I got my ULT.. It was working reliably. Then when I got my ULT, I installed that. It wasn't firing iniatially so I started adding shims. After 2 LX shims, and 2 ULT shims, it still wasn't shooting. So I decided to put back teh stock xvalve on/off and that is when the bolt started sticking.

Since then I oiled the on/off a lot making sure the orings that the on/off pin is well oiled. I also oiled the oring in the carrier.

But it is still sticking. Could it be that I am low on gas? I got about 1200psi in it when this started happening.