PDA

View Full Version : More AO Goodies....

shartley
11-14-2003, 05:10 PM
Well, I said I would let folks know what I had cooking for AO by the end of this week. I also said that those of you who have been bugging me to make another batch would be happy.

I had a new Keychain mold made and after tweaking it and working it in, I am able to get useable casts from it. My first batch of keychains will be a run of 30! Some of these are already spoken for though. These 30 are already cast and will be finished this weekend and the full color image placed in them and filled with clear plastic resin.

To say the new AO Keychains are bigger than the last batch would be putting it mildly. They are now over an inch wide and over 3 inches long. They will also come with beefed up jumper rings (understatement) and larger key rings. Folks will also be able to order them with heavy duty clips as well (this will be an option… need one, get one… don’t need one, why pay extra for it?).

The image is also new and improved! It is a high resolution design printed at high resolution. The last batch used a low res image because that is all I had to work with. Tom has approved the new design and the keychain, so by the end of next week they will be available for those who want them. So keep your eyes on the Dealer’s Forum!

So as to not make this a sales thread, please do not ask me about prices.

And hold onto your hats…. I will be coming out with an AO Medallion as well that can be worn around your neck, as a zipper-tab, and may even make them into pins. That mold should be arriving tomorrow! So it will need the same tweaking and breaking in before it is ready for production runs….. but you know they are coming.

tranman
11-14-2003, 05:18 PM
We need pics!!!:D

shartley
11-14-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by tranman
We need pics!!!:D
Well… I don’t know what you expect to see at this point. They are only just cast at the moment. But here you go… snapped off a couple pictures for you….

http://gbsu-usa.net/shartleycustoms/customer/batch.jpg

And here you can see them next to the old keychain. They be BEEFY! :D

http://gbsu-usa.net/shartleycustoms/customer/newaokeychain1.jpg

Like I said though, this is just a raw keychain with NO work done to it. I will be finishing them this weekend and then getting the images placed and poured over with clear resin. The new image is much brighter with the new “soccer ball” logo design… but it looks much less like a soccer ball when added with the AO Text. And NO I will not post a picture of the new image…. I want something for the official sales thread. :D

And that is the optional clasp that will come with them if the individual wants/needs it.

shartley
11-14-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Rather
hmm, I looks like I found my stocking stuffers. :)

Shartley, can you share pics of the pendants once you have them cast and all pertied up for pictures? :D

Can you PM me prices, when you have a chance? :D
Yes. On the pictures.... but it will be at lease a week. The mold has not even gotten here yet.

PM on the way.

FragTek
11-14-2003, 07:20 PM
What are these going to run price wise? I want one!

rpm07
11-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by FragTek
What are these going to run price wise? I want one!

Originally posted by shartley

So as to not make this a sales thread, please do not ask me about prices.

I love how people read:)
They look goood Sam, going to have to pick 1 up
Just give him a PM for a price
If he puts a price it will get moved to the dealer forum and it is not ready for there yet.

FragTek
11-14-2003, 09:36 PM
:rolleyes:

micromag98c
11-14-2003, 10:01 PM
ok im guessing that your answere is going to be a "no" but are these going to be at the AG store in manchester ?

dinger
11-14-2003, 10:12 PM
i always loved 'em BIG 'N' BEEFY! :D

FESTUS33
11-15-2003, 12:05 AM
Damn Sam!
the first one's were heavy enough! {And mine still Whack's Me on the Leg every once in a while too let Me Know it!}
That thing could Knock Out any Attacker! L.O.L.
Look's Good so Far.
Rick :eek:

shartley
11-15-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by rpm07
I love how people read:)
They look goood Sam, going to have to pick 1 up
Just give him a PM for a price
If he puts a price it will get moved to the dealer forum and it is not ready for there yet.
Thanks.

Originally posted by micromag98c
ok im guessing that your answere is going to be a "no" but are these going to be at the AG store in manchester ?
I don’t they will be, sorry. But only because they are AO specific. However…… I will be coming out with general paintball themed ones, as well as the pendants/medallions (which will be general paintball themed as well) and I am sure if folks show an interest they will carry them (but it is up to them). As I am sure you already know, they carry my other stuff at Manchester and also at their Weare Shop (at the fields).

Originally posted by dinger
i always loved 'em BIG 'N' BEEFY! :D
Lets you know they are there. ;)

Originally posted by FESTUS33
Damn Sam!
the first one's were heavy enough! {And mine still Whack's Me on the Leg every once in a while too let Me Know it!}
That thing could Knock Out any Attacker! L.O.L.
Look's Good so Far.
Rick :eek:
LOL Yeah, these things could be marketed as a personal protection device. You don’t need a roll of quarters any more! ;) And thanks.

FESTUS33
11-15-2003, 06:06 PM
Sam
Sorry for not saying Much this summer, but I've been busy and then I was without a computer for a while. How's KHartley and the Kid's? Hope You got You're "Stang" fixed to You're Spec's!
Rick:eek:

P.S. Did'nt See You At IAO! {Closer to You than Me, but I was There!}

shartley
11-15-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by FESTUS33
Sam
Sorry for not saying Much this summer, but I've been busy and then I was without a computer for a while. How's KHartley and the Kid's? Hope You got You're "Stang" fixed to You're Spec's!
Rick:eek:

P.S. Did'nt See You At IAO! {Closer to You than Me, but I was There!}
Hey, no problem. I understand. Good to see you online again.

Everyone is just great, thanks for asking. And you and yours?

As for the Stang….. grrrrrr No, not yet. I got all the mechanical problems fixed, but there are some cosmetic issues still to be taken care of. But it will all come together with time.

As for IAO……. No, I didn’t make it. I have been WAY too busy. I have finally gotten all my large projects from my former full time work done and out of the way and switched gears to doing Shartley Customs full time. I have expanded the shop to over twice its original working space and added new equipment to handle new and more projects.

Yeah, one could say I have been a bit busy. ;)

Again…. It is great seeing you online again.

shartley
11-18-2003, 12:33 PM
Well, I just thought you would like to see a sneak peek at how the keychains are coming along.....

Here they are with the image printed, cut, and glued into one side of the keychains. They are drying now, and then will be filled in/over with clear plastic resin.

Then we just wait for it to cure!

http://www.gbsu-usa.net/shartleycustoms/customer/aosneek.jpg

robertjuric
11-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Very sweet, but what about the old ones?? Will I still be able to get one? Christmas is coming up, Id like to get one as a stocking stuff for myself :). But Im not to fond of the "club" type of key ring.

shartley
11-18-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by robertjuric
Very sweet, but what about the old ones?? Will I still be able to get one? Christmas is coming up, Id like to get one as a stocking stuff for myself :). But Im not to fond of the "club" type of key ring.
Unfortunately I am not making the smaller ones any more. Sorry. That mold was a temporary mold only designed to make a certain number of casts. The new mold is aluminum and will last me pretty much indefinitely. Also the old mold was made specifically FOR the AO Keychains, while this new one is made in a size that allows me more freedom in what I produce as the pictures in it.

I will say however, that as I have posted before, I am coming out with pendants as well (AO/AGD when/if approved by Tom… but generic paintball themes as well). So you will still be able to get stocking stuffers if you like.

robertjuric
11-18-2003, 06:00 PM
hmmm may pick one up anyways, Ill have to wait and see pics of the pendents though.

shartley
11-20-2003, 02:46 PM
Sale thread is up in Dealer's Forum!
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112354

http://gbsu-usa.net/shartleycustoms/newaokeychain.jpg

cphilip
11-20-2003, 02:49 PM
Win one of these at SE AO!!!!!

Shartley is a sponsor!

Miscue
11-20-2003, 02:50 PM
Looking good!

Dayspring
11-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Damn. Those are HOT!

You got yourself a client. As I have one of the original ones, I think this is a nice upgrade. (The old one's resin got foggy and you can barely see the logo anymore.)

cphilip
11-20-2003, 02:58 PM
You might win one Day! but they look like nice stocking stuffers too!

shartley
11-20-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Win one of these at SE AO!!!!!

Shartley is a sponsor!
Yep... just wish I had planned ahead. I could have provided more types of prizes.

Originally posted by Miscue
Looking good!
Thanks. I am very pleased at how they turned out. The printing is actually better in real life and the colors richer.

Originally posted by Dayspring
Damn. Those are HOT!

You got yourself a client. As I have one of the original ones, I think this is a nice upgrade. (The old one's resin got foggy and you can barely see the logo anymore.)
Thanks. I appreciate it.

As for the old one fogging up. I had one do that for me too (from the last batch), but I also have one here that is still crystal clear. I think it may have been the resin/catalyst balance being off for some of them. I am now using a more precise method, so this should eliminate that from happening. If you want, you can send me back the old one and I will give you a discount on the new one.

Originally posted by cphilip
You might win one Day! but they look like nice stocking stuffers too!
Yes. Yes they do. Also keep in mind that once I get my round pendent mold broken in, I will have some other stocking stuffers as well.

FalconGuy016
11-20-2003, 03:27 PM
They look very good Shartley :)

shartley
11-21-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
They look very good Shartley :)
Thanks. :)

luke
11-21-2003, 08:23 AM
Dude, those rock! ;)

shartley
01-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by luke
Dude, those rock! ;)
With thanks to you. ;) But thanks.

01-30-2004, 04:15 PM
An AO Medallion eh. You should make them Mr. T but in Platinum. We can be the AO Wankstars. Bling Bling shizzy nizzy.:rolleyes:

MarkM
01-30-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by 845
AO Wankstars. Bling Bling shizzy nizzy.:rolleyes:
You just have no idea of how you shouldn't call yourselves that but then you are american ;) :D :p