PDA

View Full Version : mag misfiring

LeglessDog
11-14-2003, 06:54 PM
when the marker is gassed up, it either does nothing, or fires once randomly . . . after firing, it may fire properly 5-10 times, then there is suddenly a loud leak coming from the bore of the gun . . . when I pull the trigger of the booyaa frame, the leak slows a bit . . . if I loosen the velocity knob a LOT, the leak stops . . .

ask me any questions you may have, and thanks a bunch for any help

ChucktheMAGician
11-14-2003, 09:31 PM
Do you have a stock frame laying around anywhere? It may be easier to get things working right w/ that. It would also help narrow the problems down as to whether they were Boo-yaah or valve related. It sounds like a combination of a couple of things. Are you using level 10 or 7? Using a screw in N2 tank?

LeglessDog
11-14-2003, 11:10 PM
i can get my hands on a stock frame probably . . . however, i dont know if the gun would function properly anyway, as doesn't it need a different on/off pin?

as far as I know, the bolt is probably a 7 . . . what is a quick way to tell the difference? and yes, i'm using a screw in HPA tank

the leak seems to be coming from around the bolt, inside the bore of the marker . . . assuming that the problem is NOT with the booyaa, what do you think it could be?

athomas
11-17-2003, 03:10 PM
Check your powertube o-ring to start. What is the condition of your bolt, specifically the edge that the sear catches? What is the condition of the sear?