PDA

View Full Version : New Matthew Reilly book

Warewolf50
11-14-2003, 10:35 PM
Heres the deal, Matthew Reilly has released a new book called Scarecrow. I am a huge Reilly fan and I am shure there are others on AO who love all of his books. The problem is that he is an Australian author so his book is only in Australia right now. I am not shure if any Ausi book sellers ship international. Anyone have any tips on how i can get ahold of this book. The release date in the US is in Feb, I really cant wait that long.
Ryan

sharpshooter1286
11-14-2003, 11:33 PM
i-have-the-same-problem

PyRo
11-14-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by sharpshooter1286
i-have-the-same-problem

Go-Buy-A-Damn-KEYBOARD!!!!
They-cost-about-$2

Koosh
11-15-2003, 12:52 AM
I kind of like Matt Reilly... Some of his plot are a tad bit too over the top though.

Ice Station was good, Area 7 was good, Temple just plain sucked though... I'm all for suspending my disbelief that one man can dive in water, attach a bomb to a submarine and swim away like in Ice Station... but Disarming a superbomb while free falling, AND using a jet pack to land safely? thats just umm... TOO hard to believe.

But they are fun books to read, lots of death, lots of action. I might pick up the new one, but I'm not ordering it from austraila or anything like that.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
11-15-2003, 11:52 AM
Do it EBAY!!!

sharpshooter1286
11-15-2003, 12:54 PM
pyro i have one, the one on the other computer the space bar, the N and the B dont work but this one is just fine

Warewolf50
11-15-2003, 06:27 PM
I thought temple was a pretty cool book. I just thought how he made it so it was like 2 storys but they had to do with each other.

sharpshooter1286
11-16-2003, 10:59 AM
no no no koosh, he doesnt disarm it in time and he hides inside its like protective case or shell or something, and it like blows him really high into the air, then the jet pack activates itself cuz its falling

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
11-16-2003, 12:27 PM
Which book is his best one?
(I need to start reading more often)

sharpshooter1286
11-16-2003, 12:40 PM
i would have to say ice station or area 7, i didnt like conquest or temple as much as those two. the new book scarecrow is the main characters call sign from ice station and area 7, so this should be a good one. i also heard this is supposed to be the most action packed of all of them right from the get-go

Warewolf50
11-16-2003, 04:19 PM
Ice station is the best, and u have to read it before aera 7 because aera 7 uses the same characters from icestation and dosent set them up as well. If u havent read temple dont read below, this is about the end of the book. About temple, remeber he is falling out of the plane in the tank and he has to remeber the code to disarm the bomb, and the code turns out to be elvis pen number from the army. And when the tank is about to hit the ground the jetpack activates.

Uhh u mean contest not conquest. Ohh and i know the new book is gonna be amazing. How can it be more action packed than ICE Station that book was nothing but action.