PDA

View Full Version : Why AGD not allowed to make Xmag bodies?

FalconGuy016
11-15-2003, 04:27 PM
I know its been asked many times why there are so few xmags in production. The common answer is that they are shipped from Europe and that takes a while (and there arent a whole lot of them). Is this because AGD is not ALLOWED to make them, or physically can not make them? If they are not allowed to, that would be stupid. Why wouldnt AGDE allow it?

dinger
11-15-2003, 04:30 PM
hah... i thought that it was the golden rule of "quality preferred over time"

guess im wrong :/

hostage
11-15-2003, 04:39 PM
I've heard this and I kind of agree, its a way to put an artificial demand on it. The high demand and low supply boosts the price of the marker. I am trying to get some bodies from AGDE and they say they have to ask Tom and they tell me he hasn't touched base with them about it. Kind of sad that I am willing to spend a lot of money on raw bodies, which they have and they wont sell.
-Doron

Benfica4ever
11-15-2003, 04:42 PM
The X-mag bodies have to go to Europe to be milled and then shipped to somwere in the usa to be anno'd.
So it takes a while for them to get all done.
And if they mass produce them the quality wont be as good.
And just the milling takes a while...
correct me if i am wrong.

hostage
11-15-2003, 04:43 PM
Actually the use a dye extrusion, which puts metal in one way and the basic shape out of the other end. After that they mill and annodize it.
-Doron

Miscue
11-15-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
I know its been asked many times why there are so few xmags in production. The common answer is that they are shipped from Europe and that takes a while (and there arent a whole lot of them). Is this because AGD is now ALLOWED to make them, or physically can not make them? If they are not allowed to, that would be stupid. Why wouldnt AGDE allow it?

Because AGDE is a separate entity that owns the XMag design.

Kevmaster
11-15-2003, 04:49 PM
AGD E owned by John Sosta designed and PATENTED the X-Mag body design. AGD US liscences them from AGD E and buys them. I'm sure if there was a place that would do it cheaper, AGD US would use them and pay royalties to AGDE, however, AGDE can do it cheapest...although in SMALL quantities

p8ntball1016
11-15-2003, 04:51 PM
but airgun designs is the parent company of agd europe, and therefore has some say over the product being produced.

FalconGuy016
11-15-2003, 05:01 PM
I realized I had a pretty bad typo in there, I hope it didnt confuse anyone (now = not)

adam shannon
11-15-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by p8ntball1016
but airgun designs is the parent company of agd europe, and therefore has some say over the product being produced.

agde is an independantly owned franchise. other than buying the rights to be the europe distributor and use the name they are a seperate company.

IWANTMOREMAGS
11-16-2003, 11:10 AM
hmm sounds kinda like smart parts only on a lower level....

mayb not:rolleyes:

p8ntball1016
11-16-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by adam shannon

agde is an independantly owned franchise. other than buying the rights to be the europe distributor and use the name they are a seperate company. oh i see. agd here is like the taco bell corp office and a taco bell and theyre just like a taco bell that makes a super taco. sorry about the taco bell thingy.

Bolter
11-16-2003, 03:17 PM
AGDE John Sosta's company is called Powerpulse Products.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
11-16-2003, 04:18 PM
In my opinion, AGD should just buy one of Nicad's body designs and make an X-Mag using that body

FooTemps
11-16-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
In my opinion, AGD should just buy one of Nicad's body designs and make an X-Mag using that body

That would only be a c&c emag since you can't use the modular breeches without infringing on AGDE's patent.

p8ntball1016
11-16-2003, 04:28 PM
i think that agd should buy out agde. but money would be a problem.

speedyejl
11-16-2003, 04:55 PM
Does the Matrices modular breeches infringe on AGDEs patent?

Why not make a swivel feed like on Novas.

FooTemps
11-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by speedyejl
Does the Matrices modular breeches infringe on AGDEs patent?

Why not make a swivel feed like on Novas.

Well, is the other design patented? the xmag breech and the matrix breech system are different.

speedyejl
11-16-2003, 05:03 PM
Yes, but still extremely simliar. They are basically identical besides the fact the Mags breech doesn't contain the threads in it. Which personally I think is worse, eh lol

Kevmaster
11-16-2003, 07:11 PM
I've never seen the matrixes...but how does it lock in if the barrel threads are on the breech?

speedyejl
11-16-2003, 07:19 PM
Breech rod, from back of marker. The breech rod also holds the back plate in place which serves as a cosemtic cover for the backwall and lets you change batteries in a matter of seconds.

Top Secret
11-16-2003, 08:39 PM
I don't think a Matrix-style breech design would be feasible on a mag. With the Xmag breech, you just have to make sure your barrel is on tight.

speedyejl
11-16-2003, 08:53 PM
It could be possible with side thumb screws