PDA

View Full Version : Can you buy proteam bodies

blakdragon21
11-15-2003, 08:23 PM
I was wondering if you cpuild just buyt the proteam bodies or he micro mag bodies?

rikkter
11-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by blakdragon21
I was wondering if you cpuild just buyt the proteam bodies or he micro mag bodies?

best bet would to call them.
and slow down while you type :p

FutureMagOwner
11-15-2003, 09:17 PM
yeah you can buy them you have to email them or call them up to order though i think

adam shannon
11-15-2003, 09:43 PM
i bought just a micro body way back when, call them and they will quote you a price.

cphilip
11-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Yea you can...but they think a lot of them.

A ULE body is a better choice as it's cheaper and has several design advantages including a better more versatile Detente system,`replaceable changable feed neck and it's lighter. The PTP detente system can be squirrely and its protietary and only available from them. You can use any Angel detente in the ULE. Plus there is no need to mess with the on off pin and stuff to get em working. They use stock stuff as they still keep the rail in the ULE. This makes everything line up just like normal mags. Not so the PTP body.

All the way around your best off with a ULE. You can even get one of the fancy Sluggo based ones for what they want for a PTP one.

RT pRo AuToMaG
11-16-2003, 05:58 AM
DO NOT GET A PTP BODY. The tolerances are horrible. I had one, it broke on me, got it fixed, worked for a while until I traded it when the guy recieved it, the damn thing was broken again! get a ULE or some other body.

Timmee
11-16-2003, 08:49 AM
Hey, if you do decide to call PTP about Micromag bodies, could you do me a favor? Ask them when the new PTP Micro-Cocker bodies are going to get from design stage (read as the we forgot to work on it stage) to saleable stage. I called them maybe a year or more ago, asking about the Micro-Cocker, and they said it was being redesigned for re-release.

Cilio - Knightmare Tango
11-16-2003, 09:03 PM
I have two Micro's, have had no problems and really like them. They are a nice gun and the combined rail/body is a plus. The one bothersome thing about the Micro's is the most recent body is heavier and larger than the one before. I just built a ULE Mag because it's compact like my older Micro and light. They(PTP) really do need to redesign the body and make in compact and lighter. IMHO: AGD needs to go away from the non 45 carbon grip frames and use quality aluminum like the I-frame.

I've found the PTP ball detent design to work very well and it's durable... I do however like the new ULE detent and the availability of the detents.