PDA

View Full Version : How can anyone with any sense justify voting for a Democrat?

Rooster
11-16-2003, 12:57 AM
Howard Dean wants to subsidize college education with increasing tax dollars. That means every man and woman working in this country will have to subsidize some brat getting loaded and missing classes. Unbeleivable. My family is poor. I got a degree by working full time the entire time I was in college. I stayed sober becuase I didn't have enough money for beer. And now this jerk wants to give my money to some scumbag puking in a dorm hallway? I don't think so. I'll keep whats mine.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
11-16-2003, 02:05 AM
Lets Put it this way It's not that Bush will win but (insert democrat) here will lose. And if I actually could vote right now it would be for an independent party.

graycie
11-16-2003, 02:11 AM
democrats wanting to raise taxes, thats old news

Jonneh
11-16-2003, 02:18 AM
In 100% of cases, a person with a college education helps no other person than themselves in their entire lifetime.

PyRo
11-16-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Jonneh
In 100% of cases, a person with a college education helps no other person than themselves in their entire lifetime.
Hmm, I don't think thats entirely true, but for the mostpart I agree.

trevorjk
11-16-2003, 02:31 AM
hmm pyro your getting your degree right? when have you ever helped some one on these boards?

point proven case closed:p

PyRo
11-16-2003, 02:32 AM
Blah, look in the tech forums, I try :)

Restola
11-16-2003, 02:58 AM
Raising taxes is a nice way of saying "redistribution of wealth".

They are taking your money and giving it to someone who didn't earn it. In most cases it should be considered theft.

RoadDawg
11-16-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Restola
Raising taxes is a nice way of saying "redistribution of wealth".

They are taking your money and giving it to someone who didn't earn it. In most cases it should be considered theft.

Ha and Republicans don't do the same? Sounds like a bunch of he said she said finger pointing hoopla to me. Case in point to go against the Republicans is 89 Billion to Iraq. Nuff said I'm done with this thread.

TransMan
11-16-2003, 03:16 AM
Yes but the money going to Iraq is going there because we blew up there country and now we have to rebuild it.

Konigballer
11-16-2003, 04:03 AM
yeah but who's idea was that?

I'd a voted for a democrat maybe 40 years ago when they were'nt all so limp wristed and completely out of touch with reality.

RT pRo AuToMaG
11-16-2003, 04:14 AM
heh, another thing we should get rid of is welfare, if you are too weak to work, you probably qualify for disability, and just give senior citizens over 64 that don't have a job like 2k a month. You make more on welfare then working a minimum wage job, and really, if you are on welfare it would almost be stupid of you to get a job and make less money then to make more money doing something. I know, there are some people who really do need it, but probably half of the people that have it dont need it.

As far as 85 billion to Iraq, that is stupid. If you are gonna rebuild it, don't bomb it in the first place. We should have never gone into Iraq, we have enough problems in our own country, we don't need to solve anyone else's problems. I support our troops, but I don't support the ******* that put them there. Bush has really f-ed up this country. He puts the mock in democracy. He's too dumb to eat a pretzel, but smart enough to rig an election. But that's not saying I wanted Gore in the white house either. I hate them both. And sure, maybe Bush has done some good things for our country, but for the most part, he's screwed us over. If you want to get rid of Iraq, nuke their asses, blow them out of existance, if you are gonna blow up their country and rebuild it, using your own money, getting your own soldiers killed, then you are a fool.

Main points are, tax money is a joke. It gets given to poor people too lazy to work (well, some people really need it, but not most) and it gets given to countries that we blow up, costing us money in weapons, rebuilding, and the lives of people trying to do the right thing serving their country. It's a shame people are actually getting killed, hundreds of people are getting killed for the ignorance of one man. Maybe the quality of life will be better for the Iraquis, I don't really know, I don't live there and I don't want to go there, but we should have fixed our own problems before fixing someone else's.

-Carnifex-
11-16-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by RoadDawg

Ha and Republicans don't do the same? Sounds like a bunch of he said she said finger pointing hoopla to me. Case in point to go against the Republicans is 89 Billion to Iraq. Nuff said I'm done with this thread.

That's all politics is. They did this be no, we would never, ever, do something akin to it.

So, if I go to college is automatically won't do anything for the world?

Restola
11-16-2003, 10:49 AM
Ha and Republicans don't do the same?
Exactly why I'm not a republican.

They are the same.

ChucktheMAGician
11-16-2003, 11:44 AM
Yeah especially all of those teachers and doctors, they're sooo self centered:rolleyes:

bornl33t
11-16-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by ChucktheMAGician

Yeah especially all of those teachers and doctors, they're sooo self centered:rolleyes:

that's why we all make a 6 figure salary like doctors :D

Miscue
11-16-2003, 01:43 PM
There are a lot of people who legitimately need welfare. The problem is, it's hard to sort out those who really need it from those who are just lazy bastages taking advantage of the system.

mxrider250
11-16-2003, 01:54 PM
Go Dean

Rooster
11-16-2003, 02:08 PM
Yeah, Go Dean. Right off the nearest bridge.

1stdeadeye
11-16-2003, 02:11 PM

Hey Wanker,

I have a degree and guess what? I spent all day yesterday working at my Lions Club Charity Spaghetti Dinner. After volunteering from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM with a short break to come home and change, we delivered the leftovers to a halfway house for youths.

If you were kidding, you forgot the ;) , if not, then you are a fool.

P.S. Most cops and teachers have degrees and could earn far more money NOT being in public service!

p8ntball1016
11-16-2003, 02:11 PM
lets go bush. were fighting two wars, we have a crappy economy, havent found wmd, everyone hates us. hes the best president ever.:rolleyes:

gamarada717
11-16-2003, 02:31 PM

Yeah, but there was a good reason to spend that 89 billion dollars. It was spent so that America wouldn't be destroyed. I can understand that kind of thing, but this whole college thing I don't understand. If it's a small ammount, then fine. A small ammount can do a lot, but like Restola said, it's kind of like stealing and giving to people who are lazy or made bad decisions in their life. People like Rooster, who said his family was poor, said that he worked full time and didn't get drunk and all of that. I wouldn't mind giving a small share of my money to him, because he is actually trying to do something with his life. The problem is, that it would be impossible to sort out all of these people and pay them through taxes. It would be too hard, and it wouldn't be fair to most, because someone would get cheated out of the money.

On the whole democrat republican talk, when I'm 18 in four years, I really won't care about what party to vote for. I'll vote for whoever has the thoughts that I have, or the best goals compared to others. I wish that more independant parties would rise to power, because it really shouldn't be about the whole, "rich getting richer" or the "rich getting poorer and the poor getting richer". It should be about what's best for our country.

(Please keep in mind that I'm only 14 and I'm probably wrong about everything. My oppinion really doesn't count, because I've probably learned alot of false information that I'm basing all of this off)

Collegeboy
11-16-2003, 02:43 PM
This is a great program put forth by Dean. Too many kids in this country are not given the chance to go to college or receive a higher education when their dreams depend on such a step, (no I am not saying everyone needs to go to college.) You might be paying a dollar a month out of your check in order to make sure that Johnny down the road who does not receive the same privileges as you gets to try and make something out of his life. It is a small price to pay. This is also just one step closer to getting rid of affirmative action in education funding.

Welfare as I have shown in countless other threads is more to the benefit of the upper classes then it is to the lower classes.

On another note, how can anyone not making 100,000 a year vote republican. :rolleyes: (Probably just as pointless of a question as the first one.

Miscue
11-16-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by gamarada717

Yeah, but there was a good reason to spend that 89 billion dollars. It was spent so that America wouldn't be destroyed. I can understand that kind of thing, but this whole college thing I don't understand. If it's a small ammount, then fine. A small ammount can do a lot, but like Restola said, it's kind of like stealing and giving to people who are lazy or made bad decisions in their life. People like Rooster, who said his family was poor, said that he worked full time and didn't get drunk and all of that. I wouldn't mind giving a small share of my money to him, because he is actually trying to do something with his life. The problem is, that it would be impossible to sort out all of these people and pay them through taxes. It would be too hard, and it wouldn't be fair to most, because someone would get cheated out of the money.

On the whole democrat republican talk, when I'm 18 in four years, I really won't care about what party to vote for. I'll vote for whoever has the thoughts that I have, or the best goals compared to others. I wish that more independant parties would rise to power, because it really shouldn't be about the whole, "rich getting richer" or the "rich getting poorer and the poor getting richer". It should be about what's best for our country.

(Please keep in mind that I'm only 14 and I'm probably wrong about everything. My oppinion really doesn't count, because I've probably learned alot of false information that I'm basing all of this off)

Well... at 14 you seem to understand things better than some people much older than you. :p

Miscue
11-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Collegeboy
This is a great program put forth by Dean. Too many kids in this country are not given the chance to go to college or receive a higher education when their dreams depend on such a step, (no I am not saying everyone needs to go to college.) You might be paying a dollar a month out of your check in order to make sure that Johnny down the road who does not receive the same privileges as you gets to try and make something out of his life. It is a small price to pay. This is also just one step closer to getting rid of affirmative action in education funding.

Welfare as I have shown in countless other threads is more to the benefit of the upper classes then it is to the lower classes.

On another note, how can anyone not making 100,000 a year vote republican. :rolleyes: (Probably just as pointless of a question as the first one.

They can join the military and go to school using the GI Bill. Why should I pay for their school when that is available, and I paid for my school myself by working almost full-time? Why should I care about someone's dreams when they are unwilling to work for it like I have?

bleachit
11-16-2003, 02:55 PM
how hard is it to go to community college, get some loans, then move on to a 4 year college?? they dont need the govt to pay for them to go. if "johnny down the road" doesnt have the same priviledges as all the other people in the world, tell him to get off his lazy butt and go into his high school library and do some research. after all, there is ton of scholarships and grants that he can get.

nippinout
11-16-2003, 02:59 PM
In 8th grade, my history teacher told us how anyone who wants it bad enough, can go to college.

Join the military, work during the summer and school year, loans, grants, and scholarships. It isn't just jocks and nerds that can go.

I'm using loans to go to school. Amazing... People feel that they should be able to go to school and not work hard at getting there.

I have friends that don't work much during the school year, but during the summer they work full-time and are able to afford going to school.

Dean's idea has good intentions but we already have the tools for education no matter how much or how little money you have.

Miscue
11-16-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by bleachit
how hard is it to go to community college, get some loans, then move on to a 4 year college?? they dont need the govt to pay for them to go. if "johnny down the road" doesnt have the same priviledges as all the other people in the world, tell him to get off his lazy butt and go into his high school library and do some research. after all, there is ton of scholarships and grants that he can get.

I'm about 18K down the hole for grad school. Nobody is helping me pay for this. I'm not complaining that the government didn't help me pay for school. Actually, they DID! With federal loans that help made it possible to do graduate school. If people get additional help for school via taxes... I'm doubly screwed in that I received no free money and now I'm giving someone else money. WTF?

gamarada717
11-16-2003, 03:14 PM
A better way to do this would be to find a way to encourage everyone to help in scholarship programs. That way, they have to earn it. I think that if this law or whatever it is, was passed, then alot of scholarships would die down. Why give them money for being good at a certain something when everyone else gives them money for just being in existance?

bleachit
11-16-2003, 03:26 PM
I am getting maybe $500 from NY's tuition assistance program. I am closing in on $10k in loans, if not more. Thats only because I did go to community college before transferring.

Lohman446
11-16-2003, 03:26 PM
Find me an example of someone who worked hard in highschool, worked hard to find the scholarships and government programs out there, was denied government loans, worked full time and still could not afford to go to college - at that point I might consider the need to help. Then again, I might point out that if college is a requirement than we should redefine our government paid K-12 education system.

CaliWagon31
11-16-2003, 04:55 PM
the democrats have always been about raising taxes and such, they r just trying to get the lower classes vote for the next election. I am not trying to be derogetory, but that is what happening. I am with most of you guys, i worked hard for the money i have, and i am gunna keep it. We have enough to pay for as it is, i dont want to have to pay for someone elses college education when the prices just keep going higher

cphilip
11-16-2003, 05:15 PM
This thread is a violation of the rules.

Read em

Closed.