PDA

View Full Version : Is Evil Omen a Cocker?

ADiaz
11-16-2003, 09:09 PM
I was jsut wonder my friend told me that the evil omen is an auto cocker but i just wanted to get other people's input to make sure because i cant find it out anywhere?

Python14
11-16-2003, 09:10 PM
nope, not an autococker. Your friend forfeits 100 pts. and 30% of his pride to my vast knowledge of paintball and paintball accesories.

manike
11-16-2003, 09:13 PM
Not by a long way.

Many of the 'actions' that make people think it is a cocker are actually 'faked', i.e. the back block doesn't actually pick up the hammer via the cocking rod (it picks it up internally).

It is in effect a closed bolt blowback gun.

tony3
11-16-2003, 10:38 PM
The back block is just there for the bling effect.

paintballfeign
11-16-2003, 10:47 PM
so how does it work and is it a good gun, and whats with the feed tube being off to the side.

ramennoodles
11-16-2003, 10:49 PM
the one-legged guy in my pbgear.com catalog says its good, lets pretend like we trusthime and pretend we don't think hes a pirate.

redlaser666
11-17-2003, 02:21 AM
The omen is basicaly a closed bolt pirhana. It uses a spring to close the bolt. When you pull the trigger, the sear (like in an electro spyder) drops, and the hammer hits the valve. Then the blowback gas pushes a sleeve connected to the bolt in the hammer chamber, this is the action that recocks the gun and opens the breach. Then when the bolt goes all the way back a cam in the feedneck (reason why its oddly placed) feeds a ball, then the bolt closes by spring presure again.

They are thus closed bolt blowbacks. And have plenty of kick. The only thing autocockeris about them us the barrel threads.

Hope this helps.

bunkermaster10
11-17-2003, 03:57 AM
Omens= kick like a mual.
Most cockers= hardly any kick, if any.

By the way I really hate omens they feel cheap and kick soooo bad. But they can rip fairly easy. But chop a lot.

NJPaint
11-17-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by bunkermaster10
Omens= kick like a mual.
Most cockers= hardly any kick, if any.

By the way I really hate omens they feel cheap and kick soooo bad. But they can rip fairly easy. But chop a lot.

chop a lot? They have a CAM feed...

bunkermaster10
11-17-2003, 07:13 AM
Yea I had played with one all day and it was horrible. I chopped all day. I heard other people talking also about how they chop a lot. Maybe something was wrong w/ it (I doubt), but I've heard a lot of other people say that also (chopping).

Pacifist_Farmer
11-17-2003, 07:34 AM
Im pretty sure the correct name for that type of gun is a "focker"

aaron_mag
11-17-2003, 11:04 AM
I have an Omen. It does kick and it is a closed bolt piranha with a cam feed (and electronic trigger).

It is a PAIN in the butt to set up (get both velocity and cocking pressure correct) but when it is set up the thing does not chop. It is really nice. My stepson uses the Omen (and loves it) while I use my Automag. Still when we switch the Omen is a really fun marker to play with.

Good marker but probably way overpriced. Should be like $300 to $350. Then you would be getting a pretty good bang for the buck.

bryceeden
11-18-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by ramennoodles
the one-legged guy in my pbgear.com catalog says its good, lets pretend like we trusthime and pretend we don't think hes a pirate.
Don't trust Dale, he is my company's biggest competetor.

Ov3rmind
11-18-2003, 05:27 PM
Dale Dale Dale, he needs to stop pushing all the other UT paintball stores/fields around. Amazing player for only having one leg though.

RiddalinJunkie08
11-18-2003, 08:16 PM
I have an Omen and no, they are not like 'Cockers at all.
And as to them chopping, I have had mine about 4 months and 3 cases throught it and have yet to chop. I used 32* and got some barrel breaks but then again, it's 32*.
-Mark-

bryceeden
11-18-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
Dale Dale Dale, he needs to stop pushing all the other UT paintball stores/fields around. Amazing player for only having one leg though.

Yeh, but Millennium has him lowering his prices and trying to schedual events on top of ours, so we must have him scarred or something.

aaron_mag
11-19-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by bryceeden

Yeh, but Millennium has him lowering his prices and trying to schedual events on top of ours, so we must have him scarred or something.

Wasn't this thread about Omen's and not about Utah paintball competition wars? I'm not trying to be rude but I don't think that turning this thread into a flame war over something else would serve anyone......

As for the Omen the cam feed really does work BUT as I said above it can be a pain to dial in. If you want to go to the field and chrono in 30 seconds and get playing and not worry about chops then go with the Level 10 automag!!!! :D