PDA

View Full Version : Pb Clothing

theguy
11-16-2003, 09:55 PM
Why is it that most of the brands of paintball gear/clothing out there recommend you to hand wash and hang dry their products? I can understand that jerseys and pants such as mine that are made of primarily nylon have the posibility of shrinking or being susceptible to damage during the "centrifuge" process, but apparently in my case they have turned out just fine. Has anyone ever had their gear ravaged in machine wash/dry? :confused:

Torbo
11-16-2003, 10:13 PM
no, but im sure not gonna take the chance, concidering the price of the items..... like $110 for jersey and pants...ya know?

theguy
11-16-2003, 11:49 PM
True, though mine don't add up to that :D .

MrWallen
11-17-2003, 12:16 AM
I don't think they reccomend hand washing, machine is ok (at least on my DYE Jersey/Pants it is). But if you machine dry too much (like my friend did) your jersey starts getting little fuzzies (only way to describe them) all over, not cool looking or feeling :( .

Eatem Alive
11-17-2003, 12:39 AM
wash them inside out. keeps the outside looking new.

speedyejl
11-17-2003, 12:46 AM
I soak my jereseys, pants, tank covers, headbands, in the slop sink with some Downy (mountain spring if your intrested) for about an hour or so. Most the paint is out by then, then I just throw them for a rinse cycle in the washing machine. Throw them in the dryer on fluff air, and everything comes out looking new, every time.

Nick O time
11-17-2003, 01:07 AM
i just put mine in the wash then throw it in the dryer on delicate and air fluff and it turns out fine. we got a nicer dryer and washer system though so that could also factor in.(stackable Maytag washer and dryer)

InexactMelissa
11-17-2003, 08:03 AM
I've found that the velcro used in some of the products is so agressive that it will shred other stuff in the wash. At the end of the day I usually wash the tank covers, condoms and packs in the slop sink; jerseys and cotton stuff in one load; and the Dye pants (really vicious velcro) in a load with sturdy stuff like towels or jeans. The neoprene, Coolmax and nylon all hang in the shower to dry - it only takes a couple hours anyway and eliminates the chance of meltdown.

flip-queen
11-17-2003, 10:44 AM
Draxxus pants seem to do a little melting in the dryer...atleast in my experience. The plastic tabs on the zippers (which I was told to remove anyways) melted into little balls...and the insides of the pant legs kinda stuck together, but I was able to pull them apart. Nothing too bad. The pants didn't look any different outwardly.

Then again...being a poverty-stricken college student, I do have to do all my laundry at the laundromat. Those dryers are pretty harsh. But, lesson learned...I don't dry my pb stuff in the dryer anymore.

cphilip
11-17-2003, 10:47 AM
No paintball outfit is complete without one of these...

http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/Tshirt.jpg

hitech
11-17-2003, 12:50 PM
All my stuff, including the CSG jersey gets washed in the washing machine on normal or heavy duty cycle. Never had a problem.

f3rr3+
11-17-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by speedyejl
I soak my jereseys, pants, tank covers, headbands, in the slop sink with some Downy (mountain spring if your intrested) for about an hour or so. Most the paint is out by then, then I just throw them for a rinse cycle in the washing machine. Throw them in the dryer on fluff air, and everything comes out looking new, every time.

I was my dye pants, tank cover, battle swab, gloves, SP fighter jersey, beanies, ski hat, socks, undershirt all together in the washer on warm-warm and then i put them in the dryer on air fluff... looks brand spankin new every time. :D

Infact the only paintball equipment ive had shrink on me were the addias turfs i threw in the washer... now i just wipe em down :rolleyes:

Lohman446
11-17-2003, 08:41 PM
Funny my jeans and t-shirt have never had a problem with the washer or the dryer.

One of the greatest things is to hang out in jeans and t-shirt and watch people. All the newbs thing your nuts "doesn't it hurt" and all the experienced players (visiting) think your a newb. Then you destroy everyone during the game - oh... wait I only have step one down in that process, it sucks to have no skill.

speedyejl
11-17-2003, 08:47 PM
Get a jersey and pants, trust me when you look good you play good.

Lohman446
11-17-2003, 08:55 PM
Actually, and I assume this - jerseys, especially when bought in X large, instantly increase your time in game. X large jerseys promote bouncing, Im also fairly certain that the nylon pants thingies would bounce and let slide much more paint then my denim jeans.

However, when people don't know me and ask me what I'm shooting and I tell them an old Mag they kind of laugh about it. Of course when I uncase the set up and start sizing the paint to my barrel kit... you'd be amazed how often I hear "exactly how long have you played"

speedyejl
11-17-2003, 09:14 PM
sizing is for noobs!!

(ironically it actually sort of is)

f3rr3+
11-17-2003, 09:56 PM
explain how :P "sizing is for newbs"

speedyejl
11-17-2003, 10:13 PM
Ok, then

When you size your paint you increase the chance of barrel breaks. If a larger ball then the rest goes through (who knows maybe a drop of sweat landed on the ball and it inflated, its something that happens even if your shooting ultra e, or chronic), you might get a barrel break. Many "tournment" players will use an oversized barrel to prevent barrel breaks, to me and I'm sure many others breaks are completely unacceptable in any shape or form. .692 Ultralites seem to be the most prevalant barrel everywhere in tourments. The effect on accuracy when using a larger bore is pretty minimal (I shoot .689 Amp on a normal basis through my .692 Sceptor insert on my trix and its ball on ball). The main effect is efficiency which is really only important if your paying for each air fill or co2 fill, per fill. Or if you intend to go out to distant woods ball feilds where you can't get fills.

f3rr3+
11-17-2003, 10:15 PM
ok you win... i only have one insert anyways :P

(one insert for my 03 rat.. chose blue because of color to match gun.. not because of size :P)

Zumina
11-17-2003, 10:52 PM
The only problem with a large bore barrel is roll-out. I used a Big Shot for the longest time for the very same reason speed. Currently, I use a CP two peice with .685 and .689 backs. That allows me to completely eliminate the risk of roll-out with small paints and shoot pretty much everything under the sun.

speedyejl
11-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Heh roll outs only a problem if you have a closed bolt marker.

Bad_Dog
11-17-2003, 11:17 PM
I stick my Redz flex tech pack in the washing machine, then let it air dry for the fear of melting the "pleather" type pod holders...