11-17-2003, 05:41 PM
http://www.sticksuicide.com/ss/void/mtv.asp

EsPo
11-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Dead kennedys - MTV get off the air

You'd like that song.

painball
11-17-2003, 06:13 PM
Quite the little punk aren't ya? I don't like labels of any sort. I don't assign myself to a certain group. I am myself.

As for MTV...yes it sucks. Don't watch it. Simple as that.

penguinpunk555
11-17-2003, 06:13 PM
They read my mind!

p8ntball1016
11-17-2003, 06:16 PM
"Hi, I'm MTV. I single-handedly destroyed the music scene. I paved the way to enable money-hungry fakes to make the big bucks in the industry, while real musicians suffer. The punk especially. Today, what little girls wearing volcom and hurley, sideways mesh hats, ties and arm warmers consider punk is far from the original. Punk was a way of life, not a way of dressing to be cool. Punk's foundation was carved in subversion and distortion, not crappy sugar fairy, mtv pop-punk. Because of MTV, punk is dead. Die hard fans still exist, longing for a day when REAL punk returns, a day they will never see..."

EsPo
11-17-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by penguinepunk555
They read my mind!
I thought punk was all about rebellion.. yeah, you and your pie rev are sure a bunch of rebels.. :rolleyes:

p8ntball1016
11-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by EsPo

I thought punk was all about rebellion.. yeah, you and your pie rev are sure a bunch of rebels.. :rolleyes: dont speak ill of the revolution.

EsPo
11-17-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by p8ntball1016
dont speak ill of the revolution.
I'll speak ill of whoever I want to, especially if i have more posts than you.

Lohman446
11-17-2003, 06:58 PM

I'll speak ill of whoever I want to, especially if i have more posts than you.

My thoughts on this likely break forum rules so I guess I will have to keep them to myself.

I, however, am trying hard to get a higher post count, so I too can be better than everyone on this forum :). (J/king)

laxkid
11-17-2003, 07:09 PM
that is completly true and wtf is up with rap and cribs danmit and have you heared of the show were the follow a bunch of F ing rich B*tches every day and see what they do that is messed up come on and what is up with thos posers the need to stop in my home room there is like 10 of those kids all of the kids that are die hard punk wear regular clothes like jeans and khakis and t shirts that say stuff like polo and <B>*POOF*</B>

<B>*Warning: No Cussing*</B> -Miscue

Rooster
11-17-2003, 07:11 PM
"I'll speak ill of whoever I want to, especially if i have more posts than you."

Ok, first I was agreeing with this little guy, but now that he drops the dreaded post count bomb, I have to step in. Only the prepubecent with absolutely no social lives refer to anything vaguely resembling anything about post count. I'm sorry to bring your sad little world down around your ears, but post count does not equal jock size, little boy.

Lohman446
11-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Rooster.. you just destroyed my only goal in life... now I have no purpose in getting a high post count cause... :) After all, what good is it if you don't think its cool (though I do agree with you).

Rooster
11-17-2003, 07:21 PM
The only thing I find cool is OSU at #2 in the BCS, so you have no hope.

penguinpunk555
11-17-2003, 07:31 PM

I thought punk was all about rebellion.. yeah, you and your pie rev are sure a bunch of rebels.. :rolleyes:

I dropped out of pie rev. I realized it was stupid but I sitll like pie. I'm just saying that thats exactly what I think. You belong in PBN.It is a lifestyle i rebellious life style.

EsPo
11-17-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Lohman446
(J/king)
I was too... Just trying to start with pie rev members :)

I comend you penguin.

penguinpunk555
11-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Wow, was that a small section of respect from EsPo I'm shocked.

painball
11-17-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by laxkid
that are die hard punk wear regular clothes like jeans and khakis and t shirts that say stuff like polo and sh*t

So?? Who gives a damn what someone chooses to wear??? Maybe some people dont wanna waste the money going to Pacsun to get "punk" clothes.

What I mean is you are an idiot. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

spazzed
11-17-2003, 08:47 PM
The idiocy in the thread is giving me a headache. :rolleyes: :eek:

Lohman446
11-17-2003, 08:56 PM
Oh oh... I can be more punk than you can.

Oh... wait a minute, no I can't nevermind.

EsPo
11-17-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Rooster
"I'll speak ill of whoever I want to, especially if i have more posts than you."

Ok, first I was agreeing with this little guy, but now that he drops the dreaded post count bomb, I have to step in. Only the prepubecent with absolutely no social lives refer to anything vaguely resembling anything about post count. I'm sorry to bring your sad little world down around your ears, but post count does not equal jock size, little boy.
Seems the more 'mature' people get, the more they can't take jokes.

;)

Penguin- Yes I'm a big jerk.

RetroEclipseMan
11-17-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by painball

So?? Who gives a damn what someone chooses to wear??? Maybe some people dont wanna waste the money going to Pacsun to get "punk" clothes.

What I mean is you are an idiot. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more with ya. He's probably the same kid that begs his mom for money so he can go buy the hippest clothes at hot topic just so he can try and be more "punk" than everyone. Face it people, like grunge punk is dead and is never coming back and whether you like it or not it was never about what you wore but how hard you could throw your fist in the air.

f3rr3+
11-17-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Rooster

LMGDAO!!!!

penguinpunk555
11-17-2003, 10:27 PM
I don't think punk is all about the cloths I'll drop into hottopic to pick up some patches or stickers once and awhile or a shirt of a band I like. I just wear whatever.

Lopy-slopy
11-17-2003, 10:48 PM
STOP TRYING TO BE COOL BY COMPLAINING ABOUT WHAT"S PUNK!!!!!

Whopty doo, MTV plays more big bands than they do "real"(whaterver real is) punk. You can listen to your punk on your own, If you don't like MTV, don't watch. MTV isn't killing punk, it's the people that sit around complaining about how punk is dead instead of just enjoying the music. Whatever punk is, I know its not supposed to involve a bunch of kids walking around acting like their "better" than popular music, because they are "punk".

einhander619
11-18-2003, 08:10 PM
I don't care what happens, Volcom makes nice clothes. I used to be punk, just as entrenched in hating trends as other people were in embracing them. Then I woke up one day and realized it doesn't matter. If you become truly mature, you'll realize this, too. God, I sound old.

mikey101
11-18-2003, 09:53 PM
that's why ska rules, none of this business about who's more hardcore than the other, or who has the most punk clothes.:p With ska, you just sit back, relax and enjoy it, it's not a fashion statement, and the songs usually revolve around having fun, not overthrowing the government. There's a million good bands too, like:
-mad caddies
-taxicab samurais
-planet smashers
-swzbxx
-catch 22
-streetlight manifesto
-etc etc...

heh, punk is still good stuff, i listen to it all the time. Not too worried about how I look, cause I know i don't look punk at all, but i do know that i like the music. and that's all that matters. anyway, I thought i'd throw that out there:p

FooTemps
11-18-2003, 10:11 PM
MTV is horrible still... what ever happened to the music?

Konigballer
11-19-2003, 10:55 AM
This is from an earlier thread I posted in but it definetley still stands:

Punks are easily the most "we take ourselves way to seriously" elitist music/social scene in existince. I mean punks hate each other. They talk about all this equality between bands and their fans but its complete bs. They'll cut each other down or turn their backs on one another as soon as one of them fails to live up to their oh so high punk mantra.

The various social reasons that helped birth the music arent even experienced by 99% of "punks" in America anyways. Their almost all middle/upper classs suburbia kids. Their a total joke.

I grew up happily in middle class suburbia and I refuse to dress like a vagrant, smell like crap, berate people who are'nt into my scene, berate other punks who "are'nt as punk as I am", act like I come from a hard lower class background, and genrerally act like a stuck up *A*hole all just because I have no personality of my own so I have to wear the banner of whatever social scene I frantically latch on to.

Thats why I'm so tired of hearing "punks" argue about bands, each other, blah blah blah. This isnt against anyone here on AO, this thread just kind of brought this stuff to mind. I go to art school so I hear this crap everyday.

I just dont think I can take seeing one more scrawny "punk", chains n all, give me that friggin' snear of superiority as he gets out of his brand new Jetta his parents bought him at the local Starbucks.

"Punks", seriously, quit whining. You guys have been whining since the early 80's when "punk died" and you really got to stop. Its just sad, I mean you dont see old barbershop courtets, and rockabilly fans from way back in the day crying like girls cause their scene had it's chance and then got passed. Move on with your life.

Sir_Brass
11-19-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by FooTemps
MTV is horrible still... what ever happened to the music?

It died when MTV came on the air :rolleyes:. I can't stand MTV, so I don't watch it. I listen to what I want when I want, and if someone wears trendy clothes just to be trendy, then they loose my respect. if they wear trendy clothes simply b/c they happen to like those clothes, then cool.

basically people loose respect in my book when they follow the crowd or don't follow the crowd simply b/c of what the crowd is doing.

dansim
11-19-2003, 11:30 AM
hey i just figured out something....Punk sucks balls:eek:

impostal22
11-19-2003, 12:43 PM
labels...are...so...retarded!