PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Sling Solution Found

PCI2000
11-17-2003, 09:00 PM
I absolutely hate putting my gun down for anything, including putting on my mask or setting it on muddy ground in a dead zone. And it's bad enough asking someone all the time to hold your gun when they have their own gun and mask to hold.

After trolling this board and other websites for a practical paintball sling solution, I think I found one.
I did not want to dremel or drill anything into my gun to load a regular tactical sling.
I saw one pic on this board with a tactical sling D-ring around the back field strip screw that was loosened, but I was uneasy about that solution because of the possibility of the air valve falling out or shooting backwards at my face.

After bouncing off some ideas with LuisV and a couple of co-workers, they gave me a great idea:
Why not use a belt with a quick-release web closure?

Sounded like a good idea. One co-worker said that a wader belt should do the trick. For those of unfamiliar with a what a wader belt does, it is used to tightly belt up those tall fishing wader boots so that water does not rush inside the top of the boots and drown you. Hey, if it was waterproof and could hold up heavy waders, it could certainly hold up a Mag (or any other paintball marker for that matter).

I picked up one at Dick's Sporting Goods for $5.99, but I found out that the 52" length was not long enough to hold the Mag comfortably for my large 6'1" frame as a sling.

So I bought a 1.5" wide x 72" long one from Gralite Outdoors. Fully adjustable slide with a web snap closure.
http://www.gralite.com/products/accessories.html

For $7 bux + $8 shipping, it was well worth it. I can sling the belt over my left armpit and loop it around the .45 frame. Now the belt can hold my Mag and I can put my mask on with 2 hands. I can technically use it as a "tactical" sling also since the belt does not get in the way too much when I hold the gun up.

Down the road, I can probably put a sling loop and a D-ring if I can find a place to mount it, but for now, the quick-release of the web belt is a welcome addition to my Mag.

Like I said before, when the Mag is draped around my shoulder and neck, the Mag balances nicely right at the grip frame. And the quick release is essential so that I can be without the sling and roll it up when gametime comes.

Here is a picture below to illustrate. Sorry about the picture quality.

Hope this helps anyone else.

Jim

http://www.hunt101.com/img/072043.JPG

LuisV
11-18-2003, 01:07 PM
Looks good and I'm glad my suggestion worked out for ya. Maybe you can attach it at two points... where the drop meets the trigger frame and the air inlet hose coupling to the valve. Or the drop/grip connection and the PF tube neck just below the elbow.

Either way... glad it worked out for ya...