PDA

View Full Version : Timmy tech question, problem with the eyes

Load SM5
11-17-2003, 09:07 PM
I have a nifty looking WAS'ed 2k2 timmy for only 2 weeks now. The first week it ran great. This weekend the eyes seemed to be malfunctioning. I would throw it in Forced mode fire 3 shots through it and it would switch into Bypass. I know there's a way to force the eye into shutting off by sliding the bolt in the way manually, butit's never happened while firing normally. It happens even with no paint or air. It should be firing at all in forced mode but it does. Is this a malfunction or am I a tool and missing something obvious? The only thing that's changed in the past week in a shocktech hammer and bolt. The eyes are clean and the wiring seems to be intact. Any opinions?

11-17-2003, 09:23 PM
Make sure the bolt is back when u are firing without paint or air+I usually use delayed mode it works better. Are you sure its not on simulate mode? Is the light flashing green then red or just orange? If it is red and green then go into eye mode on the lcd and change it to delayed or forced and then make sure u save the settings.

Load SM5
11-17-2003, 09:46 PM
The bolt is back but it still cycles in forced mode. It's definately saved into Forced. Like I said it worked great the first weekend. I just can't figure out what's changed since.

thecavemankevin
11-17-2003, 09:50 PM
make sure you still have an oring on each eye, if not they will not line up and mess junk up

also, if you unpluged the wire harness from the board at all, perhaps you reversed the way the quick disconect wire set for the eyes plugs in (i did that once and it took me a few hours to figure out why my eyes weren't working :)

manike
11-17-2003, 09:52 PM
Have you taken it apart such that it could have messed with the wiring or eyes?

Have you ever broken paint in the breech?

Have you taken the eye covers off?

Have you checked the battery voltage? (sometimes they do strange things when the battery is dead).

Load SM5
11-17-2003, 11:23 PM
The eye have o-rings and I've never disconnected the harnass, I still checked to be sure.

I have broken paint in the breech but I cleaned it out well. It's spotless in there.

I have taken the covers off and inspected everything.

The battery is brand new.

The only thing I noticed is that a little of the wiring insulation is worn off but the wiring itself is undamaged. I taped over the worn bits.

speedyejl
11-18-2003, 12:40 AM
Hmm, paint plus eyes isn't good... The oil might hang around even after it looks clean. Eblade and Timmy eyes are pretty different but I've passed over a few Ebladed Cockers which had their eye ruined thanks to paint in the breech.

Might want to pick up a Wicked Eye, their pretty reasonable and maybe a new Reciever if that doesn't help

JKW
11-18-2003, 01:09 AM
Make sure the wires have not been abraded between the body and grip frame causing a short. Also remove the eye covers and make sure the eye and receiver are well seated, then, put the covers back on loosely and try to fire it in forced with no paint or air and the bolt fully back. If the eyes are working it should not cycle the 'noid facing one another. If it does, remove the eyes from the body, (leave them connected to the harness) hold them together and try to fire it again. If it still fires you probably need a new eye and/or receiver.

lopxtc
11-18-2003, 01:11 AM
Have you taken it apart between the time they worked and when they stopped working. Its possible (in the case of a WAS eye) that when you put it all back they were not aligned correctly. The WAS eye is well known for being a great replacement, but also really picky in being aligned just right.

Aaron

Load SM5
11-18-2003, 07:28 AM
I kept the stock eyes and left the WAS eye in the box. I've heard the WAS eyes are a little iffy. I'll try the other suggestins and report back. If not I guess I need new eyes.

manike
11-18-2003, 07:59 AM
Do the tests suggested as above as it does sound like something in the eyes or the wiring harness.

Paint actually corodes the contacts on the back of the eyes. Eclipse have found paint coroding their eye system to be an absolute nightmare.

I wouldn't bother with the WAS eye at all. It's over hyped and the stock eyes work just brilliantly (when they work ;) ).

rdb123
11-19-2003, 04:24 PM
Load, did you find a solution to your problem? My timmy started doing this recently and I made sure I cleaned off the eyes and the breach of paint.

Load SM5
11-19-2003, 04:36 PM
I have'nt had a chance to check yet. Mine's completely clean so I gues the eye is shot. Just to be sure I have a WAS eye I'll hook up and see if that solves the issue. If it does then I guess I need to order a new stock eye.

manike
11-19-2003, 05:20 PM
Load, don't order anything until after the weekend...

I have some spares, not many mind, but I have enough that I should be able to fix your gun if it is the eye etc.

Simon (the guy who doesn't do gun teching but it sounds like he will this weekend ;) )

cris8762
11-19-2003, 05:33 PM
u sure your new bolt didnt get set more forward and turn your eyes off?

i had a problem with them not working in my Z because the bolt was too far back

yours might be too far forward

if you dont have a adjustable ram cap, i'd suggest picking one up

Load SM5
11-19-2003, 06:00 PM
Thanks Simon I appreicate it!

The bolt is'nt too far forward. It stops just out of the breech. I picked up a shochtech ram kit and set it exactly accoring to the instructions. It's not blocking the eye at all.

manike
11-19-2003, 06:36 PM
I recomend the CP adjustable ram cap... Load if you can get one I'll show you just how it should be set up and a trick or two of my own... ;)

Load SM5
11-19-2003, 07:22 PM
I have one and I'll bring it.

cris8762
11-19-2003, 09:14 PM
load, remember these tricks, and share them later;)

Ryknow
11-19-2003, 11:18 PM
frinds timmy did same thing. Take the eye cover off and hold the eyes in the gun using your fingers. If that doesnt work something is up with the wiring, my guess is the eye(s) somehow got mis-aligned.

Happened to me and I fixed it with that magic black tape.