PDA

View Full Version : I "stole" my friends homecoming date

grw4w34
11-17-2003, 11:42 PM
So yeah, we had homecoming this past saturday night and i went dateless because i knew alot of my ladie friends didnt have dates. So i chill with them during the dance. Meanwhile this girl who i dont know very well ( from another school) is with one of my friends and is having a terrible time. I told her ( she was in the group i was with, only not with them most of the dance) if she got bored to find me. We ended up not finding each other until the dance was over at this party. Her date( a friend of mine) is off where ever so i chill with her. TO wrap up the story we end up having a decent time hanging out together and exchange numbers and stuff, but my friend is accusing me of stealing his date, who could care less for him. i can just spit game and he cant and he is all jelous about it.

ramennoodles
11-17-2003, 11:45 PM
totally lost me when you were talking jive dude.

Dayspring
11-17-2003, 11:45 PM
Don't sweat it. I ended up dating this other guy's date from a wedding. :)

grw4w34
11-17-2003, 11:53 PM
im a little disoriented right now... im doing this after some confusing calculus homework

InfinatyBPS
11-17-2003, 11:55 PM
I kinda stole my girlfriend from one of my best friends :( But he never returns any of our calls or anything, so screw him i guess...

magking1971
11-18-2003, 12:14 AM
Easy there hoss.
Here is one of many lifes rules,
NEVER and I mean NEVER date your friends ex wife or ex girlfiend or sister.
It will save you alot of trouble later in life.

grw4w34
11-18-2003, 12:18 AM
They werent dating tho... thats the thing. He just called me all pissed about it. But they were just friends.

PyRo
11-18-2003, 12:29 AM
Well was it like they were gonig out, or they just went to homecomming together, big differance.

sps16
11-18-2003, 01:01 AM
who might this girl be geoff? :D

joeyjoe367
11-18-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by grw4w34
They werent dating tho... thats the thing. He just called me all pissed about it. But they were just friends.

Dude, I don't know if you've learned yet, but guys and girls RARELY are "just friends".

Restola
11-18-2003, 01:31 AM
IMHO when a dude is on a date, she's off limits until the next day. Maybe he had something planned, or was just distracted for a bit, or whatever. If she liked you that night, she would have liked you the next day.

And if you were old enough for the potential of sex to be an issue, you would have earned a good beating in my opinion. Blocking a friend is a bannable offense :)

jdev
11-18-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by magking1971
Easy there hoss.

aye. exactly what he said.

its a rule to live by. me and my friends have done so, which is why we've stayed friends for so long :)

LittMag
11-18-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Restola
IMHO when a dude is on a date, she's off limits until the next day. Maybe he had something planned, or was just distracted for a bit, or whatever. If she liked you that night, she would have liked you the next day.

And if you were old enough for the potential of sex to be an issue, you would have earned a good beating in my opinion. Blocking a friend is a bannable offense :)

Agreed, however, if HE ditched HER, then it seems like the date was over. But grw4w34, you said "I told her if she got bored to find me. " Sounds to me like you "stole" her. You need to figure out what's more important, your friend or this chick.

cphilip
11-18-2003, 08:56 AM
Whatever happened to the saying "All things are fair in love and War"?

Sounds more like to me your friend ignored his date and deserved it if she chose to be with someone who showed her some attention. Girls are not possessions ya know. She made a choice. You didn't steal anything. He lost her attention and any interest she might have had in him from his own actions.

Seems like it worked out how it was ment to be.

ShooterJM
11-18-2003, 09:45 AM
I dunnoe. I'd say it's a block move. If you hadn't talked to her before it might have been ok, but since you did...I'd say you deserve a minor *** whupping for a relatively minor infraction of the guy code.

Infinity, you deserve a very severe beating. You're lucky if he just doesn't return your calls:rolleyes:

gimp
11-18-2003, 10:40 AM
Bros before hos. Thats all that matters. It's not worth losing a friend over some cheap fluesy.

Dayspring
11-18-2003, 10:45 AM
No it wasn't the bride. ;) And I guess I could be considered by some to have blocked my buddy. BUT, she wasn't interested in him, so he got all loopy. I was only SEMI loopy. Therefore, the ball he dropped, I picked up, ran with and spiked in the end-zone. :D

Want pics? ;)

And try dating your buddy's fiancee's sister. A mistake I will not repeat ANY time soon.

Originally posted by magking1971
Easy there hoss.

ShooterJM
11-18-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Want pics? ;)

Yes, yes I do. As long as they're of her and she's hot....

And try dating your buddy's fiancee's sister. A mistake I will not repeat ANY time soon.

In assessing situtations like that I like to default the following response: RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY! FLEE! :D

Dayspring
11-18-2003, 11:03 AM
http://pic1.picturetrail.com:80/VOL130/520888/857758/10006024.jpg

:D

Too bad she decided that going out with friends was more important than me. :(

RoadDawg
11-18-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by gimp
Bros before hos. Thats all that matters. It's not worth losing a friend over some cheap fluesy.

I got one quite similar to this. There is no piece of a** worth a friendship.

Muzikman
11-18-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by gimp

Damn, gimp beat me to it. Women will come and go, but drinking buddies will always be there when you need to move furniture:)

Dayspring
11-18-2003, 01:16 PM
Or the bodies. :D

Originally posted by Muzikman

Damn, gimp beat me to it. Women will come and go, but drinking buddies will always be there when you need to move furniture:)

RRfireblade
11-18-2003, 01:19 PM
Or the bodies. :D

I think it goes, "Good friends will help you move,best friends will help you move the body."

Or something else funny.

Jay.

Dayspring
11-18-2003, 01:22 PM
My personal fave-

"Friends will bail you out of jail. Good friends/drinking buddies will be sitting next to you going "That was f'n cool!"

RRfireblade
11-18-2003, 01:29 PM
My personal fave-

"Friends will bail you out of jail. Good friends/drinking buddies will be sitting next to you going "That was f'n cool!"

And REAL good friends will take the heat FOR you so your wife doesn't kick you out........again.;)

cphilip
11-18-2003, 01:32 PM
Any buddy thats not still a buddy over a peice of ....um.....er... well is not a buddy anyway. Ever think of that?

ShooterJM
11-18-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Any buddy thats not still a buddy over a peice of ....um.....er... well is not a buddy anyway. Ever think of that?

True, but only if you man up about it first. If you skate around and lie about dating an ex or anything, you deserve a beating.

If you man up and sit your friend down and tell em point blank, then it's different. Gotta show the proper respect.

Restola
11-18-2003, 01:39 PM
But regardless of what he (the poster) or she felt, the friend clearly didn't feel that way. If she was having a crappy time she would have told the friend, they would be totally apart, and then it's ok to move in.

Instead of letting this soon-to-end relationship run its course, the poster jumps in and ends it. Now does anyone think the girl is going to call the friend and explain that she doesn't want to see him anymore? Of course not. Even if she did now it would be forced. So the friend sees the relationship ending because of the poster, regardless of what was actually happening.

Yes if they are real friends then they'll be friends after this, but its still a crappy thing to do to your buddy, and he is justified in being pissed for a bit.

cphilip
11-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Yea...I don't blame the guy for feeling hurt. But it did sound like he ignored and abandoned his date. And he should NEVER do that. What was it that was so important that he had to disrespect her? That should not happen. And it he did this then she was free to do what she wanted. Sounds like to me SHE made a choice.

But we only have just a small bit of what happened to work with. Could be wrong on that.

Restola
11-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Yea...I don't blame the guy for feeling hurt. But it did sound like he ignored and abandoned his date. And he should NEVER do that. What was it that was so important that he had to disrespect her? That should not happen.
agreed

grw4w34
11-18-2003, 06:32 PM
Well when I told her if she got bored to find me I said that with sarcasm because I didnt start chilling with her until the party. And it wasnt like i made an effort to only chill with her, tons of people were sitting around where we were, and my friend just sat there staring at her so we bounced into the pool house( this house we were at was awesome, varni's house for those of you that know him). But i put "stole" in parenthasies(sp?) because im being accused of stealing her. Its not like she was chillin with my friend and i went over and took her away. He was being wierd. And besides that we didnt do anything that night. You find out quick who your friends are when it comes to women, because at school ( high school drama factor) it turned into some big deal. O well, im outta there in May. I can deal with it till then.

Chris- she goes to campo and used to go to northgate