PDA

View Full Version : The worst wait ever?

manike
11-18-2003, 09:59 AM
What's the worst wait you've ever had?

Mine is right now waiting for my Visa so I can get over to AO SC day and start my new career in the states.

It's burning me up and there is nothing I can do about it. :(

Grrr I wish they would hurry up and get my visa in the post already! :D

TheTramp
11-18-2003, 10:09 AM
Oh great! Another alien comming ove here to steal our jobs!:D ;)

Your wait's probably better than the one I had in the emergency room where I waited 4 hours so they could take a large fishing lure out of my leg. I should have just used the old boy scout training and done it myself.:eek:

PyRo
11-18-2003, 10:56 AM
I think I would have used the ol' rip it right on out meathod, then went to the front of the line because I would bleed to death if they waited too long :)

I don't know what the worst wait ive had is, but i'm going home on friday for 10 days, so this isn't a plesant wait :)

Big'n slo
11-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Try being 18 and waiting for the results of a test on your girlfriend because she's "late". :eek:

Or, waiting for the fire dept. to show up and cut the dashboard off your leg. That one was prolly worse..

PyRo
11-18-2003, 11:04 AM
Been through that one already. Try listing to her scream at you telling you how its all your fault. How her parents will kill her if they find out, how she is going to call her parents, and a lawyer to make sure she gets all the money she possibly can from you. Then how she is going to call your parents and tell them how you "tricked" her into it (complete lie). Then tell you have to do this this this and that so she doesn't.

jdev
11-18-2003, 11:20 AM
waiting outside the courtroom to find out whether you are to be sentenced to 2-5 years in federal prison.

not fun.

FactsOfLife
11-18-2003, 11:28 AM
Waiting to find out if your brother is going to live through his overdose.

RRfireblade
11-18-2003, 11:40 AM
Laying on the ground with my head split open,blinded and covered in blood,wondering if the Ambulance is ever gonna show.

Other than that,waiting on the pizza guy when your hungry kinda sucks too.;)

Jay.

Big'n slo
11-18-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
Other than that,waiting on the pizza guy when your hungry kinda sucks too.;)

Jay.

Ah, waiting for the bartender to refill your beer...

Restola
11-18-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Big'n slo
Ah, waiting for the bartender to refill your beer...
Thats the worst :(

Miscue
11-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Nudie sites on a 14.4.

DJBacon06
11-18-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
Nudie sites on a 14.4.

oh dip!!
Or the few days right before you turn 16 (and get a car) seem to be the longest days of my life:(

tsc
11-18-2003, 03:55 PM
The one I'm going through right now.

I get to see how much surgery I'll need, how permanently I'm damaged, and when I'll be able to walk normally again. Woohoo.

I dislocated my knee three weeks ago on Thursday. Normally not a big deal, but it dislocated about 5 more times that night. They still can't find my kneecap, My leg is crooked (I'd say it's about 20 degrees off center, but I suck at estimating things like that), and I can't walk correctly. My left leg has to pull my right, and it's wreaking havoc with my muscles-- I've been sore and achy for two weeks. The constant spasms and stabbing pains aren't much fun on top of that.

My mother is supposedly calling my orthopedist today to see when I need to go in.

Fun fun.

BobTheCow
11-18-2003, 04:45 PM
Manike... I think you lose. ;)

f3rr3+
11-18-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by PyRo
I think I would have used the ol' rip it right on out meathod, then went to the front of the line because I would bleed to death if they waited too long :)

I don't know what the worst wait ive had is, but i'm going home on friday for 10 days, so this isn't a plesant wait :)

Actually, i splayed open my hand not to long ago right through the webbing with a strait edge (start at webbing and go 1 inch into your had (not across deep) thats what the cut was. Very, very nasty and is still not close to being healed.... so anyways... as im bleeding in the waiting room on the floor, on my clothes, down my arm (even with cloth and plenty of pressure, so much so i had a knot in my arm from it) they told me... "Sir, could you have a seat in the waiting room there are a few people ahead of" needless to say i almost passed out in the waiting room from bloodloss... next time i wont drive myself to the hospital when i need something urgent done... (the hospital is about 3 mins. from my house)

f3rr3+
11-18-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Sarah
The one I'm going through right now.

I get to see how much surgery I'll need, how permanently I'm damaged, and when I'll be able to walk normally again. Woohoo.

I dislocated my knee three weeks ago on Thursday. Normally not a big deal, but it dislocated about 5 more times that night. They still can't find my kneecap, My leg is crooked (I'd say it's about 20 degrees off center, but I suck at estimating things like that), and I can't walk correctly. My left leg has to pull my right, and it's wreaking havoc with my muscles-- I've been sore and achy for two weeks. The constant spasms and stabbing pains aren't much fun on top of that.

My mother is supposedly calling my orthopedist today to see when I need to go in.

Fun fun.

Oh, well.. i went through a wait like that a year ago... i broke both bones in my legs right through the growth plates 3 medicarples and bent one, oh and i fractured my heal. One of the growth plates was fractured 3 ways and the other was fractured only 1 way. First i had to wait if they needed to be screwed together to heal correctly, and now im waiting to see if it healed well enough for my leg to grow or if i will need surgery to close the other growth plate. (the one growth plate was a tri-planer or fractured in 3 diferent directions)

Lohman446
11-18-2003, 07:38 PM
The wait you have trained yourself to have by counting to ten before you throttle the crap out of someone who so desperatly deserves it...

But actually, the worst wait I had was in the hospital, when I took my then two year old into the emergency room for a high fever - after inital tests took her to do X-rays and MRIs and all that other stuff and told me not to stray from this one room. Gods it sucked... then the docs told me its wasn't anything major :).

rehme
11-18-2003, 07:40 PM
getting out at school at 3:00 'o clock every day!

bart
11-18-2003, 07:47 PM
Having to pee when someones in the bathroom:(

einhander619
11-18-2003, 07:56 PM
Waiting for the mountain to freakin' open!!! I'm a good kid, I don't get into trouble like the rest of you degenerates;)

blackclown
11-18-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Oh great! Another alien comming ove here to steal our jobs!:D ;)

Your wait's probably better than the one I had in the emergency room where I waited 4 hours so they could take a large fishing lure out of my leg. I should have just used the old boy scout training and done it myself.:eek:

same with me I had to wait from 5:00 to 2:00 to get my cat scans back.
:(

hitech
11-18-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Lohman446
..when I took my then two year old into the emergency room...and told me not to stray from this one room.

There is NOTHING longer than the wait when one of your kids is sick/hurt. I had a paramedic in tears when they would let me in with my niece when we in a car accident (I apologized later).

PyRo
11-18-2003, 08:36 PM
Having to take a #2 with someone else in the bathroom, then getting in to discover no more TP!!!!

pbzmag
11-18-2003, 08:55 PM
Mine's not as bad as others here, but waiting to do the urine test for MEPS after holding it for at least an hour. Then trying to get up from your chair to do the test and not letting if flow. Almost lost if a few times while waiting.

sneakyhacker420
11-18-2003, 08:58 PM
may sound stupid because of me being 14 (almost 15) and all that, but i dont wanna hear you're complaints

but waiting 3 months for one cigarette :(

PyRo
11-19-2003, 01:37 AM
If you went three months without smoking why would you start again :confused:

TransMan
11-19-2003, 07:18 AM
Waiting in some guys house after running from the police to see if they got your name and called your parents and the answer to both is yes :(

manike
11-19-2003, 07:22 AM
The wait is over... my VISA has arrived!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

dansim
11-19-2003, 07:47 AM
waiting for an hiv test result is pretty bad...you start thinkin about all the bad things youve done

RRfireblade
11-19-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by manike
The wait is over... my VISA has arrived!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cool, lets see if it works, buy me something.;)

Fred
11-19-2003, 10:10 AM
was waiting for the Visa worse than waiting for your PGPs from Doc???

the worst i can think of is waiting for a prof to call the break in a 3 hour class when you really have to go take a whizz... that's the worst way to wake up from a nap too, suddenly having to go, but not being able to without ticking off the prof...

---Fred

manike
11-19-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Fred
was waiting for the Visa worse than waiting for your PGPs from Doc???

I wouldn't know, I still haven't got them back yet. I'm kind of numb to that wait now. :(