PDA

View Full Version : bummed about army freeze

thump
11-18-2003, 05:15 PM
hi all,just wanted to let you know how my army application is going.well its not.i applyed last year and was accepted but tore my shoulder muscles,tendons,ect so i had to wait for it to heal.well after a year it was fully healed and i reapplyed,i went for my medical and they tested my shoulder and i passed with no problems,it is actually stronger then my other one.so i figured everything was going well with my application.I was wrong,today i get a call form the recruting office and they tell me the government has stopped all hireing for the army,,no one will be hired till at least late spring/early summer of next year.leave it to the Canadian government to do something like that,i meen in a time when more soldiers are needed they cut back.all i wanted to to was join the army ( infantry ).now i dont knwo what i want to do anymore.

PyRo
11-18-2003, 06:35 PM
Wow, I don't think our army ever stops taking people.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
11-18-2003, 07:22 PM
Move to America, but you might actually have to fight:D

Lohman446
11-18-2003, 07:25 PM
Canada has an army?

(I am joking, although we may have disagreements the Canadian armed forces are generally right there with us and were in Afghanistan, I also realize that there are some really strong historic events about Canada's military)

thump
11-18-2003, 07:56 PM
i looked at the US army but i cant get a work visa :(
no visa/no work

-Jôker-
11-18-2003, 08:17 PM
thump i thought canada and the US had open boarders? you still need a visa?!

PyRo
11-18-2003, 08:37 PM
Don't you have to live here three years or somthing to join the army???

mcveighr
11-18-2003, 09:15 PM
No idea PyRo.

I also realize that there are some really strong historic events about Canada's military)

Like when we burnt down the whitehouse?

thump
11-18-2003, 09:47 PM
no we dont have open borders when it comes to jobs anymore,i can join the US army but i have to have a visa,the only way i can get a visa is to have a sponser who is in the US and i dont have anyone,at least that is what the US recruiter told me.

Restola
11-18-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by mcveighr
Like when we burnt down the whitehouse?
lol!

I need to kick someone's butt for that :D ;)

Steelrat
11-18-2003, 10:52 PM
The fact that Canadians have to cling to an event the Commonwealth achieved roughly 200 years ago speaks volumes ;)

bleachit
11-18-2003, 11:36 PM
its true, its true. lol

Jeffy-CanCon
11-20-2003, 04:09 PM
It's true.:(

Our army does fight (usually in bars) and we have some heroic 20th century war stories, but we don't teach them in school. If you are not a history buff, you won't know them.

The "burned down the white house" story is the funniest one though. :D Even funnier than when we stole a V2 rocket from the Brits after WW2. :)