PDA

View Full Version : Losing my mask foam...NVX specifically

Sparq
11-18-2003, 10:25 PM
The foam around the nose and cheeks of my Raven NVX started to peel off the mask during a game earlier this year. I superglued it back in place, but it's happening again. I can't figure out why it would do that...sweat? Heat? It's not that the adhesive just doesn't stick to the mask...it seems that the adhesive itself gets soft and stops sticking. Any ideas what I can do to stop it, or has anyone had the same problem? I'm pretty sure I can get replacement foam from Raven, but it seems to me that I'd be as likely as not to end up with the same problem.

epterry
11-19-2003, 12:37 AM
The foam on my flex 7 came off, but (are dog ate it off) I just bought a new lens frame for it. I have seen masks do what you are talking about though. I think what causes that problem is just the stress and sweat put on the foam. Now as to whether there is a foam that is more resistant to wear and tear (and dogs), I do not know and do not have the time to figure out.:D

bryceeden
11-19-2003, 08:29 AM
My NVX did the same thing, I just glued it back on and haven't had any problems since.

Sparq
11-20-2003, 12:11 AM
Hmmm...I guess for now it's just more super glue then. Unless someone has an idea for a better adhesive?

cockermongol
11-20-2003, 12:20 AM
mine did the same thing. I e-mailed them 2 weeks ago and suppossedly my new foam is in the mail but I'm not keeping my hopes up...

the Raven masks are really comfortable when you first get them, but their durability is just crap.

fdrsk8boarder
11-20-2003, 03:30 AM
my dye mask is doing the same thing, i used adhisive but it came off and is gettin worse
my cousin bought a new raven mask and after using it twice he kicked it in the river at one of the fields we play at, it was fooggin up sittin on the table, ive only seen a few but everyone i saw that had one their was somethin wrong with it

gadget68
11-20-2003, 04:12 AM
Mine did the same thing. I called raven and they sent me new foam for free. They stated that it was a waranty thing. I recieved mine in a matter of days. I do recomend calling them. They will take your name and info. Hope it works out for you.

Sparq
11-20-2003, 11:23 AM
Thanks gadget, I'll try that. As for the fogging issue...my NVX has never EVER fogged on me...I love it except for the foam.

Phil
11-20-2003, 12:56 PM
I used a hot glue gun and it has held for several months now with no adverse effects. Just make sure that you apply the glue in a very small amount.

frgood
11-20-2003, 04:02 PM
I found a small tube of adhesive specfically for foam products ad Home Depot. It's a plastic super glue.
The brand name is Grip-Ton-Ite. I thought generic epoxies and CA adhesives eat foam. I probaly got my glues mixed up.

This foam super glue works fine. The original adhesive is weak and can wear off quickly.