PDA

View Full Version : vertical adaptor for minimag

yourBFHD
11-19-2003, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know of a place where I could find a vertical adaptor for my minimag that is angled? I am looking to set the regulator forward at a little bit of an angle similar to that on many of the cockers. It appears to me that the angled adaptor on the cockers is built into the body so I am stuck.

Dayspring
11-19-2003, 01:18 PM
I believe Doc Nickel does a 15* ASA adapter.

Check out www.docsmachine.com

One thing though- are you running compressed air or co2? Only reason I ask is b/c if you are running Nitro, you don't want a reg there. Just a gas through. The gun has a built in reg, and the tank is the 2nd. Any more regulators and you can cause flow problems and starve the gun.

yourBFHD
11-19-2003, 01:26 PM
I had no idea that it could cause problems with my gun to have a reg there, I haven't had any problems with it up to now. It isn't causing any damage to my gun that I am unaware of is it?

Dayspring
11-19-2003, 01:35 PM
No damage, no.

But you are hurting the performance of the gun.

Try a gas through or just run the air line to the valve straight from the tank/tank ASA.

PyRo
11-20-2003, 02:55 AM
Regs only allow so much air through, the more regs the less air thats getting through. This can cause shootdown. Its really not recommended, if you have any shootdown problems or consistancy problems I would look to that reg. But if it isn't causing you any trouble I don't see why to remove it if you already have one. Sell it, buy a gas through, and you have $20 left over for paint :)