PDA

View Full Version : 4/5 classes i wanted to register for are CLOSED

impostal22
11-19-2003, 01:33 PM
considering my major is undecided, it could be worse...BUT...those 5 classes are the only 5 in the course catalog that interested me at all.. WHAT SHOULD I DO:confused:

dropping out always seems like an option just out of reach..

PyRo
11-19-2003, 01:38 PM
That sucks :(
Cannot you get put on a list so that if someone drops the class you get in, or speak to the professor and see if they will let you take it anyway. I have to register in 2 days, so I might be in the same boat as you.

RoadDawg
11-19-2003, 03:03 PM
Well unfortunatly those that have been in class and have more units or credits then you get to register first. So your first year usually isn't your favorite classes. My suggestion is take your English or Math for sure. Always boring but it's best to get them out of the way. 2nd even if the class is closed you can always expect some drop outs. So my suggestion is try to add the class after or before the first class. Some teachers will say no if they don't have the room but most will say yes if they do. In fact my math teacher this year had a full class (50 students) and after the 1st week it was down to 30. So keep your head up and keep trying.

Thordic
11-19-2003, 03:06 PM
You'd be surprised at how often professors will write you into the class if you go talk to them and plead your case.

Especially if you tell them that you are interested in the course material, not just trying to get in to fill a requirement.

impostal22
11-19-2003, 04:03 PM
ya...petitioning is always an option..but the thing is, it's really about me not knowing what i want to do in the future. because of this, i feel overwhelmed by what i can take, even though there is not much i *want* to take. it's very confusing, and i miss high school (at least because it didn't seem to be so...focused on what you're doing with the rest of your life).

RoadDawg
11-19-2003, 04:08 PM
It's a tough decision but we all have to grow up in the end. I still don't know what exactly I want to do but I'm leaning towards being a history major and get my teaching credentials.

Miscue
11-19-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
You'd be surprised at how often professors will write you into the class if you go talk to them and plead your case.

Especially if you tell them that you are interested in the course material, not just trying to get in to fill a requirement.

I've crashed courses several times. Show up to class anyway with a full class waiver. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.