PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know Mike's Paintball in Palm Beach, FL

Gudmann
11-19-2003, 06:10 PM
Here's the story :

A friend is buying a $1300 marker off ebay from someone with no feedback. My friend doesn't have any feedback either.

I strongly recommended they use a 3rd party service and I recommended Vantrepes and his service on www.moodypaintball.com, since he has acted as a 3rd party for me before and I trust him a 110%....

But the seller does not know Van or moodypaintball.com, but this is a store and a guy, who he does know, but I do not, that is also willing to act as a 3rd party.

From the website, this looks like a good store, although the website is not exactly the most professionally done...but it's honesty and trust I am looking for, not graphic design.

So, does anyone know the store and even Mike himself personally.....

Recommendations and good things to say hopefully.

Mike's Paintball
(561) 790-0755
10307 Southern Blvd
Royal Palm Beach, FL
www.mikespaintball.com

thank you
Gudmann Bragi Birgisson
Reykjavik Paintball Club
Iceland

cphilip
11-19-2003, 06:48 PM
Well first off I do not see on Mikes site where he does third party transaction and then there is the Iceland thing going on there. You would have to ask Mike that directly.

And then there is the fact that its an eBay transaction as well... Not sure I would be buying a $1300 marker off eBay to international shippment from a no feedback seller and even if I was I would be looking to use some of the ebay safety insurance method of payment. But I am not even sure you can get them in an international sale of that kind.

What kind of Marker is this? Maybe someone here has a better deal that we can hook you up with that you can trust.

Gudmann
11-19-2003, 07:03 PM
http://gudmann.simnet.is/strangeshocker2004.jpg

We talked to the guys at teamstrange.net

The marker is for real and this is the price.

Mike seems to handle used markers.

Payment would not be through ebay, but a bank issued cheque, sent to the 3rd party to resend if the deal is not for real.

Shipping a 5 pound package to Iceland, USPS registered air parcel post, takes 6 - 10 working days and is $37.50 insured for $1300.

thanks for your concern

Gudmann Bragi

Gudmann
11-21-2003, 05:04 AM
Does anyone know this store or the owner ?

thanks
Gudmann Bragi

thei3ug
11-21-2003, 07:55 AM
i've done business with him before.

Bought two BBT sovs a few years ago from him. He was a prompt seller, and they were "new," just as he described.

Never been to his store, I've never endorsed anyone before, and I don't want to be liable for anything he does, but I did have a good experience.

Gudmann
11-21-2003, 08:04 AM
Thanks....

And of course I won't hold anyone responsible...my decisions are my own and my responsibility alone.

I'm just looking for information and other peoples opinions.

thanks again

my best
Gudmann Bragi Birgisson

robert heatwole
11-21-2003, 08:12 AM
i play at mikes every weekend. there good people and i would trust them to do third party