PDA

View Full Version : Can i listen to music while playing paintball @ a tourny?

Wank107
11-19-2003, 06:27 PM
Hey guys, im goin to a tourny this weekend, and i found some crazy music that would help me play, ive done it in woodsball. In a tournament am i aloud to wear earbuds/headfones while i play paintball?

ExtremeODD
11-19-2003, 06:29 PM
prob if u can prove it wont impare your skills, and that its not a radio with someone telling u the positions on it

PolishSausage
11-19-2003, 06:30 PM
How are you going to listen to your teammates with music playing? Communication is one of the more important aspects of playing as a team in a tourney, or any enviornment for that matter...

paintballman333
11-19-2003, 06:30 PM
Yeh I think you would be able to. The problem for me would be you wouldnt be able to hear anything other then the music so if someone was to come bunker you, you wouldnt know or if your teammates were trying to talk to you, you wouldnt be able to hear them. just my opinion.

cphilip
11-19-2003, 06:31 PM
I with PS on that. No you shouldn't. I wouldn't want you playing with me that way.

personman
11-19-2003, 06:33 PM
Its a bad idea but you can buy some things that JT makes im not sure what they are called but I think they are speakers for you mask or something.. I thought I read you can hook them up to a radio, so why not a cd player..

FreakBaller12
11-19-2003, 07:07 PM
my advice, inbetween games get a cd going pump you up, get it stuck in your head, you'll remember it on the field but still be able to focus and communicate

Wc Keep
11-19-2003, 07:36 PM
actually some rule books state that any devices that you hear out of are against the rules. i would check with the rules they are going to use. they are usually modified nppl.

fdrsk8boarder
11-20-2003, 03:56 AM
jt does have a hookup that u can plug a cd or mp3 player or whatever u wish as long as its a head phone jack, check the jt website

and their made to fit in ur mask
but all in all its not a good idea sometimes using ur ears can make the difference between winning and loosing (is that how u spell loosing?)

cledford
11-20-2003, 08:58 AM
Stupid idea. Even though we tend to not consider paintball guns as dangerous as real ones - anytime you're leveraging a piece of equipment against anyone that can cause permanent and irreversible harm you absolutely need to be able to hear everything – in the event that an emergency command to stop shooting has to be given. IF (and I say if) there was an injury, a penetration in the netting, someone looses their goggles, or even a super quick game - the shooting needs to stop AS SOON as the command is given and not so much as a single other ball should fly. Wearing head phones pumping music is the best way not to hear the important communications you need to process.

-Calvin

Torbo
11-20-2003, 05:07 PM
im sure you could.....but its a terrible idea

if you cant communicate with your teammates, youre not gonna win, so it doesnt matter how motivating the music.

oldsoldier
11-20-2003, 05:15 PM
Most tournies I have been to dont allow any type of device thatgoes into your ear period. Besides, you cant hear positions and commands from your teammates...you gotta play as a team...like toyotaboy said, listen to tunes in between. I have like 3 CDs I play while waiting, or whatever. Pumps me up.