PDA

View Full Version : PTP micro emag any different from regular emag??

blakdragon21
11-20-2003, 12:19 AM
I was just wondering if the PTP micro emag is any different from the regular emag?

hAppy
11-20-2003, 11:32 AM
yes its micro-er

its alot smaller than a regular emag

ChucktheMAGician
11-20-2003, 11:42 AM
Other than the body, some of the parts are different, on/off pin length and maybe trigger rod length.

Originally posted by BlackVCG
I don't work for PTP, so I'm not sure what their tolerances are suppose to be, but I do know that their Micro-E-Mag on/off pin should be about .670-.675. Trigger rod lengths and stuff like that I just eyeball because MicroMags never seem to work right wih AGD tolerances.

Kevmaster
11-20-2003, 08:41 PM
On-Off pin is different length. I would STRONGLY recommend NOT getting one. I've heard nothing but horror stories about them ( I had a horror story myself) and would never touch one again. I strongly recommend AGD emags. Plus, Emags are just as light now with all the ULE stuff...prolly lighter...

sneakyhacker420
11-20-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
On-Off pin is different length. I would STRONGLY recommend NOT getting one. I've heard nothing but horror stories about them ( I had a horror story myself) and would never touch one again. I strongly recommend AGD emags. Plus, Emags are just as light now with all the ULE stuff...prolly lighter... whats your horror story?

i have a micro-e and it RIPS

the on/off pin is longer and the body is made out of aluminum, and milled in a different pattern, along with the battery pack

i personally prefer mine over AGD E-Mags, but thats just my preference

i have mine hooked up with pimpin 3.0 software rippin out 19-20bps IN GAME!!!! that shot buffering is wild as hell man!

blakdragon21
11-20-2003, 09:45 PM
can you still use agds software with it?

purplemag
11-20-2003, 09:49 PM
My micro E also rips, no problems as of yet for a couple months at least! I tend to get a lot more oohs and ahhs when people see it. You would not believe the people that will say "So how do you like your new X-mag". I don't think they look anything alike, but I guess some do. I find it to be slightly lighter than an AGD emag, but only a few onces. Plus having the cocker barrel threading is nice! I Love mine to death, and PTP has always answered everyone of my questions in excellent time.

purplemag
11-20-2003, 09:50 PM
Yes uses normal AGD software

Kevmaster
11-20-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
whats your horror story?

i have a micro-e and it RIPS

the on/off pin is longer and the body is made out of aluminum, and milled in a different pattern, along with the battery pack

i personally prefer mine over AGD E-Mags, but thats just my preference

i have mine hooked up with pimpin 3.0 software rippin out 19-20bps IN GAME!!!! that shot buffering is wild as hell man!

my microE came DOA. Sent it to PTP. They had it for a month or so, I called them, they said the 'fixed' it and sent it back. Less than 1000rnds later, it was DOA again. Called AGD, they took care of it. Problems:
1) wouldn't fire in emode
2) on-off pin not proper length (as they SAND on-off pins that AGD sells to fit the marker. AGD LASER CUTS them for their own markers. Talk about bad tolerences)
3) The tolerances SUCK on the marker
4) mine chopped like crazy until LX.

I sold it for an X-Mag. EASILY worth the $500 more it cost to get the X.

sneakyhacker420
11-20-2003, 11:59 PM
my on/off pin is actually a considerable amount longer than the AGD e-mag pins... RobAGD had to custom cut one for Personman when he had it...

e-mode nor firing... was the trigger setup correctly? battery taking a charge?

most mags chopped like crazy until LX... especially if you had only a revvy on a RT/E-Mag

another possibility would be if it didnt have the shim between the body and trigger frame

hAppy
11-21-2003, 12:09 AM

most mags chopped like crazy until LX... especially if you had only a revvy on a RT/E-Mag
umm no... agd wouldnt survive this long if their guns only chopped w/o lvl 10

you just shortstroke like no tomorrow

my friend played a whole day w/ his stock mag, no chops w/ a revy

so... maybe its just you

sneakyhacker420
11-21-2003, 12:12 AM
i was saying with retromag or e-mag because of their high rate of fire

Mossman
11-21-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by xXhAppyAznXx
umm no... agd wouldnt survive this long if their guns only chopped w/o lvl 10

you just shortstroke like no tomorrow

my friend played a whole day w/ his stock mag, no chops w/ a revy

so... maybe its just you

Don't mess with rich 14 year old gun whores with 4000 posts, they know more than you! :D

hAppy
11-21-2003, 01:00 AM
i was saying with retromag or e-mag because of their high rate of fire o gotcha

i got the perfect solution... halo

my friends got one, too fast i tell ya

sneakyhacker420
11-21-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Mossman

Don't mess with rich 14 year old gun whores with 4000 posts, they know more than you! :D

rich? rich? nope.

i work at a grocery store making $6 an hour, all but $200 or so has gone to paintball in the past year... in my sig, you may be seeing guns, but what you dont realize is that i put in my own arse-busting human 14-year old labor for each and every one of thoes :eek:

ps... was the halo out before mags got a reputation for chopping? no.

LX came out about 2 months after the HALO was introduced

i have a HALO B w/ Z-code software on my micro-e and that thing NEVER skips a beat... soon to be on a warp feed :p

Mossman
11-21-2003, 01:10 AM
I was just messing around dude :) I'm working for an average of 10 bucks an hour at my 2 jobs (granted im 18). Both of us know a way too large % of each paycheck goes into paypal :) Your % may be bigger, but I work 30 hours a week and have a silly car to dump money into :(

sneakyhacker420
11-21-2003, 01:14 AM
i work 18 hours a week (labor limit for 14)

my dad disabled our paypal account and refuses to let me use my bank account on it instead of withdrawing cash and paying him back for the credit card bills that i run up :rolleyes:

but right now i need cash... to finish building my ULE Project Mag... the offical SneakyMag... and my micro-e is my Sneak-E 3.0 :p

Kevmaster
11-21-2003, 01:35 AM
my on/off pin is actually a considerable amount longer than the AGD e-mag pins... RobAGD had to custom cut one for Personman when he had it...e-mode nor firing... was the trigger setup correctly? battery taking a charge?
another possibility would be if it didnt have the shim between the body and trigger frame

lemme tell you sneaky...there were $200 worth of parts put in by AGD to fix her....baically a whole new valve assy and such.

I've heard pretty much the same....wait till Tuna posts in this thread....he'll back me...

sneakyhacker420
11-21-2003, 01:41 AM
:eek: that can't be good...

sounds like Brian Terry's SFL thats stuck at AGD pondering every single AGD tech

Barfly
11-21-2003, 02:36 AM
sneaky u need to be a fisherman to earn thousands of dollars in high school during the summer.

Barfly
11-21-2003, 02:57 AM
sneaky u need to be a fisherman to earn thousands of dollars in high school during the summer.

BajaBoy
11-21-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by xXhAppyAznXx
yes its micro-er

its alot smaller than a regular emag

umm... no? They use Agd frames.. Agd style (size) battery packs... same valves.. tell me how they are smaller bud.

and i have heard and seen nothing but Bad about Micro Emags. I have to side with Kevmaster on this one

purplemag
11-21-2003, 04:37 PM
The actual body is slightly shorter than a AGD emag...therefore smaller. I guess I must be the luckiest guy in the world cause as I said mine straight up rips. Never chops(LX)...doesn't leak...velocity is always perfect...accurate(barrel)...good looks...shoots absolute ropes of paint if needed! Have played some scenario ball and many many rec ball days and no probs as of yet. Just like all mags get it to where you want it and then just keep it cleaned and oiled!

personman
11-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Baja, the body is alot shorter. Trust me its smaller.
Sneakyhacker, wtf are you talking about, I've never met RobAGD
And there WAS a problem with your gun, thats why it only has 1 star now :rolleyes:

I diddnt really like the whole PTP part of the Micro, and if I had a choice I defentally would have picked AGD, it would have saved me a few hundred dollars, more upgrades, no problems, ect.

Not to mention PTP's customer service BLOWS

blakdragun dont get one, its more trouble than its worth :p