PDA

View Full Version : Any fellow AO'ers in D/FW area?

jonnyboy34
11-20-2003, 05:10 PM
If any of u are what fields do you play at and what upcoming events are u planning to participate in. The field I play at is DFW Adventure Park, just wondering if any of you have played there and how do you like it?

Jon/xpm
11-20-2003, 05:32 PM
ive played at the old dfw adventure park but never the new one...
i heard it suxs
is this tru?

http://texaspaintballschedule.com/
^for upcoming events...

http://flagstation.com/
^texas pball forum

Jaasper
11-20-2003, 09:41 PM
I play at Fun On The Run. Which is one of the best fields in the DFW area in my opinion. I will be at thier Toys for Tots big game this weekend, unfortunatly I will be reffing.. Blah..

Rather
11-20-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm about 10 miles NW of Dallas and I play out at Official Paintball Games of Texas. Great place. I see lots of people from my school there every now and again. Also, hopefully soon I will be on a ameature team (of people from my school none-the-less) and sponsored by....Official Paintball.....Its a calling for me. :D

And don't anyone dare talk bad about it, its an awesome place, I have lots of connections with people from that place, so tahts my reasoning for mainly going there to play. I'd like to try out other fields in Dallas, but I'm just too hung up on Offical. :D OH and they have bought their own X-ball field recently, so even more reason for me to like them (to practice on for TX AO day).

officialpaintball.com (http://www.officialpaintball.com)

Another place i've gone to is Mad Ivan's. Its an indoor place and not all that great (i think, it was the first field i've been to). Its ok if the weather is...well...quarky.

Sir Chopsalot
11-20-2003, 09:52 PM
i also play at fun on the run, i think its the best field in the fort worth area by far.

Rather
11-20-2003, 10:27 PM
I beleive they have it set up mabey every other week. Its either that or whenever it isnt windy or rainy.

Not sure when it will be up again though, last time i went there (couple weeks ago) they didnt have it up cause they were putting netting up B/W x-ball and cyberball.

Yes i realize it can be expensive...for other people....since I know so many people there they ley me get away with things here and there.

EDIT: not sure if this would be any help but here's a list of a few fields that ive found and saved onto my comp so I rememer they exist. I dont have the websites for all of them. But these are all fields in TX that are more or less 15-20 miles from dallas.

PB Mid-Cities Combat Zone (North Richland Hills)
Farmers Branch PB (Farmers Branch)
DD Ranch (Mesquite)
PB of Denton (Denton)
Mad Ivans Paintball (Ft Worth)
Hit & Run Paintball (Mansfield)
Extreme Concepts Paintball (Mansfield)
Loki Paintball (Prosper)

Found all these in a grueling search through PBreview.com Field review....more info on them should be there.

CodeMA
11-20-2003, 10:51 PM
Im in the DFW area, Im 45mi south in the Corsicana area...

I played at OPGT, great people, pricey, havnt played there since the begining of summer and it was walkon then, large walkon groups at that feild...suck...of corse I havnt played true walkon now since just after that...but anyway...

Its a good feild, looking foward to playing there again on more of a tourney/pratice bases...

FOTR...ausome team pratice....been there, love it, worth the drive, feilds could use a little tweaking here and there,some changeups and hole filling, but nothing major...gotta love it, will be praticeing up that way fairly soon...

FMX Paintball- Kerens(Corsicana area)
Just getting off the ground, great people, 2 feilds, fair prices, feilds are getting better and better weekly, flexible... Its my home feild I do some of there webwork and play for home feild 5 man team....

We should have a mini DFW AO day sometime...or a "AOers get to geather and play some ball.... at a cheap feild....day"

Get a "team" togeather even and play up at FOTR or down here at FMX....something...

jonnyboy34
11-20-2003, 11:00 PM
Well, Adventure Park is awesome now reffs are nice and they usually have the airball set up and they have alot of fields ot play. Pretty cheap in my opinion compared to other places I played. I used to play at mid cities regularly until it got shut down and I played at Mad Ivans once wasnt that great VERY VERY expensive. And I have also played at Officail Paintball one time for my first tournement a year ago, and we won:D

Jon/xpm
11-21-2003, 02:33 AM
mad ivans is a waste of money...
i think they sell a case of paint for like $120.00
not very well lighted and always wet

DD-ranch was great...
only problem is they went to partys only
thats what i was told....

PB of Denton (Denton)-its okay
its just spools and nothing fancy...

famers-airball, 10 man field, spools :(
some field which is just mounds of wood chips

CodeMA
11-21-2003, 10:16 AM
further ideas suggest we form a North Texas All Mag team...

Ive gotten some intrest from Reaver already...

sounded good to me though...we can go places with this idea :)

Jon/xpm
11-21-2003, 07:06 PM

Reaver
11-21-2003, 10:14 PM
Yup am in only problem is im hour and a half south of DFW.

vf-xx
11-21-2003, 10:41 PM
Well I'm in Lubbock right now, but the feild here sucks.

I'm from Fort Worth and my home feild is Fun On the Run. Mainly because the field is 5 min from my house (literally).

Hopefully I'll be able to make a trip or two home to play next semester, but we'll see.

CodeMA
11-21-2003, 11:21 PM
Reaver bro...shorten the sig

it could all be worked out...if anyones intrested...show some intreste here and lets see if we cant get this rolling?

CodeMA
11-22-2003, 03:35 PM
yep.... gonna happen I think

Starting an ALL magger Texas Team

contact me if your intrested
email:codema@ev1.net
AIM:c0d3ma
msn:codemaster0@hotmail.com

format,primary feilds, etc not set in stone...imput welcome

thanks
Jim Brown