PDA

View Full Version : '03 Rat Impulse Q's

felony
11-20-2003, 08:52 PM
This may or may not have been discussed before, but I got some questions and opinions for you all..

I got a friend that is interested in an '03 Rat Impulse for whatever reason. He is not interested in Emag, Viking, or anything like that. Either Timmy or Impulse, but is really leaning towards Rat Impy.

Here are some of his questions...

~~~~Vertical Free Flow or LPR/Tapeworm combo?

~~~~Should he wait for the Equalizer Board? Is it worth the wait and the extra money?

~~~~Is vision a must, even with Eggy II?

~~~~What would you suggest he gets on the Impy? I guess there are different options..

Help him out :]

dan

pbcustom98
11-20-2003, 09:44 PM
not sure on the VFF or LPR/Tapeworm
definitely wait for the EQ board. its better then vision, since its got better eyes and i dont think its capped. vision isnt a must, but its always nice to have..and eggy ..i suggest a halo for the rat. if he gets the EQ board...get a halo definitely. if he cant shoot that fast, then he might do just fine with an eggo.

Daniel

MDethCKR
11-20-2003, 11:00 PM
EQ
VISION
HALO

tapeworm...meh....
VERT INLINE & JACKHAMMER LPR!

my 4 suggestions

felony
11-20-2003, 11:10 PM
Question..

Whats the diff between LPR and Tapeworm, thought they both worked together..

just wondering

dan

tony3
11-20-2003, 11:33 PM
no, a lpr is actually controling the amount of air going to solenoid

A tapeworm is re-routing the air to get to the solenoid easier, lessoning the effect of fsdo and shootdown, tapeworm and lpr's also get rid of bolt stick

Id go with a halob, equalizer, and a tapeworm. I have a lpr on my impulse currently and it is just more work then it is worth, but if you get the lpr set up right then they should work great.

sneakyhacker420
11-20-2003, 11:46 PM
main thing... WAIT FOR WAS!!!

get the LPR setup

vision is a must with any hopper that still allows some blowback except for halos... the spring pressure overrides the blowback

if he wants one really bad now, i'd say get a non-vision one and then pick up WAS when it comes out... otherwise if you get it with vision now... its a wasted $175 once WAS comes out

otherwise the RAT imp comes with some of the best internals... ND slick shot, RAT hammer, all that good stuff

Jon/xpm
11-21-2003, 02:48 AM
I would suggest that he would get the vff
since he is new to impulse and the lpr
is alittle over hyped ;)

equalizer board :D

Get a Z-Board

Dont go buy stuff before you try the gun out
if the gun shoots fine why mess with it?

pbcustom98
11-21-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by MDethCKR
EQ
VISION
HALO

tapeworm...meh....
VERT INLINE & JACKHAMMER LPR!

my 4 suggestions

EQ has its own eyes..no use for vision if you get EQ.

MDethCKR
11-21-2003, 05:09 PM
im sorry....the sites i was looking at werent completed

they still had selection of EQ board....and vision

sorry

Halo2x
11-21-2003, 07:13 PM
try here http://www.impulseownersgroup.com

RRfireblade
11-21-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by felony

~~~~Vertical Free Flow or LPR/Tapeworm combo?

~~~~Should he wait for the Equalizer Board? Is it worth the wait and the extra money?

~~~~Is vision a must, even with Eggy II?

LPR > VFF > Tapeworm

I personally think an ACE system is a must on any serious PB marker,if he can wait,wait for WAS(~$175) then sell the cricket board that came stock($25)= the cost of Vision upgrade.

The RAT will come with pretty much all your gonna need with the LPR option the only other question.

Jay.