PDA

View Full Version : im moving to the dark side!

maglover52
11-20-2003, 11:38 PM
i am moving to the dark side. i sold my emag and i am getting a dye ultralite cocker. just want to try something new getting tired of the lvl10 always going outta wack. so im trying the dye cocker. my matrix is still my # 1 marker. unless i get an eblade for the cocker then well see which i like better :D

ramennoodles
11-20-2003, 11:44 PM
so guess you'll have to change your user name then eh? anyway, how could you do that?!? meh.

maglover52
11-20-2003, 11:52 PM
yeah i still love mags so ill keep it. ill probally get another emag some day. im just tryin other stuff.

soccer4minimags
11-21-2003, 12:38 AM
Thats funny. You're tired of fixing your lvl 10, so your getting a cocker. Well I guess, look on the bright side if someday you ever have to use co2 you can get away with it on the cocker, where on the mag you couldn't.
Have fun with it, try not to dry fire too much.

Ov3rmind
11-21-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by soccer4minimags
Thats funny. You're tired of fixing your lvl 10, so your getting a cocker.
What's so funny about that? Cocker's don't have Lvl 10, thus he wont have to fix Lvl 10.

hostage
11-21-2003, 12:48 AM
I think he was reffering to how many issues he sees with cockers.
-Doron

maglover52
11-21-2003, 12:48 AM
yeah dye cockers dont take much work. just timing them. my friend has one and he has no problems with it. and u can time them externall like on all cockers and retuning the lvl10 u have to take it all apart.

hostage
11-21-2003, 12:49 AM
ive never had to retune my level 10...hrmm...
-Doron

FooTemps
11-21-2003, 12:57 AM
Once you tune lx you don't need to tune it again.... there is nothing to get out of time on a mag since everything is set and doesn't unscrew or anything...

soccer4minimags
11-21-2003, 12:58 AM
yes, thats what I mean, thank you hostage. I guess I'm just lucky, my lvl 10 dosen't give me as much trouble as my cocker. And I'd say I'm fairly decent at timing/working on cockers.
Nothing has given me more trouble than a jam bolt on my cocker though. Just when you think you have it set, its gets all wack. I swear, you have to adjust it for differernt size paint. :mad:

maglover52
11-21-2003, 02:10 AM
well my lvl10 got messed up and the gun would just leak. so i had to retune it so i am just gonna get away from mags and try something new for a while.

nastymag
11-21-2003, 03:43 AM
i like how people call it the "dark side" like it was somthing bad.

so your switching guns ... whats the big deal , its not star wars

GA Devil
11-21-2003, 08:22 AM
I have both a mag and a cocker. But thats beside the point, my point is I have heard alot of bad things about the dye cockers. This is from guys the know cockers alot. I have no real idea on them but thought I would pass the info to you so maybe you can look into it further before buying something that might not be as hot as you would think. I went with the orracle when I bought my cocker cause I dont care for buying knock offs. My thoughts is if your going to spend that kind of money on something buy the original, not somthing someone made to be like it.

Bolter
11-21-2003, 09:20 AM
are you sure the leak isn't a dud o-ring or something like that rather than the lvl 10?

nastymag
11-21-2003, 03:17 PM
i have also heard that Dye cockers are mostly looks.

but on the orginal thing. Dye is one of the few that buys their bodies from WGP

lew
11-21-2003, 04:11 PM
What compelled you to get a DYE Cocker? Were you dropped on your head?

WARPED1
11-21-2003, 05:27 PM
Go for the new Powerlyte Hybrid. It has no frontblock and an internal ram like the original designer planned on before his prototype was stolen...........

JEDI
11-21-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by maglover52
well my lvl10 got messed up and the gun would just leak. so i had to retune it so i am just gonna get away from mags and try something new for a while.

Hey, that Dye cocker should be a good choice. Just a tip, QEV (valves) do wonders for the ram on your cocker. For a mechanical, you really only need one on the rear of the ram. The back end will vent quicker, and your gun will cock faster.

(electros have eyes, so quicker in both directions isnt a problem)

Good luck!

Fixion
11-22-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by soccer4minimags
Thats funny. You're tired of fixing your lvl 10, so your getting a cocker. Well I guess, look on the bright side if someday you ever have to use co2 you can get away with it on the cocker, where on the mag you couldn't.
Have fun with it, try not to dry fire too much.

Whats wrong with dry firing? BTW I don't have too much more problems with my cocker than with my mag.

Originally posted by JEDI

Hey, that Dye cocker should be a good choice. Just a tip, QEV (valves) do wonders for the ram on your cocker. For a mechanical, you really only need one on the rear of the ram. The back end will vent quicker, and your gun will cock faster.

(electros have eyes, so quicker in both directions isnt a problem)

Good luck!

Sure QEVs help the cocker cycle faster, but you could just increase the cocking pressure (a little) to increase the cocking speed (ram speed) for free. Well... if you don't care about choping or have a force fed loader.

JEDI
11-22-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Fixion

Whats wrong with dry firing? BTW I don't have too much more problems with my cocker than with my mag.

Sure QEVs help the cocker cycle faster, but you could just increase the cocking pressure (a little) to increase the cocking speed (ram speed) for free. Well... if you don't care about choping or have a force fed loader.

Right.

Steelrat
11-22-2003, 11:02 PM
Just my $0.02, but the best cockers to get seem to be Works, FreeFlows, or Eclipse. I know that Works and Freeflow give lifetime warranties, though Im not sure about eclipse. All include top-notch parts, and will not reuqire much, if any, aftermarket add-ons. With the Dye you save a little now, but pay a lot in the end. The effectiveness of a cocker is truly due to the sum of its parts, and all parts are not created equal.

Digits
11-22-2003, 11:36 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,..

:P

Go for the cocker if you really want to..

But giving up an e-mag for one that's not even e-bladed or race'd.

I wish you good luck with your new experience..

May god be with you;)

Torbo
11-23-2003, 01:07 AM
idk, i sold my mag for a cocker.....but now the cocker is being gay. I love it though, so i guess ill give it some more time and Tlc before i trade it for a mag or angel

Steelrat
11-23-2003, 01:34 AM
Cockers are not, themselves, inherently unreliable. The problem is that people do not understand their markers, and therefore cannot diagnose the issues that come up.

JEDI
11-23-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Steelrat
Cockers are not, themselves, inherently unreliable. The problem is that people do not understand their markers, and therefore cannot diagnose the issues that come up.

OH MY GOD!!!! Is that the voice of reason?!? Was that an intelligent statement about cockers? Wait a minute.... did hell just freeze over?

JEDI
11-23-2003, 07:26 PM
Free Flows are definitely good guns. My back up is a mechanical Free Flow. However, if an electro cocker is in your future, I wouldnt use a Free Flow. I dont trust the wire detent at that rate of fire, or with a forced loader. The detent works well otherwise, on a mechanical, but typical round detents are better for electros.

My $.02

Ov3rmind
11-23-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Go for the new Powerlyte Hybrid. It has no frontblock and an internal ram like the original designer planned on before his prototype was stolen...........
I second that, Powerlyte makes some awesome guns.

maglover52
11-23-2003, 08:00 PM
i played a couple games today with my friends ebladed dye ultrlitew and damn its fast, quite, and durable. i was talking to him about it and he says its easy to maintane he has had no major problems or anything. i love it! now i will have a dye matrix lcd and a dye ultralite cocker!

cockermongol
11-23-2003, 08:14 PM
sounds cool.

JEDI
11-24-2003, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't get a Hybrid. I think they're crap. I've seen their feednecks snap clean off. I've seen a couple where the word "Hybrid" on the back was only half milled in. Real sloppy looking. I don't think those guns are all they're cracked up to be.

Dayspring
11-24-2003, 02:38 PM
Hehe. He's talking about mine. :D

Originally posted by JEDI
I wouldn't get a Hybrid. I think they're crap. I've seen their feednecks snap clean off. I've seen a couple where the word "Hybrid" on the back was only half milled in. Real sloppy looking. I don't think those guns are all they're cracked up to be.

JEDI
11-24-2003, 03:31 PM
:eek: ;)

Ov3rmind
11-24-2003, 05:26 PM
Are you talking about the Powerlyte Hybrid, or the other Hybrid (made by a different company, pretty crappy Cocker clone)?

Dayspring
11-24-2003, 05:26 PM
Powerlyte Hybrid