PDA

View Full Version : reverse retro question

robertjuric
11-21-2003, 07:18 PM
The logic behind this doesnt make since to me. Ill start w/ the regular retro.

Why would you want the air inlet on the same side as your shooting hand?? It just leaves the fittings to get in the way. It seems to me like the Reverse Retro(air inlet on the left) should be for right handed people, then the regular would be for the left handers so as the airlines dont get in the way.

Anyone else feel this way, or am I completely missing something??

soccer4minimags
11-21-2003, 07:31 PM
I actually have both, a reverse retro, and a regular x valve. I don't really notice a difference when playing. Only that I have to look at fittings while I play on the reverse. I don't really prefer one over the other. I did however have to run my hoses different. they are like the opposite of each other, one makes a big loop forward while the other loops towards me (the retro). And that was done just cause of the hose hitting my hand each way. It would either be over top my fingers on one side or over my thumb on the other and I couldn't stand it so I made sure I have plenty of slack in the hose to loop it out of the way.
One thing I wouldnt want to do again is when I still ran a short hose to my vertical adapter, it was weird on my reverse valve. Too much hose and fittings in that little space for my liking.
Honestly I kind of wish airgun would just tap both sides and provide you with a 1/8th port plug so you could choose depending on your air set up.

RRfireblade
11-21-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by robertjuric

Anyone else feel this way, or am I completely missing something??

I'm TOTALLY in agreement.I would love to have the inlet on my thumb side.That's what I'm waiting for to trade another valve in on.That and COLORED VALVES PLEASE!!!!!!

Jay.

robertjuric
11-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Ok 2 more questions. Do the reverse valves mount the same?? And are they hard to come by??

soccer4minimags
11-21-2003, 07:59 PM
yes, of course they mount the same, or you'd have to be buying reverse rails and regular rails.
As for hard to come by. I'd guess not, but I have not seen anyone with a reverse x valve and since they don't make retros any more it may be tough. I thought they made or were going to make a small run of reverse x valves?
I got my retro because at the time all they had were reverse in stock. Little did I know that this was because of the release of X. Because just as I got it, (the trade in process) guess what X valve was the new thing. You'd have thought that they'd have told me, maybe you should wait 2 weeks:rolleyes:

cledford
11-21-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by soccer4minimags
I actually have both, a reverse retro, and a regular x valve. I don't really notice a difference when playing. Only that I have to look at fittings while I play on the reverse.

I had both also. I almost exclusively sight down the left side of the marker (being right hand and eye dominate) and the fittings always bugged me.

I agree about the ports on both sides of the valve body.

-Calvin

robertjuric
11-21-2003, 08:07 PM
you've got a reverse retro?? wouldnt want to trade it for a regular would you?? :)

soccer4minimags
11-21-2003, 08:12 PM
Don't know if you're talking to me or not, but no, not really. sorry. It dosen't bother me too much, and I know its in great shape.

xrancid_milkx
11-21-2003, 08:18 PM
I got a reversed X-Valve and a reversed classic Valve. I'm right handed, and it doesn't seem to be a problem. When I ordered my X-Valve, I got it in Reversed since I was afriad to get the normal one since I wasn't used to it :rolleyes: