PDA

View Full Version : E-Mags and the NPPL

emsemt911
11-21-2003, 09:33 PM
The NPPL has some hard rules on triggers. Most recently I found an article about Timmies with WAS boards have to have their boards on tourney lock during an event to stop people from changing their de-bounce settings. I recently had the 3.0 upgrade to my E-Mag. Since you can not lock this setting, how will the NPPL look at this? How do they look at the E-Mag trigger with the Hybrid mode? I plan on playing the NPPL for the 2004 season, so any input from AGD or people who use the E-mag in NPPL events in the past would be very helpful and appreciated.

magman007
11-21-2003, 09:37 PM
well, it isnt nppl ,but the rules are the same, when i played IAO they gave us no problems about our mags and hybrid mode....

now 3.0, i have no clue about

emsemt911
11-21-2003, 10:50 PM
The thing that has me worried about the 3.0 software is that the shot buffering has no lock out. If NPPL required this for the WAS boards, will they make it mandatory for all guns? I believe that the WAS bords change their setting throught the trigger. THe mag changes it through buttons at the back of the grip. A ref should easily see that. I am not too worried abou tthe hybrid mode. I prefer the feel of the E-mode.

magman007
11-21-2003, 11:28 PM
well, hybrid mode is so easy to sweet spot, that they are worried that some one can switch it, sweet spot, then switch it back, but alas

Shot beffering and debounce settings are different. Debounce is the programmed amount of sensitivity of the switch which cuts back on switch noise..

shot buffering is just counting shots that were pulled during a shot string that were cauht during the delay that it actually takes to fire the marker, then these shots are tacked onto the end of the string

emsemt911
11-24-2003, 05:06 PM
any one else with input?

Dayspring
11-24-2003, 05:12 PM
All the shot buffering does it change the time window between one legit trigger pull and another. If you pull the trigger before the first cycle is done, it remembers 1 pull.

You won't have any "bounce" issues if it's set correctly. As for locking it out, believe me. A ref will see you fiddling with this thing. it's not like an Eblade where you have buttons to go up and down. You have to count all the way up to 100 before it goes back to the minimal settings.

And I have 3.2 I ran it on a setting of 4 all day at SC AO. No bounce issues. Just one long string of paint.

rdb123
11-24-2003, 05:21 PM
Actually, the debounce on a WAS'd timmy is set through one of the membrane switches (it's actually a button) on the gun's side. It takes about 5 seconds just to get to the part of the menu with the debounce settings. Then it takes a few more seconds to change your debounce. Keep in mind that you would have to hold your gun on it's side in order to do this.

emsemt911
11-24-2003, 09:20 PM
thanks, this solves the doubts I had

felony
11-24-2003, 09:33 PM
Hye guys.. I just recently got an used Emag..

I feel that there is alot of bounce in E mode for me..

It is like I pull the trigger once and I can get 3-4 shots off if i press the trigger light enough. I am not on a short trigger pull either. I have 3 magnets and it is actually fairly long for an electro.

It just doesnt feel right, I am running a Hyperflow 420 tank into the gun @ 750 psi and I have played around with all buffer settings.

Does it have to do with the magnet in the trigger it self, the HES i believe? it seems to shoot before I pull all the way, or that could be my imagination..

Thanks
dan

rikkter
11-24-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by felony
Hye guys.. I just recently got an used Emag..

I feel that there is alot of bounce in E mode for me..

It is like I pull the trigger once and I can get 3-4 shots off if i press the trigger light enough. I am not on a short trigger pull either. I have 3 magnets and it is actually fairly long for an electro.

It just doesnt feel right, I am running a Hyperflow 420 tank into the gun @ 750 psi and I have played around with all buffer settings.

Does it have to do with the magnet in the trigger it self, the HES i believe? it seems to shoot before I pull all the way, or that could be my imagination..

Thanks
dan

the previous owner may have messed with the trigger rod and made it longer so it would be easier to sweetspot in emode
other than that, i cant get it to do that in emode, only hybrid.

felony
11-24-2003, 09:52 PM
Another post "x-mags not taking 3.2" is talking about this as well..

not sure if they are talking hybrid or not..

ill see if i can get this answered..

thanks for the response..

dan

DjGruv
11-25-2003, 04:34 AM
I don't think you will have to worry being you won't see that many emags anyway. I've only seen a hand full.

JEDI
11-25-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by magman007
well, it isnt nppl ,but the rules are the same, when i played IAO they gave us no problems about our mags and hybrid mode....

now 3.0, i have no clue about

I'm not so sure about that. We were given problems at the IAO for Emag trigger bounce. My buddy doesn't set his gun up to bounce, nor does he try to make it happen. Refs in the chrono booth were legitimately able to make it bounce, and he was forced to use a different gun.

emsemt911
11-25-2003, 02:28 PM
The 3.0 and 3.2 software has the shot buffering in it. It default to a 2 or 4 setting. At that point my mag shoots almost automatinc. I now have it set at 20 and can not get the gun to "trigger bounce" The techs at world cup told me that every gun will be just a little different on the setting. Before the new software my mag never "trigger bounced" THe tecks at world cup could not even get it to bounce. I still had the upgrade and the gun works perfect.

wish-had-a-mag
11-25-2003, 06:08 PM
Sorry to butt in on this thread, but ensemt you are the first palyer i have seen on the forum from new orleans, and beleive me ive been looking. Hope I see you at Paintball Command someday soon. (Hint-After Christmas ill be the guy with the Tac-One.)